• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reviews of Starwood hotels - London

INDEX:

Sheraton Park Lane, #1-4; #25-27
    Sheraton Park Tower, #30

I had stayed at two Sheraton properties the past weekend.
    • 12 Oct Sheraton London Heathrow
    • 13 Oct Sheraton Park Lane, London

Summary
    As other forum members have stayed in this hotel, I have had the chance to look at the rooms when I visited them. Admittedly it was upgraded rooms.

I was not at all impressed but rather was disgusted with my 13 Oct stay. What made this worse was that I moved all my future hotel stays to SPG from ICHG Gold, with the intention of attaining SPG Plat status before year end.

It was real eye-opening for me in that SPG hotels are perceived to be the higher quality compared to say Holiday Inn...but not in this case.

Sheraton Park Lane
    Paid : £186.83 (~ US $360)
    Room # : 245
    Arrival: 13 Oct 07

The Positives
    • Comfy bed
    • The lounge bar downstairs

The Negatives
    • Read on below...the carpet, the decor, the toilet, the price paid
    • The room condition was disgusting especially the dirty carpet.
    • The decor was outdated.
    • Poor workmanship.
    • No air condition. I had to open the window but that meant outside noise.
    • I have paid £90 per night for Holiday inn Bloomsbury and it was hell lot better. Similarly £70 for Holiday Inn Kensington Forum. Alternatively £56 Sheraton Heathrow. £150 Intercontinental New York was superbly better.

The Follow-up Service Recovery Response from Sheraton
    See post #16

Overview of room
    Don't let the warm cosy pictures fool you.

Last edited by KeithMEL; 13 February 2008, 04:33 AM. Reason: added more details

The Toilet

(a) (b)

(a) Thank goodness of a clean toilet seat but (b) the wooden window sill suffered from water ingress. Cracked paint as well as cracked 'plastic frosted' window.

(c) (d)

(c) shows the missing curtains blinds.

(e)

(f) (g)

The cracked panel at the top end of the bath (f). Antiquated (g) shower handle which you can attach to a vertical bar but you cannot adjust the angle of the shower head.

(h)

What is wrong with this picture is that you should have four bottles. The missing bottle is the blue shower gel. House keeping lack of attention to detail.
    Last edited by SQFAN; 16 October 2007, 06:30 AM.

Comment

The Carpet

Detail on door security latch.

Notice the dirty carpet, the 'quality' of the wallpaper... (My shoes for scale)

Condition of carpet outside the bathroom.

The dirty carpet and wooden panel of the toilet door.

Yet another filty carpet shot but this time of the side enclosed area where the ironing board was located.
      Last edited by SQFAN; 16 October 2007, 06:39 AM.

Comment

The wall behind the sofa chair.

The wall besides the room main door.

Cracked detail on the ceiling wall.
        Last edited by SQFAN; 16 October 2007, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Sorry that you had to put up with that, SQFAN. Did the staff at least provide good service?
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post

Sorry that you had to put up with that, SQFAN. Did the staff at least provide good service?
            I did ask for a room change and told them I was not asking for an upgrade but they were overbooked by 5. Staff were courteous but at check-out, never asked if the stay was enjoyable.

I had to check out early and did not have the time to provide feedback to the hotel.
            Last edited by SQFAN; 16 October 2007, 07:04 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the warning. I was tempted to switch from Park Tower to Park Lane because the latter was cheaper, but it looks like I'm sticking to the Park Tower now.

I hope you complained to the hotel or to Corporate Customer Service, and that you'd receive good service recovery.
              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

I stayed couple of time at Park Lane, and I was not satisfied in terms of not worth the points or $$$ compare to Park Tower (I prefer this for the more modern looking room then the old style) or even Le Meridien Piccadilly. And also a bit of a walk from Green Park tube.
                But, yes, I am so sorry to see you in the no-so-good room...

Comment

You should send this complaint along with all these pictures to Business Traveller Magazines, I'm sure they will published your complaint in the 'Letters' section.

Comment

I've heard (and seen) several reports of shabby rooms at this property, but thankfully I've never had one. I would definitely send an email, with photos, to the property management. Likewise if you receive the survery following your stay. I understand they tend to follow-up on comments, in particular something like this should catch their attention.

Comment

Well, cawhite, thanks to you I was able to see the nicer rooms...and I assumed all rooms were reasonable.

Yeah, I sent a message to the GM of the hotel. Let's see what happens.

Comment

Jeez, I stayed at this hotel 4 years ago and thought at the time it needed a refurb, obviously this hasn't happened. What a joke for a supposedly premier property.
                        Check out my Trip Reports at:
                        Phil's Travel Diary

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                          Thanks for the warning. I was tempted to switch from Park Tower to Park Lane because the latter was cheaper, but it looks like I'm sticking to the Park Tower now.
                          I am not so sure whether you as the W-lover would be happy with Park Tower. Not chic hotel. And not-a-happening-place hotel.
                          You should go for the St. Martin Hotel. I am sure jjpb3 would be able to correct me for the right naem and address of this hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                            I am not so sure whether you as the W-lover would be happy with Park Tower. Not chic hotel. And not-a-happening-place hotel.
                            You should go for the St. Martin Hotel. I am sure jjpb3 would be able to correct me for the right naem and address of this hotel.
                            I love the St Martin's Lane!

Unfortunately, after having divested myself of all SPG stays in SIN and NRT I now need all the SPG stays I can get to make up for the shortfall in stay credits/nights.

At least the Park Tower is near shopping.
                            All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                              At least the Park Tower is near shopping.
                              Wow... glad to see you shop at Harvey Nic and Harrods.

Comment

Working...
                              X