A350 Deliveries and Routes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    I'll be interested to see what registration follows SHH. I wouldn't be surprised if it goes to SHJ.

SWC was omitted most likely to avoid the landing gear flap looking like a gigantic toilet sign. SKO was speculated to be avoiding "Knock Out" references but I also wonder if it could look like "OK" in a mirror in certain instances. There is no attempt, however, to avoid accidental rudeness or embarrassment. Flying around planes with a giant STD or STI is no issue, and there's also one brand new letter combination that was discussed in another thread of making a rather obscene reference in Chinese. Therefore I think the avoidance of certain registrations is based on safety and operational grounds.

SHI could skip for two reasons: Firstly, H, I, O & X are the four letters of the Roman alphabet that are both vertically and horizontally symmetrical, rendering any combination of them prone to be confused when read upside down, which isn't an impossible scenario in aviation. Since X is never used and there have been no registration series based on the other three letters until now, this will be the first test of this theory. Secondly, should planes be having to say a great big hello to everyone on a constant basis?

Just my thoughts for the morning because I'm avoiding things I really should be doing...
    Good thoughts and analysis as to why registrations like SWC and SKO were avoided @SQ228. However, going along with the thoughts as to why those 2 were avoided, come to think about it, for the so called “accidental rudeness” i.e. STD and STI, the letters that would be painted on the nose gear doors would have been “TD” and “TI” respectively. Now I think those 2 characters in itself doesn’t quite mean anything (but at least to me), and the next place where you’re likely to see the registration letters painted on the plane would be the next the tail end, where the full registration 9V-STD and 9V-STI would have been painted. Again, the full registration doesn’t appear rude to me, at least not in the same league as when only “STD” or “STI” appear... That’s probably why SQ kept the registration, and in fact, have used it for at least 3 generations of different aircraft types - the A300s, the A310s and now the A330s. Now as to why then they continue using THAT “new” letter combination where is have a rather obscene meaning in Chinese... Well, let’s not go near there shall we..?

As for having no registration series based on the H, I and O letters, well, actually SQ’s very 1st 2 B747-200’s were registered, quite aptly, 9V-SIA and 9V-SIB, although no other aircraft have used that registration again and it doesn’t appear any other they have continued using the 9V-SIx series...
    Last edited by wlgspotter; 24 September 2018, 10:46 AM. Reason: Corrected typo

Comment

• Originally posted by yflyer View Post
      Beautiful pics, shikhargpt!
      Thank you!

Comment

• Are any familiarization flights planned regionally for these ULR birds?

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
          Are any familiarization flights planned regionally for these ULR birds?
          I'm curious to know too. Doesn't seem like KUL, CGK or BKK get these ULR birds, though I haven't checked any other route as I assumed these would be their go-to destinations for familiarization flights.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            I'm curious to know too. Doesn't seem like KUL, CGK or BKK get these ULR birds, though I haven't checked any other route as I assumed these would be their go-to destinations for familiarization flights.
            don't think there will be any familiration flights for these ULR.

it is basically a A350, just the layout is different.

with only 161 seats, if it is to replace any of the current flight to CGK/BBK, then SQ might have to move paxes to other flights instead.. way too troublesome for them.

as for KL, i think the journey is too short for any familiaration? basically only serve beverage right?

further till now, it seem like that there is no actual photos of the interior of the ULR A350? only some standard photos of the seats? no special guest being invited on the delivery flight right?

Comment

• 9V-SGB on her 1st CAF
              https://www.flightradar24.com/AIB06HE/1dfcc5a1

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                9V-SGB could be delivered this weekend.

Comment

• Photos from 9V-SGB's CAF.

Comment

• Singapore to Melbourne on the new A350 ULR

https://www.facebook.com/29681091756...4987810409480/

Singapore to Melbourne on the new A350 ULR
                    By Kim Chamberlin

Singapore Airlines has commenced daily flights to Melbourne on the brand new A350 ULR, temporarily, before commencing its highly anticipated Singapore to San Francisco non stop flights late October. The A350 ULR brings exciting times to aviation as we look ahead to ultra long haul flights. Kris Flyers members wanting to get an awards seat on this brand new plane, can do so by using just 58,000 Kris Flyer miles in Business class, one way SIN - MEL.

Comment

• Originally posted by PPSFlyer View Post

Singapore Airlines has commenced daily flights to Melbourne on the brand new A350 ULR
                      Hasn’t the A350ULR got a signifanctly lower sear count then any of the existing aircraft on that route? Are they going to leave pax behind.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQKevin View Post
                        9V-SGB could be delivered this weekend.
                        9V-SGB is scheduled to arrive in SIN on Saturday (29SEP18) with STA: 1215 as SQ8895.

STD: 1800 LT
                        Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Don't know if anybody has posted this before but I just noticed Singapore airlines have published the seat map for the A350 Regional on their website.

https://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/p...350-900-MH.pdf

Comment

• Originally posted by PPSFlyer View Post

Singapore to Melbourne on the new A350 ULR
                            By Kim Chamberlin

Singapore Airlines has commenced daily flights to Melbourne on the brand new A350 ULR, temporarily, before commencing its highly anticipated Singapore to San Francisco non stop flights late October. The A350 ULR brings exciting times to aviation as we look ahead to ultra long haul flights. Kris Flyers members wanting to get an awards seat on this brand new plane, can do so by using just 58,000 Kris Flyer miles in Business class, one way SIN - MEL.
                            Guess it is fake news. The first ULR is to New York. They can write it to SFO?

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                              Guess it is fake news. The first ULR is to New York. They can write it to SFO?
                              That's my conclusion too.

I've just searched the MEL website for departures long in advance and searched all weeks in October on the SQ website flight schedules. The only flights listed are the standard ones operating on the standard days with the standard craft.

There's no way any existing flight to or from MEL would be so empty that they could not only shift all the Y pax to PEY but also start offering J redemptions. I also find it highly unlikely that SQ is going to start scheduling what essentially would be joyrides on a regular basis by creating a sixth flight to MEL. I call shenanigans!

Comment

• Fake news just to generate views......lol

Comment

Working...
                                X