This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
    He literally has access to all of the central bank's foreign reserves, which is used to pay for his trips to SIN for shopping and doctors' visits. Mt E Hospital doctors' fees will sometimes put the fuel cost of a trans-Indian Ocean flight to shame. Thankfully our family is well-insured here.
    Yep, to put it simply, the Zimbabwe's coffers are his coffers

With such a reliable client, I would expect CAA to ask for USD cash-upfront payment for landing fees, parking. Same for refueling and catering ! Unless there is some gentle arm-twisting in the background to forego the charges...

Comment

Originally posted by Durian View Post
      Yep, to put it simply, the Zimbabwe's coffers are his coffers

With such a reliable client, I would expect CAA to ask for USD cash-upfront payment for landing fees, parking. Same for refueling and catering ! Unless there is some gentle arm-twisting in the background to forego the charges...
      Yes, I was pretty sure no serious foreign entity who employs even as little as one accountant would be accepting ZWD. If nothing else, it would result in having to substantially widen the balance sheet to fit in all the extra zeros required.

Comment

Singapore Airlines Fleet & Orders (Updated 8 February 2015)

SINGAPORE AIRLINES FLEET & ORDERS (UPDATED 8 FEBRUARY 2015)

Airbus A330-300

In Service: 30
        On Order: 4
        EIS: 2015
        Seating: 30J/255Y (Regional J, 2006 Y)

- 9V-STA
        - 9V-STB
        - 9V-STC
        - 9V-STD
        - 9V-STE
        - 9V-STF
        - 9V-STG
        - 9V-STH
        - 9V-STI
        - 9V-STJ
        - 9V-STK
        - 9V-STL
        - 9V-STM
        - 9V-STN
        - 9V-STO
        - 9V-STP
        - 9V-STQ
        - 9V-STR
        - 9V-STS
        - 9V-STT
        - 9V-STU
        - 9V-STV
        - 9V-STW
        - 9V-STY
        - 9V-STZ
        - 9V-SSA
        - 9V-SSB
        - 9V-SSC
        - 9V-SSD
        - 9V-SSE

Airbus A350-900

On Order: 70
        EIS: 2016 - 2017
        Seating: TBA

Airbus A380-800

In Service: 19
        On Order: 5
        EIS: 2017-2018
        Seating 1: 12R/60J/399Y (2006 R, 2006 J, 2006 Y)

- 9V-SKA
        - 9V-SKB
        - 9V-SKC
        - 9V-SKD
        - 9V-SKE
        - 9V-SKF
        - 9V-SKG
        - 9V-SKH
        - 9V-SKI
        - 9V-SKJ
        - 9V-SKK

Seating 2: 12R/86J/311Y (2006 R, 2006 J, 2006 Y)

- 9V-SKL
        - 9V-SKM
        - 9V-SKN
        - 9V-SKP
        - 9V-SKQ
        - 9V-SKR
        - 9V-SKS
        - 9V-SKT

Boeing 777-200

In Service: 13
        Seating 1: 38J/228Y (Regional J, Refurbed Y)

- 9V-SQJ
        - 9V-SQK
        - 9V-SQL
        - 9V-SQM
        - 9V-SQN
        - 9V-SRM
        - 9V-SRN
        - 9V-SRO
        - 9V-SRP
        - 9V-SRQ

Seating 2: 30J/293Y (Ultimo J, 1997 Y)

- 9V-SRJ
        - 9V-SRK
        - 9V-SRL

Boeing 777-200ER

In Service: 13
        Seating 1: 30J/255Y (Spacebed J, 1997 Y)

- 9V-SVF
        - 9V-SVH
        - 9V-SVK
        - 9V-SVO

Seating 2: 26J/245Y (2006 J, Refurbed Y)

- 9V-SVB
        - 9V-SVC
        - 9V-SVE
        - 9V-SVG
        - 9V-SVI
        - 9V-SVJ
        - 9V-SVL
        - 9V-SVM
        - 9V-SVN

Boeing 777-300

In Service: 7
        Seating: 8F/50J/226Y (2006 F, Regional J, Refurbed Y)

- 9V-SYF
        - 9V-SYG
        - 9V-SYH
        - 9V-SYI
        - 9V-SYJ
        - 9V-SYK
        - 9V-SYL

Boeing 777-300ER

In Service: 24
        On Order: 3
        EIS: 2015
        Seating 1: 8F/42J/228Y (2006 F, 2006 J, 2006 Y)

- 9V-SWA
        - 9V-SWB
        - 9V-SWD
        - 9V-SWE
        - 9V-SWF
        - 9V-SWG
        - 9V-SWH
        - 9V-SWI
        - 9V-SWJ
        - 9V-SWK
        - 9V-SWL
        - 9V-SWM
        - 9V-SWN
        - 9V-SWO
        - 9V-SWP
        - 9V-SWQ
        - 9V-SWR
        - 9V-SWS
        - 9V-SWT

Seating 2: 8F/42J/228Y (2013 F, 2013 J, 2013 Y)

- 9V-SWU
        - 9V-SWV
        - 9V-SWW
        - 9V-SWY
        - 9V-SWZ

Boeing 787-10

On Order: 30
        EIS: 2018 - 2019
        Seating: TBA

Total

In Service: 106
        On Order: 112

Comment

FYI 9V-SRN is a 777-200ER according to the Singapore Aircraft register.

http://www.caas.gov.sg/caasWeb2010/e...e_No_Jan15.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
            FYI 9V-SRN is a 777-200ER according to the Singapore Aircraft register.

http://www.caas.gov.sg/caasWeb2010/e...e_No_Jan15.pdf
            That's weird :/ did SQ just convert it into a 777-200ER? Perhaps a sign that it is exiting service soon, like 9V-SQI, which is also listed as a 777-200ER?

Comment

Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
              That's weird :/ did SQ just convert it into a 777-200ER? Perhaps a sign that it is exiting service soon, like 9V-SQI, which is also listed as a 777-200ER?
              It was done some time ago. I think for routes to NZ.

Comment

It was done some time ago. I think for routes to NZ.
                Yep I remember both SQI and SRN operated SQ297/8 (CHC) and SQ281/2 (AKL) a couple of years back, before switching back to the SV* series B777-212ER birds. I think I read somewhere (may have been on A-Net forums) then that the cabin crew didn't like those birds as for such a long as to NZ, those 2 birds lack proper crew rest areas.

Comment

Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                  The only reason that I can think of as to why they decommissioned a refitted 772 rather than a purple cabin is that it is leased, unlike many of their older 772s. They stated in a report last year that a number of 777s were to be returned to the lessors by end of March this year.

It just so happens that SRN is also marked as leased on planespotters, but tbh I'm not sure how accurate that list is when it comes to leasing arrangements and in the last few days, all information about seating configuration and about specific lessors has disappeared or become hidden. Can't woork out what that's all about...

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                    ... in the last few days, all information about seating configuration and about specific lessors has disappeared or become hidden. Can't woork out what that's all about...
                    A little OT here, but Planespotters has made changes to their web site in the last few days. In order to view seating configs etc, you'll need to log into Planespotters first - if you don't have an account you can register to get one for free.

Comment

Just got off 9V-SKI yesterday in J. The plane is definitely in need of some repairs. We had 4 J seats and had problems with 3 of them. 22K, tray table came completely off the hinge and also problems with the electric seat. 23F and 23K TV monitors could not be tilted. Full flight and nothing they could do.

Good thing it was a short flight.

Comment

SQ has just announced their fleet plan for financial year ending March 2016. Looks like they will retire only aircraft with leases expiring. So this results in A333s being retired before 772s.

Excerpt from the results announcement, filed yesterday, retrieved from SQ's investor relations portal:

"During the January-March 2015 quarter, the Parent Airline Company took
                        delivery of two 777-300ERs and two A330-300s, one of which entered service
                        subsequently in April 2015. One 777-200ER and one A330-300 were removed from
                        the fleet in preparation for lease return. As at 31 March 2015, the operating fleet of the
                        Parent Airline Company comprised 105 passenger aircraft - 57 777s, 29 A330-300s
                        and 19 A380-800s, with an average age of 7 years and 1 month.

In the year to March 2016, the Parent Airline Company expects to take
                        delivery of the first three A350-900s, as well as three A330-300s and two 777-300ERs.
                        Four A330-300s, two 777-200s, one 777-300 and one 777-200ER will be
                        decommissioned on expiry of their leases. Including the A330-300 delivered in March
                        which entered service in April 2015, this will bring the Parent Airline Company’s
                        operating fleet to a total of 106 aircraft by March 2016. In addition, 11 777-300ERs
                        and all A380-800s will be retrofitted with the new Premium Economy Class in the
                        current financial year. Total planned capacity is expected to remain flat."
                        Last edited by 259850; 15 May 2015, 10:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
                          "Four A330-300s, two 777-200s, one 777-300 and one 777-200ER will be decommissioned on expiry of their leases."
                          If the two 772s removed are SRJ and SRL and the 772ER removed is either SVH, SVK or SVO, that will see three purple cabins gone, but it will still leave two. I can understand letting a 773 go as they are now rather old, but returning four A330s which are actually less than the average fleet age just seems bizarre. I know there's probably some kind of fiscal or contractual reason, but stepping back from that, it still looks illogical no matter how it's rationalised.

Comment

If the two 772s removed are SRJ and SRL and the 772ER removed is either SVH, SVK or SVO, that will see three purple cabins gone, but it will still leave two. I can understand letting a 773 go as they are now rather old, but returning four A330s which are actually less than the average fleet age just seems bizarre. I know there's probably some kind of fiscal or contractual reason, but stepping back from that, it still looks illogical no matter how it's rationalised.
                            The A330's where only ever supposed to be a short term lease

Comment

The A330's where only ever supposed to be a short term lease
                              Yeah, I know that. I guess they don't want to enter into any extra leases and then have them end up on their hands with nothing to do with them when the A350s or 787s replace them, whereas the old 772s can just hang around until the first replacements roll in then be removed.

It's just when you look at it aside from how leases work financially, there's a five year old A330 leaving the fleet as a new identical plane joins it. The leasing process in general is too focused on numbers in columns on theoretical paper and ignores the incredible environmental waste it creates.

Comment

Relax...

Yeah, I know that. I guess they don't want to enter into any extra leases and then have them end up on their hands with nothing to do with them when the A350s or 787s replace them, whereas the old 772s can just hang around until the first replacements roll in then be removed.

It's just when you look at it aside from how leases work financially, there's a five year old A330 leaving the fleet as a new identical plane joins it. The leasing process in general is too focused on numbers in columns on theoretical paper and ignores the incredible environmental waste it creates.
                                Good grief, I think you're being overly dramatic here. "... the incredible environmental waste..."? Those A330 aren't going to be dumped in the nearest scrapyard. They are *just* leaving the SQ fleet.

And I'm pretty sure they will fly for many more years with other airlines.

Looking forward to riding the A350 next year!

K

Comment

Working...
                                X