No announcement yet.

Changi delays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not only is it causing delays, it is also causing massive queues at some terminals, especially T1. Imagine nearly 10 flights landing and docking at the same terminal within 30min. No wonder the longer than normal wait at T1 immigration and taxi stands during peak periods, with passenger numbers much heavier than T1 was designed for.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
      Not only is it causing delays, it is also causing massive queues at some terminals, especially T1. Imagine nearly 10 flights landing and docking at the same terminal within 30min. No wonder the longer than normal wait at T1 immigration and taxi stands during peak periods, with passenger numbers much heavier than T1 was designed for.
      Forget T1 - there was massive congestion at baggage claim at T3 for a 6.15am arrival last week. With 3 flights dumping bags at each baggage belt, there was chaos all around. And it took 25 minutes for the priority-tagged bags to come out for my flight.

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
        Yeah I was arrived at T1 sometimes ago, the taxi queue is like horror and I do not think I can get into cab less than 30 min, while my taxi ride will only be less than 10 min.

I walked to T2, and no one queue for the cabs there
        visit my blog

Comment

seems changi been getting a bad rep for delays - as my last Monday's 850am flight were delayed push back for 13 mins even after all doors were closed at 8.47am and then when we taxi to runway 02C were again waited for another 8 mins as we were No. 4 for take-off. And today's flight back landed at 12.05pm instead of 11.45am as we circled over the southern islands.
          It was not like these like some 4 mths before and dont believed that within these 4 mths that changi have experienced such a huge jump in traffic. It has to do more with the increasing closure of one runway for peak morning take-offs for some reasons and tower ATC. Have not experienced these many delays even from BKK and HKG even during their peak times as they also have 2 runways n their peak is much more heavier than at SIN.

Comment

On Monday, as I was leaving on SQ 22 at 1230, I noted that there were 3 aircraft ahead of us queuing for takeoff on 02C (not 100%, as I was distracted by a magazine). Just as we turned onto the runway, I saw 5 other planes behind us. Am surprised that even at noon, there's a queue. And the other runway was functional, as I could see aircraft landing in the distance. I did not see any work started to connect to the third runway, so I presume we'll have to endure for quite awhile before things get better.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
              as I was distracted by a magazine
              OT....

I wonder what magazine would keep a FF like you distracted

Comment

so I presume we'll have to endure for quite awhile before things get better.
                On the assumption that future qantas plans go ahead, it will be improved in the next 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  OT....

I wonder what magazine would keep a FF like you distracted
                  Tsk, tsk, tsk, my toy magazine -T3 of course! Did you think any of the inflight mags could get any more interesting than that!?

Comment

Originally posted by RHG View Post
                    On the assumption that future qantas plans go ahead, it will be improved in the next 2 years.
                    A big IF, but at least some hope. Sad to see Changi degrade.

Comment

A big IF, but at least some hope. Sad to see Changi degrade.
                      LOL.... i could reveal more details but i'll leave that when it has been announced. don't wish to embarrass you.

as for changi, historically, a lot of air crashes do happen at airports which experience sudden congestion. Just something to be aware of.

Comment

I was an hour late departing on TG to BKK last weekend. Granted we were a bit late boarding, but we still sat at the gate with doors closed for a while.

We were then in a queue of ten aircraft that included a real mix including TR, SQ A345, 777's & A330, the UAE Royal flight 744, a 727 and a bizarre A318 with no titiles and registration VX...

The IFS on one of my SQ flights last week absolutely panned Changi for the delays, claiming 'We've gone from the best airport in the world to one in danger of becoming a joke'.

Comment

LOL.... i could reveal more details but i'll leave that when it has been announced. don't wish to embarrass you.
                          OOOooo ... this is sounding very interesting indeed! I don't mind being embarrassed if Changi can be a much better airport since I spend the most time there vs any other airport. <Rubbing my hands in anticipation>.
                          as for changi, historically, a lot of air crashes do happen at airports which experience sudden congestion. Just something to be aware of.
                          "A lot of air crashes"? Now you're getting me worried. One is too many.
                          Last edited by CarbonMan; 14 January 2012, 04:22 AM. Reason: Missed a comment

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            ... the UAE Royal flight 744,...
                            Surely the different emirate royal families, at least Dubai and Abu Dhabi, have their own separate fleets?

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            The IFS on one of my SQ flights last week absolutely panned Changi for the delays, claiming 'We've gone from the best airport in the world to one in danger of becoming a joke'.

Comment

I was sitting along Upper Changi Road tonight around 9pm waiting for the bus. I can see flight landing into Changi Airport. I was there for about 15 minutes and only saw about 4 flights (EK, SQ, can't tell as it is too dark, and another EK) landed into SIN in that interval.

So I wonder what kind of congestion we are talking where. I do not even see 1 flight per minute rate. Why there is so much congestion.
                              visit my blog

Comment

I don't think you can *see* a congestion on the arrival side, since the flights are all stacked up in the air ... unless one is air traffic control. Even pax on the plane may not be quite aware unless the pilot announces it prior to landing.

And of course, we have to define what congestion is. To me, a simple pax, it is when a plane needs to wait even though it is ready to take off. And the severity of it is measured by the time the plane needs to wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X