Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So is SQ service and quality really going down the pan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So is SQ service and quality really going down the pan?

Now there seem to be quite a few posts recently on the quality and service of SQ going down hill of late, be it food or cabins which begs the question is it really going down or are we just being more picky?

Should we have such high expectations when airlines are struggling and need to cut costs?

Personally I've been flying them for 2 and a bit years and chose them over say BA for long haul as:
    A, they are the local carrier and I can earn miles on credit cards and so on and
    B, They were one of the best to fly in economy which I do frequently.

I have noticed things are not as good as they used to be but you still pay a premium for flying SQ. I know its difficult for airlines as they have to balance the books but surely SQ want to be winning market share and keeping customers which they would do if standards remain high.

I think SQ are on the verge of losing a lot of loyal customers, which is a shame.

I totally agree with you on that. Hearing gripes about the service,food and cabins onboard their planes from friends and family members, It's a pity

Comment

Originally posted by 225 View Post
      Now there seem to be quite a few posts recently on the quality and service of SQ going down hill of late, be it food or cabins which begs the question is it really going down or are we just being more picky?

Should we have such high expectations when airlines are struggling and need to cut costs?

Personally I've been flying them for 2 and a bit years and chose them over say BA for long haul as:
      A, they are the local carrier and I can earn miles on credit cards and so on and
      B, They were one of the best to fly in economy which I do frequently.

I have noticed things are not as good as they used to be but you still pay a premium for flying SQ. I know its difficult for airlines as they have to balance the books but surely SQ want to be winning market share and keeping customers which they would do if standards remain high.

I think SQ are on the verge of losing a lot of loyal customers, which is a shame.

Somehow, I've been hearing that for years & years. Yet they seem to keep coming back...
      Have you checked your blind spot lately?

Comment

deleted
        Last edited by trekkie; 23 September 2010, 11:10 PM.

Comment

I don't think it is "going down the pan". This year, for the first time ever, I have felt moved to fill out a crew compliment form twice. Both for long haul in economy. I actually think the crews I've encountered in the last 18 months or so have been trying harder and more friendly than usual. Perhaps feeling the pressure of the downturn snapping at their heels.

Having said all that I guess next week's flight might be jinxed!

Comment

I am still quite happy with the onboard service from SQ, what gets me though are the guys at KrisFlyer, that is really going down the sh*tter.
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

In my opinion I still enjoyed the service onboard and agreed with Mr. Botak that service has actually gotten better in the past 18 months. Nevertheless, I do agree on the food and other accomplishments that come with the flight has shown a downwards trend.

Comment

I did not notice any drop in quality, but then, I don't fly SQ that often!

Comment

Originally posted by 225 View Post

I agree, SQ is on the verge of loosing at least local customers. European and American customers will still likely stick to SQ because in comparison to their own airlines SQ is still pretty good.

Personally I have little sympathy for them when they lower quality then turn in the profits they just announced yesterday "bucking the airline trend" I think as the BBC called it.

Shaft customers in the good times, shaft them in the bad!

There is a reason SQ is the most profitable and personally it stinks in a recession. They don't appear to try and assist other less well off companies such as the Singapore SME's that scrimp and save but have no choice to travel in order to chase business in a competitive environment.

Comment

IMO SQ's standard has always been maintained. And no matter how "bad" SQ's food is, it is always edible. Also AFAIK SQ seems to be the only airline that still gives real towels in Y. Honestly, the airline I feel is getting worse would be MH, ever since they had cost-cutting measures

Comment

over the years, SQ service have perceivably gone down and generally more inconsistent inflight service as u may get good attentive cabin crew on one day and a stiff "unfriendly" crew on another day/flight - and am afraid that its even in J class too.

Comment

Working...
                      X