Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No interline bags on separate tix?

Deleted by user
    Last edited by gookia2000; 26 October 2018, 03:32 PM.

Originally posted by gookia2000 View Post
    [...]

Can someone shed some light? Did I just meet a wayward check in agent, or is it new SQ policy? In future, do you think it might be better to call SQ reservations in advance to add an information segment to the SQ booking? Check in will then be able to see that segment, and may be more willing to tag the bags through...
    Not sure how much light I can shed on this, just personal experience...in May and June I checked bags through from SQ to CZ and vice versa on separate tix. No discussion at all, just mentioned I need them at a different airport and the agent just did it. Great service.
    /Desert Traveller

Comment

Flew with SQ last night from SIN-CHC, with a 3 hour connection before a domestic NZ flight to AKL. Both flights were on separate tickets.
      :
      I thought you still need to clear custom in CHC? So regardless, your bags has been checked to CHC or AKL you still have to drag your bags as you have to clear customin CHC.

Never been to CHC, but at least this was the practise in LAX/SFO even the bag was tagged beyond it.

There was a domestic checkin counter right after custom where you can re-drop your bag and take boarding pass.
      visit my blog

Comment

Baggage is cleared at the first airport of entry in New Zealand. Exemption: if you are traveling to a destination outside New Zealand on the same calendar day and not leaving the transit area.

So even if the agent tag it through, you still have to pick up your bag at CHC. The same rules are also applicable for Australia.

Based on the information here, they should have a desk where you can re-check in your bag at the international arrivals hall? http://www.christchurchairport.co.nz...d-connections/

Comment

SQ interlines to most scheduled airlines , even on seperate tickets. But in certain cases when customs clearance is required at first point of entry into a country eg NZ, Australia, USA, it may be tagged through but you have to pick up bags at first port of entry, clear customs and then recheck in through to your next destination.

Comment

I'm flying to Gothenburg via CPH in Aug. SIN-CPH on SQ then CPH-GOT with SAS. Will I encounter the same problems? Or I will be able to check my luggage through without having to collect it at CPH?

Comment

Originally posted by warhero200 View Post
              I'm flying to Gothenburg via CPH in Aug. SIN-CPH on SQ then CPH-GOT with SAS. Will I encounter the same problems? Or I will be able to check my luggage through without having to collect it at CPH?
              Gothenburg and Copenhagen are of two different countries....
              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Your luggage will go through to GOT.

Comment

yea they are not the same countries, of course, but under the schengen agreement, CPH-GOT is like a de facto domestic flight. But yea good to know I can check my luggage through.

Comment

I've done interline bag checkthrough several times. One of the more interesting one is when I flew SQ to AUH and changed to EY to LHE. The luggage arrived beautifully despite me being really worried about it. No fuss, just a tag and off it goes..
                    Life's A Bitch,
                    Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

yea they are not the same countries, of course, but under the schengen agreement, CPH-GOT is like a de facto domestic flight. But yea good to know I can check my luggage through.
                      Schengen is for immigration only. Customs control will be done at final port , ie GOT.

CPH-GOT is not a de facto domestic flight. Its considered international.

Now if you are to fly from CPH-OSL-BGO for example, then you will need to clear customs at OSL as Norway is not part of the EU, but is still part of Schengen and you pass immigration at CPH.

Comment

Flew with SQ last night from SIN-CHC, with a 3 hour connection before a domestic NZ flight to AKL. Both flights were on separate tickets.

From past travel experience (as recent as summer 2011), SQ has always been happy to interline bags (i.e tag the bags through) even if the flights are on separate tickets. However, the agent yesterday was unaccommodating, stating that the flights were on different tickets and he can only tag the bags for the SQ segment. Essentially, even though I was making a same-day connection to one of SQ's star alliance partners I had to pick up my luggage at CHC, lug it from intl arrivals to domestic departures, and then recheck it.

From SQ's website:

However, I have always thought that through check-in and baggage interlining are separate things? My impression has always been that even if they cannot do through check-in (i.e. print the boarding pass), they can always very simply interline the bags as long as we produce a valid eticket for the connecting flight?

Can someone shed some light? Did I just meet a wayward check in agent, or is it new SQ policy? In future, do you think it might be better to call SQ reservations in advance to add an information segment to the SQ booking? Check in will then be able to see that segment, and may be more willing to tag the bags through...
                        Firstly I must admit that I haven't travelled trough CHC for a while now to/from WLG, as we have even going thru AKL for the last couple of years.

However, th last time that we travelled via CHC (probably around 2007 I think), we were traveling on a same ticket SIN-CHC-WLG, with the CHC-WLG sector operated by NZ. Checked in @ SIN, and we were thru checked to WLG with our bags tagged all the way. And as other hav mention, we still recto pick up our bags @ CHC and clear customs, however, after clearing customs, we proceeded to CHC and wanted o drop our back at the int'l - domestic transfer desk, only to find the transfer desk closed, and that we were directed to the domestic terminal to check-in there. So in essence for the case of CHC I think interlining really doesn't make a difference at all.

What was more annoying for us, was that whilst we were traveling Y on SQ, SQ @ SIN allowed us to check in @ 25 kg per pax without charging us excess, but because we have to bring our bags over to CHC domestic, the NZ check-in agent ensues to honor SQ's extra allowance and charged to an excess of 2kg each (NZ only gave up to 23kg per pax when traveling domestic at the time). I explained to the NZ check-in agent that we arrived from SIN on a SQ ticket and that SQ @ SIN allowed us the extra allowance, the response that we received - "that is SQ's problem!". I think that was the last time we chose to fly via CHC!

Comment

Same situation if you travel to USA now a day. Most dosmatic flight now charge US$25 for check in bag. If you break your trip say SQ to dosmatic flight. You have to pay for this extra.

Exception is you have direct connection from dosmatic flight to international flight.

You may also want to take note a recent change in SQ miles. Those 10%, 50% milages is applicable to Krisflyer only. You cannot get them credit to other Star A. partnes program.

Comment

I managed to have my bags tagged all the way to Singapore when I flew domestic to JFK to fly to Singapore even though the first leg, booked separately, was on DL. My luggage was overweight for the SQ leg and not the domestic sector so I paid for that when I checked-in with Delta. Quite glad that I could do so and not have to retrieve my luggage. They weighed a lot and I had to change terminals at JFK.

Unfortunately this cannot be done if you're flying into the US due to customs. Once did SIN-HKG-SFO followed by a domestic sector. I had to retrieve my luggage and change terminals, but at least I could skip the long queues for checking in as my bags had been tagged in SIN.

Comment

Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
                              Baggage is cleared at the first airport of entry in New Zealand. Exemption: if you are traveling to a destination outside New Zealand on the same calendar day and not leaving the transit area.

So even if the agent tag it through, you still have to pick up your bag at CHC. The same rules are also applicable for Australia.

Based on the information here, they should have a desk where you can re-check in your bag at the international arrivals hall? http://www.christchurchairport.co.nz...d-connections/
                              Hello, a follow up to this. would it be a problem if I try to inter line two separate tickets starting with SQ and then KC via HKG. The flights will be on two separate calendar days, but within 11 hrs of each other.

KC seems to be a partner http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/singa...-airlines.html

Comment

Working...
                              X