SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > KrisFlyer & PPS Club

Old 26th February 2017, 09:39 PM   #1
EWR
SQTalk PPS Club

Programs: SQ, UA, AC, BA, DL
Default Earning KF miles on UA flights

This may be old news but I can't seem to find any definitive answers on both SQ and UA's websites. As the title above says, I was wondering how many miles one would earn on a G class UA economy fare on the Krisflyer programme. The reason I ask is of course UA has shifted to a fare-based mileage accrual standard, and according to their website, my flight will only earn 10% of the actual miles flown. But based on this http://www.singaporeair.com/saar5/pd...FOALLevels.pdf, KF is claiming I can earn 100%. My question is what is this 100% of? the 10% or full distance flown?

Many thanks
EWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2017, 01:33 AM   #2
Jumbojet Lover
SQTalk PPS Club

Programs: Krisflyer, TrueBlue, Flying Blue, AAdvantage

You should receive miles in terms of 100% of actual distance flown. If you are booking on the UA site, look under 'Details' when you get to the page to select your flight. From my experience, the Premier Qualifying Miles (PQM) has corresponded to the actual distance between origin and destination, and I have had that number of miles credited to my Krisflyer account following a flight on UA regardless of ticket price.

Well, almost the exact miles. I have noticed receiving a few miles less than the actual great circle distance between origin and destination.
Jumbojet Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2017, 12:51 PM   #3
EWR
SQTalk PPS Club

Thanks. I checked the UA fares and the website says base miles are 320 only. PQM is higher at 3.206, but that's for elite qualification no? It's always a bit fewer than great circle, especially when SQKF gets to calculate it.
Old 27th February 2017, 08:06 PM   #4
Jumbojet Lover
SQTalk PPS Club

Programs: Krisflyer, TrueBlue, Flying Blue, AAdvantage

I don't have a good grasp of UA Mileage Plus accrual and qualification but that's Mileage Plus. ~3206 is what you should be getting credited to your Krisflyer account, all Elite miles too.
Jumbojet Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 08:25 AM   #5
Unionruler
SQTalk Elite Silver

Programs: KFEG, AA Platinum

How about K class flights operated on codeshare metal but sold as UAxxxx? Will these earn based on the PQM number too?
Unionruler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2017, 03:44 PM   #6
fone
SQTalk PPS Club

Programs: A3 *G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unionruler View Post
How about K class flights operated on codeshare metal but sold as UAxxxx? Will these earn based on the PQM number too?
As usual, mileage accrual is based on operating carrier (aka metal of the plane flying). However, UA codeshares with like SQ and its regional partners (like United Express, Mesa, Skywest etc), all having UAxxxx flight numbers. Regional partners will accrual like UA metal.
fone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2017, 04:44 PM   #7
9V-SKU
SQTalk Elite Silver

Programs: Solitaire PPS Club
Default KrisFlyer cuts mileage earning rates on United

As noted by 'View from the Wing' United travelers no longer earn the same number of miles when crediting their flights to KrisFlyer. Previously, KrisFlyer has awarded the following number of miles for United flights:

A, F 150%
C, D, J 125%
P, Z, B, E, G, H, K, L, M, Q, S, T, U, V, W, Y 100%

However, for flights as of October 1, 2017, KrisFlyer will award the following number of miles for United flights:

A, F 150%
C, D, J 125%
P, Z, B, E, H, M, U, Y 100%
Q, V, W 75%
L, S, T 50%
G, K 25%

This is a massive devaluation for some fare classes, so be aware before flying United and crediting your miles to KrisFlyer.
9V-SKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2017, 12:05 AM   #8
davidfusq
SQTalk Elite Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9V-SKU View Post
As noted by 'View from the Wing' United travelers no longer earn the same number of miles when crediting their flights to KrisFlyer. Previously, KrisFlyer has awarded the following number of miles for United flights:

A, F 150%
C, D, J 125%
P, Z, B, E, G, H, K, L, M, Q, S, T, U, V, W, Y 100%

However, for flights as of October 1, 2017, KrisFlyer will award the following number of miles for United flights:

A, F 150%
C, D, J 125%
P, Z, B, E, H, M, U, Y 100%
Q, V, W 75%
L, S, T 50%
G, K 25%

This is a massive devaluation for some fare classes, so be aware before flying United and crediting your miles to KrisFlyer.
Oh no... That's the end of cheap United economy fare with full 100% KF miles... You will be missed.
davidfusq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2017, 09:01 PM   #9
davidfusq
SQTalk Elite Gold

Could this reduction of miles earned for some economy class fares be related to Singapore Airlines partnering with Alaska Airlines for awarding KF miles on Alaska Airlines flight?

http://loyaltylobby.com/2017/09/27/s...tember-27-2017

Note that all fare classes on Alaska Airlines earn 100% miles.
davidfusq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd October 2017, 10:49 AM   #10
EWR
SQTalk PPS Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfusq View Post
Oh no... That's the end of cheap United economy fare with full 100% KF miles... You will be missed.
What is annoying is that SQ gave virtually no notice at all (okay, 2 days). Just a new chart on 29 Sep.

In fairness, it may well be that UA1/2 is cannibalizing on SQ's SFO non stop?