Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another RTW in F (almost?) but Westward this time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice celebration!

But what's this?

Comment

For breakfast, we had some delicious fruits

followed by our BTCs.
      Mine was Artichoke-tomato crusted loin of lamb in thyme sauce, French beans with bacon, and gratin potatoes

and CGK had Salmon gratine with feta and parmesan cheese in orange ginger sauce with vegetables and Mississippi rice
      Overall it was a great flight!

Comment

SQ68 SIN-BKK

We were scheduled to have a short connection to SQ68 from our SQ325. I have asked SQFlyerGirl to contact the ladies at SKL for buggy ride transfer. But when we were off from the plane, no one around. Well, it was very understandable. Our inbound flight arrived at Gate E8, and our outbound would depart from E3. In addition to that, we arrived earlier than scheduled. Thus, we had time to head to SKL F. DFP even had time for his shower.

SQ68 was great as usual. Found the new headsets in this plane.

Not so sure how many glasses of Krug were consumed. But here are for our dinner.

Appetiser: Tian of crabmeat with corn kernels and sundried tomato - Corn nage with olive oil and aged-balsamico

Main course: Pha naeng moo - Pork in peanut red curry sauce served with brinjal and dried shrimp salad, steamed rice

And, I decided to have a bit of the fresh fruits. Yeah, it's in plastic wrapped. But for me it's fine since it's safer hygiene-wise. Just could not bear the idea of some hands touching my mango and peeled orange.

Arrived at BKK on time. Unfortunately, the usual long line at immigration and was very slow. Yeah, I think we picked up a wrong line.
        The check-in bags were a bit late. And we had fun with the taxi ride.

Comment

TG 429 BKK - PEN

Since it's near the end of the year peak holiday, everyone had told me to leave early to the airport to avaoid any nightmares of traffic jam. But to my surprise, traffic was so smooth, and I arrived too early at the airport. The taxi driver dropped me at the TG international door, but in fact it's too far away from the F and C check-in area. Walked back towards the first door.

TG C check-in is unique in its own way. A check-in lounge. There are some sofa for waiting. My flight was scheduled to be delayed 30 minutes. At first the agent could not check me in. It was too early. But then it worked. And, yeah, I had to request for seating together with DFP since we were on different PNR.

Went straight to TG C Lounge. It was very crowded. Could not find two seats, but at the end after walking up and down the long corridor, I found one near the food counter. And after being alone for a pretty long time DFP showed up. As I recalled, I think he got stuck in traffic a bit.

I must say, TG C lounge is a let down. First time in this lounge. There was no wine nor champagne served. Ended up having campari orange and also sweet vermouth.

I also had my first experience departing from Gate C area. When taking SQ, I had gate D2 all the time. It's a bit of a walk. And, once we were on board, DFP realized he did not have his cell phone. The FA let him going out to check the security check area. But he came back empty handed. Later on during the flight, he thought that he might left it at the lounge, not the security area.

TG429 uses A300-600. So you guys know tht the seats are nothing to talk about.

The menu for this flight:

Bangkok - Penang

First Course
          Salmon Sze-chuan with Oriental Salad

Main Course
          Pan-fried Lamb with Tomato Basil Sauce
          Roasted Vegetables

or

Stir-fried Chicken with Gingko and Mushroom
          Yellow Noodles, Taiwanese Cannage in Oyster Sauce

or

Prawn Curry "Chu-chee", Steamed Thai Hom Mali Rice
          Stir-fried Vegetables

Assorted Breads, Crackers, Butter, Cheese

Dessert
          Apple Tart topped with Raisin
          Tea, Coffee
          Espresso, Cappuccino

Here are the pictures of the meals...

Arriving first time for me in Malaysia. And I did have fun. In my form for occupation, I ticked "housewife". The immigration officer just smiled looking at it. The bags came out pretty quick, and we took a taxi to go to Sheraton.
          Last edited by CGK; 17 January 2007, 12:52 PM.

Comment

SQ 195 PEN - SIN

Check-in at PEN was a swift. A small counter a bit hidden. Once passed the immigration, we went to the lounge.
            The pictures can be found in this link:

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthr...=7992#post7992

For someone, who is 90% of his flights are in F, he showed a disbelief that he was seating in an Ultimo Seat...

And a shocking moment when we entered the plane from door 2L. We needed to go left. And the purser was doing something at that wall. He did not move at all, even though the LS said something about pax needed to pass the alley. And even the blue kebaya girl made a joke about it by saying the word in Indonesian/Malay "lompat" which meant to say to DFP to just jump over the purser.
            Anyway, the service was un-SQ like. I mean I must say bad. Drinks not refilled often. And the meals were unedible. Hmm corn salad? And yeah my chicken masak merah at the lounge was much better than the one served on board.

DFP has fish something.

Well it was not a memorable flight, except for the fact that first time for me to fly with DFP in Bus**** Class cabin, and yeah, the worst meals and cabin service to start the new year of travel.

Comment

Nice report. Love all the pictures!

Originally posted by CGK View Post
              ... could not bear the idea of some hands touching my mango ...
              LMAO

In my form for occupation, I ticked "housewife" The immigration officer just smiled ...
              LMAO

And we had fun with the taxi ride.
              Is this a "dot dot dot" story or can you elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter11 View Post

Is this a "dot dot dot" story or can you elaborate?
                It's not a "dot dot dot" story. It's a taxi guy who turns on the meter and then wants two fares because we are two....
                Fought it to the end! LOL

Comment

No dot dot dot? Well, if it wasn't in the taxi then it must have been DOT, in the DOT with the DOT. Right? This is a trip report involving CGK right?

Comment

housewife..... omg...
                    There's only One way to fly.... SINGAPORE AIRLINES!
                    If SQ is too expensive, the other way to fly is Qatar Airways

Comment

Originally posted by LukeGT View Post
                      housewife..... omg...
                      Okay, the form has the list of occupation. None fits mine, except being a housewife or other. Well, it was an easy choice to make, right?
                      I am sure DFP remembered about this while filling the form on board. And I remember that I went through the immigration desk very quickly, while DFP took much longer with his answer.

Comment

Mrs. DFP = Housewife, puzzle solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Jetsetter View Post
                          If DFP were so lucky!

Note for clarification: There is nothing between us, except being travel buddies!

Comment

Originally posted by Jetsetter View Post
                            DFP is cheating on CGK with a housewife named Mrs.DFP?!?!?!?!?!?!

Comment

Wow very nice pics. Thanks, DFP and CGK!

Awesome to hear about the birthday 'surprise.'
                              And foie gras...yum!

*hunts for job which will pay for travel on SQ F*
                              Last edited by KeithMEL; 19 January 2007, 09:04 AM.
                              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                                DFP is cheating on CGK with a housewife named Mrs.DFP?!?!?!?!?!?!
                                LOL!
                                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                                X