GARUDA announces New Business Class seats on all its A-330

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Danny Bhoy View Post
    I think you mean the "lao chio" mystique.
    lol, I didn't think they'd be that old

Comment

GA's PK-GPJ flew on its first commercial flight to Denpasar yesterday. Nice shot of the aircraft here and the new livery looks stunning.

Comment

Some pictures of GA new J

Comment

Looks the same design as SA's doesn't it? Thanks for sharing!

And with Garuda about to be removed from the list of Banned EU carriers (along with Mandala, Airfast and another one i can't remember who) - looks like you'll soon be ditching SQ for your regular Europe Jaunts ya?

Comment

Nice pics. They definitely need to change the fabrics. How's the seat and the IFE?

Comment

Seat pitch was generous, and the seat itself is nice in seat mode. In bed mode, the seat cushion curvature is not ideal IMHO. There is a privacy screen between seats, which makes the window seats quite private.
              IFE has very limited selection IIRC. No Airshow, at least on my flight.

Overall, a vast upgrade over the old GA J!

Comment

Thanks for the nice photos. So, you managed to get on GPJ from DPS? Cool. I believe tomorrow (June 30th) will be the last day GPJ will run this route. Starting July 1, it will be used for CGK - PVG and CGK - ICN.

By the way, how do you compare this new J seats with SQ's new Regional Business Class seats? Can you confirm if these seats are 180 horizontal flat? What are those compartments at the bottom of the seats in front of you? Also, do you prefer the front cabin J or the back cabin J?

I am surprised that the new uniforms have not been ruled out yet. Did you ask when they would roll the new uniforms out?
                Last edited by UMD; 29 June 2009, 01:31 AM.

Comment

It is indeed 180 degree horizontal flat.
                  GA's feel more spacious as it obviously have more seat pitch.
                  However, seat cushioning is more comfortable on SQ A330 J.
                  Front cabin vs. back cabin is much a personal preference - for me it is the front cabin.
                  Sorry, didn't ask about the uniforms during the flight.

Comment

The pics are really very attractive and I am tempted to the try the new J.

How many A330s are equipped with the new J already?

One "minor complaint" is that GA decided not to mount the IFE monitor on the seat itself. BTW, is it AVOD?

Comment

Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
                      One "minor complaint" is that GA decided not to mount the IFE monitor on the seat itself. BTW, is it AVOD?
                      I think the plane was ordered by another airline and was never taken up. So, Garuda just took it the way it is.

Comment

The pics are really very attractive and I am tempted to the try the new J.

How many A330s are equipped with the new J already?

I read it somewhere that the system is indeed AVOD (StarG can confirm this) and the same product will be installed on all its A330 (6 current A330-300 + 4 new A330-200). The 2nd A330-200 PK-GPH is on its way soon from Toulouse.

I do prefer that IFE monitor to be installed on the back of the front seat. However, at 74" pitch, I guess the viewing distance might be a bit too far for this 11" size screen.
                        Last edited by UMD; 2 July 2009, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bon View Post
                          Nice pics. They definitely need to change the fabrics. How's the seat and the IFE?
                          What fabrics? The seat fabric has indeed been changed. The pattern is now different as well.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                            I do prefer that IFE monitor to be installed on the back of the front seat. However, at 74" pitch, I guess the viewing distance might be a bit too far for this 11" size screen.
                            Oh...the pitch is 74''?? That's more spacious than most of the Asian carriers' regional J seat.

Comment

Yes, IFE is AVOD.

Oh...the pitch is 74''?? That's more spacious than most of the Asian carriers' regional J seat.
                              SQ's current regional First is between 60"-64".
                              GA's new J is actually a long haul product used on mostly regional destinations. Hopefully they can make money from it.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                                CI's J is not a lie flat, is it? This is horizontal lie flat and similar to the SA and HU products.
                                Now that I've had a chance to look closer at the new pics posted under this thread, I can see that it is different than CI J which, when I last took it 9 months ago, was not a full lie-flat.

Incidentally, I'm not a fan of full lie-flat seats, in fact on the 772 formerly used on SQ 18/17, I used to summon the FS when I accidentally pressed the button that converts the C seat into lie-flat. Typically, they had to manually reset the seat by working the lever underneath it
                                Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Working...
                                X