Your favourite SQ Business Class seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favourite SQ Business Class seats

I am curious to know how other SQ Talkers rate the biz seats.

My own rankings:

For sitting:
    1. Regional Business Class. Much maligned in this forum but if you catch a morning flight out of Singapore (avoiding the red eye ), its very comfortable. More cushion IMHO

2. Spacebed. Best all purpose seat. I like being able to stretch in this seat. I like having armrests. I like fully electric seat.

3. New Business Class (A380/77W). More pitch, less width please SQ! Being not fully electric is a no-no. How would you feel if you bought an S500 Merc and got manual seat adjustment / no memory seats?

For sleeping:
    1. New Business Class

2. Spacebed. All it needs is fully lie flat, slightly wider (2-2-2 instead of 2-3-2?), more cushion, to be my favourite

3. Regional Business Class.

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
    I am curious to know how other SQ Talkers rate the biz seats.

My own rankings:

For sitting:
    1. Regional Business Class. Much maligned in this forum but if you catch a morning flight out of Singapore (avoiding the red eye ), its very comfortable. More cushion IMHO

2. Spacebed. Best all purpose seat. I like being able to stretch in this seat. I like having armrests. I like fully electric seat.

3. New Business Class (A380/77W). More pitch, less width please SQ! Being not fully electric is a no-no. How would you feel if you bought an S500 Merc and got manual seat adjustment / no memory seats?

For sleeping:
    1. New Business Class

2. Spacebed. All it needs is fully lie flat, slightly wider (2-2-2 instead of 2-3-2?), more cushion, to be my favourite

3. Regional Business Class.
    I'd agree with your rating for sleeping.

for sitting down - I'd put the New J ahead of the spacebed. It's not electric, as you say, but that's a blessing in my opinion. I much prefer it that way.

I'd like to suggest another category: - There's yet one more position which neither the spacebed nor regional J are capable of (comfortably) - yoga style. I very much enjoy deploying new J into a bed, and sitting up with a pillow against the footrest. You can still eat off the table. My favourite - as it's a very loungey position.

like so:

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      I'd like to suggest another category: - There's yet one more position which neither the spacebed nor regional J are capable of (comfortably) - yoga style. I very much enjoy deploying new J into a bed, and sitting up with a pillow against the footrest. You can still eat off the table. My favourite - as it's a very loungey position.
      I remember you saying that and tried it on my flights last month. Very comfy

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
        Thats very innovative
        zxcvbn

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post

Errr... could we have a picture of how the yoga style of sitting looks like... its friday and I am too lazy to imagine....
          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
            Errr... could we have a picture of how the yoga style of sitting looks like... its friday and I am too lazy to imagine....

Don't have a pic of that.....

Comment

YMMV of course, but for me the one position i dislike on the new J is the sitting against the footrest (of the seat behind me) even with a pillow.

Comment

Yoga position?

Is that the one that the woman in the "New Business Class seat " ad is sitting in?
                Legs to the side.

That's "Tai Tai" positon lah! Have you seen a guy sit like that?!

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                  I agree too!!! I turn the seat into a bed about 1 hour into the flight and leave it that way for the rest of the flight until landing.

Comment

Agree. The new J seats especially the ones on A380 are unbeatable. I love how spacious they are and how private they can feel. Spacebeds feel like a downgrade now since they are much narrower.

Comment

Originally posted by UMD View Post
                      The new J seats especially the ones on A380 are unbeatable.
                      UMD, I haven't yet flown on the A380, but I'm curious why you think they're better than on the 77W? Is the narrower width of the A380 upper deck (compared to the 77W) compensated for by the additional pitch?

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                        UMD, I haven't yet flown on the A380, but I'm curious why you think they're better than on the 77W? Is the narrower width of the A380 upper deck (compared to the 77W) compensated for by the additional pitch?
                        Wider seats and longer pitch on the A380 unless you are seated on 11A/K and 12A/K. To me these differences make a lot of difference in comfort. The upper deck of A380 also feels wider than the 77W which feels really cramped with these big seats (I believe this is actually true at floor width but not at shoulder width due to the curvature of the wall on the A380). I confirmed this perception again 3 weeks ago when I was on SQ 233 back to SYD.

Also, the tables on the A380 are not at the angle like the ones on 77W. One can actually dine and look straight at the screen on the A380.

Comment

380 J is better than 77W. I'll happily take any seat on the 380 (except 11A/K) whereas on the 77W it's only 11AK or 14AK for me

Comment

Only been on SQ in J once (as yet!) On the 77W.... nabbed 11A after reading threads here and on FT...

...interesting that others describe the opportunity for "lounging" in the seat.. as that is exactly what I described as it's best feature to someone asking about SQ, NZ and AC flat beds... Seems I'm not the only one to pick that "capability" out as special....

Comment

I've tried the new Business Class seat on all of 9V-SWA through 9V-SWN and I've tried the SpaceBeds on every SQ aircraft equipped with them. I prefer the new Business Class seats for both sleeping and sitting, though I don't like having to stand to convert to a bed. However, I've learned to convert to a bed and sit against the footwell long before I might doze off.

Comment

Working...
                              X