Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TG are going to be great fun for the forseeable...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by feizhu View Post
    I flew SIN-BKK-OSL return sometime back on TG and was a little disappointed overall; IFE was spotty and crew went missing for large chunks during the flight. There was quite a long wait for the crew to respond when I pressed the call button as well.
    Use to be a regular with TG on the SIN-BKK-OSL run and I have to say your experience is not a one-off event. In fact, it happens over 90% of the time (especially on the BKK-OSL/OSL-BKK sectors). Understand that they have a pretty crappy layover in OSL (around 24 hours if I remember correctly)... That might be a contributing factor....
    God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

It's not getting any better...

The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) has downgraded Thailand's aviation standards, "red flagging" the country for failing to address safety concerns.

In March, the ICAO issued an alert on Thailand's aviation body after a safety audit revealed that it failed to adequately oversee its airlines.

The move led to a ban on new flights to China, Japan and South Korea.

Thai officials had then submitted plans to deal with the concerns in March.

But, the ICAO "red flagged" the country's body on Thursday for failing to solve the issues within 90 days.

Thailand's aviation sector joins 12 other developing countries, including Nepal and Sierra Leone, that have been downgraded to Category 2 from Category 1 by the organisation for its safety standards.

An audit in January by the United Nations body had found that Thailand's aviation authority had a shortage of technical officers and issues with certifying the transportation of hazardous goods.

The warning meant the country's airlines had to cancel flights and refund or alter thousands of air tickets.

The country's flag carrier, Thai Airways, said in a statement that it followed the "highest safety standards" in all operational areas, despite the red flag from the international regulator.
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-33181534

Bolding is mine, and the list of who they join in being 'Red Flagged' makes for scary reading...

http://www.icao.int/safety/Pages/USOAP-Results.aspx

Thank God they have elected such a clever and amazing Prime Minister Prayuth to sort this out, as fortunately he is dead good at everything....

Comment

It was only a few months ago that they announced both LHR and FRA were losing their second daily flights, so it's time to totally reverse that and reinstate both:

THAI around Monday or Tuesday (06/07JUL15) gradually updated planned winter 2015/16 operation, effective 25OCT15. The first schedule update for Europe sees the restoration of 2nd daily Bangkok – Frankfurt and Bangkok – London Heathrow route, on board Boeing 777-300ER. Planned schedule as follow.

Bangkok – Frankfurt
        TG922 BKK1250 – 1905FRA 77W x3
        TG920 BKK2340 – 0530+1FRA 380 D

TG921 FRA1410 – 0620+1BKK 380 D
        TG923 FRA2055 – 1335+1BKK 77W x3

Bangkok – London Heathrow
        TG910 BKK0015 – 0620LHR 380 D
        TG916 BKK1320 – 1935LHR 77W D

TG911 LHR1150 – 0610+1BKK 380 D
        TG917 LHR2135 – 1600+1BKK 77W D
        http://airlineroute.net/2015/07/07/tg-lhrfra-w15/

Comment

But to be fair, they've followed up on finally putting the A380 to LHR.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
            But to be fair, they've followed up on finally putting the A380 to LHR.
            Yeah, but for how long?.

I suppose it's better late than never, after all they only said it would start flying to LHR in 2012.

Comment

LAX has finally been canned. While it was always going to be I wonder if the rumour TG were at risk of being banned from the US sped the process up.

Rome is being cancelled from start of Northern Winter as well

THAI in winter 2015/16 season is ending 2 long-haul operations, as the airline closes reservation for flights to Los Angeles and Rome, for travel on/after 25OCT15. Currently THAI operates 4 weekly Bangkok – Seoul Incheon – Los Angeles route with 777-200ER in Summer, -300ER in winter, and 4 weekly Bangkok – Rome route with Boeing 747-400.

Previously planned schedule on/after 25OCT15 as follow.

Bangkok – Seoul Incheon – Los Angeles
              TG692 BKK1340 – 2105ICN2220 – 1755LAX 77W x135
              TG693 LAX2350 – 0615+2ICN0745+2 – 1130+2BKK 77W x135

Based on current schedule and inventory listing, this would mark the end of THAI’s operation to the US.

Bangkok – Rome
              TG944 BKK0001 – 0555FCO 744 x246
              TG945 FCO1330 – 0605+1BKK 744 x246
              http://airlineroute.net/2015/07/22/tg-laxfco-w15cxld/

Comment

I would have to find another airline to get to the US after 25th October
                This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                  I would have to find another airline to get to the US after 25th October
                  Hopefully one with proper J seats.

Comment

Thai really must do something with their IFE system.

Four sectors in the last couple of days in J and three of them had issued. The fourth, I was resting the 5hrs to Busan so no idea. Anyway, newer system/control on 777ER needed rebooting, older system/control on A333 needed rebooting and it would pause itself every half our or so (but after the second time realised a quick tap on the screen with my foot would do the job).

It's a pity because the service on all sectors was really good.

Comment

Another TG change of heart:

THAI has reversed it plans to cancel Bangkok – Rome service, as the Star Alliance member re-opened reservations for flights on/after 01FEB16. From 01FEB16, service will operate 4 times a week, with Boeing 777-200ER.

TG944 BKK0001 – 0555FCO 777 x246
                      TG945 FCO1330 – 0605+1BKK 777 x246
                      http://airlineroute.net/2015/12/21/tg-fco-feb16/

Comment

Working...
                      X