Waitlist Logic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waitlist Logic

I did a J saver booking for PER-SIN-NRT both with legs waitlisted, as it was coming upto 14 days prior to flight the second leg has cleared. I then checked J saver availablity online for PER-SIN leg on the same flight & I can book upto 6 J savers yet they did not clear my waitlist, is there any reason for that?

Something similar happened to me, called them up and it was approved immediately

(there is no logic)

Comment

Wonder if it is a manual process that someone actually needs to go thru to assign or approve. I say this because every time I'm waitlisted and I call the PPS line to try to move things along, they tell me that they will send a chaser. Thinking that there's a team of 2 person sitting in the dungeons of Airline House whose sole job is to approve waitlists for KF members.

Comment

Why bother to Wait List?

Originally posted by Sethor View Post
        I did a J saver booking for PER-SIN-NRT both with legs waitlisted, as it was coming upto 14 days prior to flight the second leg has cleared. I then checked J saver availablity online for PER-SIN leg on the same flight & I can book upto 6 J savers yet they did not clear my waitlist, is there any reason for that?

This week alone, I had 3 J Saver bookings waitlisted that did not show any availability … but when I tried online, was able to book J Saver seats.

2 bookings were for JFK-SIN seats that cleared within a few days of departure which was today for my wife and daughter.

The other booking was a SIN-DPS in May that I had waitlisted since January, never got availability for past 3 months … yet I was able to book a J Saver seat online today.

What is the logic and point of wait listing when it seems to have no priority and one can just try their luck to book online randomly.

Comment

Essentially, nothing seems to be connected in SQ.

What logic is there when Saver tickets are available but Standard is not. What logic is there when paid tickets are not available but reward saver ticket is. What logic is there when there is a website that just stares at you prettily but is barely functional?

Yet I have experienced all these and more.

Welcome to the world of Singapore Airlines.

Comment

Originally posted by KC* View Post

What logic is there when Saver tickets are available but Standard is not. What logic is there when paid tickets are not available but reward saver ticket is.
            Oh yes, I've definately seen these scenarios so its not just only you KC

Comment

Working...
            X