THAI Airbus A380 will come to SIN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
    What I mean is about same distance as sin-bkk. If you read back ycp81 message.
    Bkk-hkg is longer than bkk-sin
    visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
      Ive read it and still dont understand you
      The dude is saying that BKK-HKG is similar flight time to BKK-SG. I don't know if that's true, but that's the comparison he / she is making.

Comment

Originally posted by ozdude View Post
        The dude is saying that BKK-HKG is similar flight time to BKK-SG. I don't know if that's true, but that's the comparison he / she is making.
        many people has that perception, but like i said BKK-HKG > BKK-SIN

Flying time BKK-HKG is about 2.5 hours and BKK-SIN is about 2 hours.

Distancewise BKK-HKG is 1,098 and BKK-SIN is 878, at least this is what my CX statement says
        visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
          many people has that perception, but like i said BKK-HKG > BKK-SIN

Flying time BKK-HKG is about 2.5 hours and BKK-SIN is about 2 hours.

Distancewise BKK-HKG is 1,098 and BKK-SIN is 878, at least this is what my CX statement says
          Yup, that's right.

Some will forget that flying SIN-BKK-HKG is actually flying NW then NE again, so the BKK-HKG sector is not as simple as 1600-900=800 miles.

Comment

Well, I hope to fly this aircraft in TG livery to and from HKG when it happens.

Hope I won't run the risk of getting TG'd (or GT'd for that matter )
            Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

Originally posted by eriond View Post
              is not as simple as 1600-900=800 miles.
              I should hope not!

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                I should hope not!
                My bad, thanks for pointing it out... 700 miles it is then.

Comment

Inaugural moving up to Oct 6

Once again I got TGed... thanks for screwing me over! I guess no A380 inaugural flight for me...

http://airlineroute.net/2012/08/24/tg-380-oct12/

Comment

Same here, and this time I can't rearrange my birthday celebrations

but I can celebrate it twice

Comment

Originally posted by Carfield View Post
                      Once again I got TGed... thanks for screwing me over! I guess no A380 inaugural flight for me...
                      Yes, it's very disappointing, although I suppose not entirely unexpected given that it is Thai.

When this thread was started back in April I quickly booked myself and the Mrs on TG600 to HKG and back on TG601, both on 28th October. At the time I made sure that the tickets were fully flexible/refundable, because you never know with Thai.

I held off booking flights to Thailand and hotels as long as I could. (Would you believe I finalised my arrangements just 3 days ago!). All this time there has been an eerie silence from TG themselves. I guess they knew all along that the dates would be switched.

Too many things to rearrange now, and too many deposits to lose if I were to switch to 6th October. In any case, they don't appear to have released any premium seats on that date. Maybe they will release a few once all the TIPs have been seated. I would say it's too late now to arrange something useful like the SQ auction, so it looks like paying customers are coming second again on TG.

This was going to be our first time on a 380, our first time travelling in F (even if only short haul), our first inaugural, and, hope of all hopes, possibly our first chance to meet some of the good members of this board. Of course we were looking forward to it, but c'est la vie.

TG - Totally Great (said with sarcasm - just in case there was any doubt!).

Comment

I like the new dates.

Comment

I notice that TG409/410 have been retimed during the time A380 is used

TG409 from 16:25-19:40 to 17:05-20:20
                          TG 410 from 20:50-22:10 to 22:00-23:20

This means some people may "miss" their connecting flight to Europe, Korea/Japan
                          visit my blog

Comment

Just managed to get an F award for 2 on LH and LX for next week...SIN-FRA-BCN-ZRH-BKK. Was trying my luck for J or F on SQ, but no availability via LH M&M this time round to anywhere for the dates I could do. Companion award saved some miles though, so more than happy.

Now I just need a one-way ticket from BKK to SIN...the TG 388 flight fits perfectly timing wise and in J is rather reasonable (compared to SQ's fares on the tired 772s). However, is there any way to get F?
                            Last edited by Desert Traveller; 25 September 2012, 08:58 AM. Reason: spelling...
                            /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                              Just managed to get an F award for 2 on LH and LX for next week...SIN-FRA-BCN-ZRH-BKK. Was trying my luck for J or F on SQ, but no availability via LH M&M this time round to anywhere for the dates I could do. Companion award saved some miles though, so more than happy.

Now I just need a one-way ticket from BKK to SIN...the TG 388 flight fits perfectly timing wise and in J is rather reasonable (compared to SQ's fares on the tired 772s). However, is there any way to get F?
                              BKK-HKG is offering First. BKK-SIN, the cabin remains closed. Same when they fly the 340-600 to SIN.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                                BKK-HKG is offering First. BKK-SIN, the cabin remains closed. Same when they fly the 340-600 to SIN.
                                The situation when they fly the 380 BKK-SIN will be different to when they fly the 346.

On the 346 they will sell up to 68J seats, even though there are only 60, with the spillover going to F if needed. On the 380 they'll sell only 60, and not include the 12 F seats.

So on the 346 it's closed until they need it. On the 380 it's closed, period.

Comment

Working...
                                X