United HKG-SIN-HKG to go 737

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
    If it will do SIN>>>HKG>>>SGN>>>HKG>>>SIN then the HKG-SGN will not be the connection of the US inbound flight in HKG then
    My assumption is based on the assumption if they have only one frame based in HKG. To satisfy both the SIN and SGn legs they might have to wetleaae another 737

Comment

Originally posted by SINFJ View Post
      My assumption is based on the assumption if they have only one frame based in HKG. To satisfy both the SIN and SGn legs they might have to wetleaae another 737
      Yeah, this swap doesn't make sense to me rotational wise. If they have 1 bird here to satisfy both legs, then it won't make sense for transfers if there is no changes to flight timings from North America. With 2 birds, it would make it low usage of these 2 birds (and I remember reading somewhere that HKG has high parking costs or at least overnight costs?). Unless they have future plans for flying more regionals with these 2 birds.

Comment

Expectations.... Expectations....

The same situation exists between SQ/MH last time but you don't see MH bleeding to death?
        I don't quite get your comment, but then that's fine as it does not add much anyways. If in the future you are willing to pay UA your good money for mediocre service (standard) AND a crappy seat (new) then be my guest. If people didn't have certain sets of expectations then there would be no need to differentiate products & services.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
          I don't quite get your comment, but then that's fine as it does not add much anyways. If in the future you are willing to pay UA your good money for mediocre service (standard) AND a crappy seat (new) then be my guest. If people didn't have certain sets of expectations then there would be no need to differentiate products & services.
          So I take it that you will give this flight a miss if your business partner tells you that he needs you in Hong Kong from SIN by 10am. You would argue for 11 or noon, telling him that how so uncomfortable the UA seat is.

I digressed

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
            If I am not wrong CO 737(-800) has a premier economy seat. Won't it better?
            The seat you get may be decent, but the service is absolutely terrible.

Comment

I think the 737 is just for HKG-SIN-HKG and HKG-SGN-HKG. The 747s will do the transpacific sector.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                Wait, the flight continues across the pacific right? How can a 737 do that?
                The narrow body 737 will be based in HKG to serve their SEA regional connection....
                AC-SE (2007-Now), SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond

Comment

Originally posted by sealalula View Post
                  I think the 737 is just for HKG-SIN-HKG and HKG-SGN-HKG. The 747s will do the transpacific sector.
                  Yes!!!

Comment

Honestly, UA/CO ...crummy product anyway... change to prop plane for all I care... US management teams in that airline seriously needs their heads examined ! Can't they understand that asians prefer travelling on wide bodied aircraft from a 'supposedly' full service airline. Doesn't matter if one has to 'change' ... from 747 to 737 in HKG? Change it to a narrow bodied fleet and see your customer base divert to the likes of SQ and CX for good!

Comment

Originally posted by sealalula View Post
                      Which is why the title of this thread refers to HKG-SIN, vv, as opposed to Transpac/USA-HKG-SIN, vv...

Comment

Somehow everyone forgot that the 737 would operate NRT - HKG v.v. too haha!

I believe that there are at least two frames.
                        But I don't want to speculate on how the frames would go about intra-Asia...

Comment

So I take it that you will give this flight a miss if your business partner tells you that he needs you in Hong Kong from SIN by 10am. You would argue for 11 or noon, telling him that how so uncomfortable the UA seat is.

I digressed
                          When did the timing of the flight come into the picture? I thought we discussed the merits of hard product mostly? well maybe I'm turning slowly senile . If one needs to be in HKG before lunch time then sure whatever gets you there goes, UA or another carrier. However, without such pressures I would rather be on SQ or CX.

Comment

Originally posted by Fryderyk HPH View Post
                            Somehow everyone forgot that the 737 would operate NRT - HKG v.v. too haha!

I believe that there are at least two frames.
                            But I don't want to speculate on how the frames would go about intra-Asia...
                            Is that so? I thought the 737s were mostly for the HKG tag on flights to SIN & SGN. I would be surprised if they base a 737 at NRT to fly the tag on for the 777. I mean with the right 737 version the operational range is fine, but filling a 777 from NRT to SIN in general (ignoring current circumstances due to earthquake) should be easier than a 747 from HKG.

Comment

Yes, there will be a HKG-NRT flight operated by a 737.

Comment

Nothing wrong with using such a plane.Most of us don't know this but before CX Had the Tristar and SQ had the DC10 AND 747 AND A300 on the SIN-HKG-SIN services these were all narrow bodied 707 services so what is the problem with CO/UA going down to a 737.In Europe for such flights with a few exceptions they use little airbuses or 737's and much the same in Australia too Don't quite get the fascination that the Asian's need or want with a twin aisle plane.

Comment

Working...
                                X