Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chance of Confirmation?

Hi all,

I've had the following flights booked since 26 Dec and have been calling SQ every few days request a chaser. What do you think the chance will be that the flights will confirm and what is the average notice? One week before the flight to at least prepare and confirm time of again with work?

SQ232 - SYD-SIN - Thu, 19 Jun 2014 - Confirmed
    SQ392 - SIN-IST - Sat, 21 Jun 2014 - Waitlisted
    SQ391 - IST-SIN - Mon, 01 Sep 2014 - Confirmed
    SQ211 - SIN-SYD - Wed, 03 Sep 2014 - Waitlisted

What cabin? J? Y? Saver award or Standard? Any KF status?

Had a quick look purely from a seat availability (not award seats, revenue seats):

- Eco looks very full except for 3 seats for sale in full fare Y so chances of an award being released are not great, but never say never
    - Business looks okay seat availability (Z/6 C/6 J/2 D/0) though lowest Biz fare bucket is zeroed out

As an alternative (if you can) look at Sun, 22/06 which has much better availabilty in both Eco and Biz and may still offer an award seat via KF

SQ211 - SIN-SYD - Wed, 03 Sep 2014 - Waitlisted
    - Eco looks okay with and has good availability, just that lower Eco booking classes seem zeroed out already
    - Business looks okay and has good seat availaility

Does it have to be this flight? There are 4 flights a day to SYD and two are A388s so if you want a confirmed seat maybe be a bit flexible and check if one of those will confirm. Sep is still out a fair bit so the flight can clear, but no one can predict. YMMV

Comment

They are all J Saver and no KF status ;(

I asked re SQ392 on 22/06 but they have advised that the waitlist is closed so I can even try.

Re SIN-SYD, I asked about changing the flight but they said not possible as the the flights that are somehow tied to the IST-SIN leg are waitlisted even though if I do a search I can see avaliabe J Savers but they won't allow me to change to them.

I guess I just need to wait it out.

Comment

I am waitlisted for SQ207 on sin-mel 10jul. Have called up & was told the seat manager generally will have the flight overbooked. so chances are like no chance.

Any help?

Comment

Originally posted by slepland View Post
          I am waitlisted for SQ207 on sin-mel 10jul. Have called up & was told the seat manager generally will have the flight overbooked. so chances are like no chance.

Any help?
          The fact that you can still waitlist on redemption shows that there are still a good number of open seats. July 10 is still a month and a half off. Depending on your KF status, waitlists tend to be filled around 10 days before the flight. Just need to be patient.

Comment

Any help?
            Spotting an empty seat on a daytime flight SIN-MEL is something I haven't been able to do for a long time. I flew SQ207 on about that date last year after it had only been flying for a week or so and it was packed solid. I'm flying it on 12JUL and I won't be expecting an empty seat next to me!

I don't know if it will help or if it's even possible for you, but maybe SQ237? I've never flown it, but often when I've made bookings, if I were prepared to wait around for it, the ticket price has been cheaper than with the other 3 flights.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
              Spotting an empty seat on a daytime flight SIN-MEL is something I haven't been able to do for a long time. I flew SQ207 on about that date last year after it had only been flying for a week or so and it was packed solid. I'm flying it on 12JUL and I won't be expecting an empty seat next to me!

I don't know if it will help or if it's even possible for you, but maybe SQ237? I've never flown it, but often when I've made bookings, if I were prepared to wait around for it, the ticket price has been cheaper than with the other 3 flights.
              Looks worse now. Standard awards now on wait list

Comment

Looks worse now. Standard awards now on wait list
                The website and inventory management are both mind-boggling illogical at times. Standard awards being waitlisted mean no indication that saver will not be released later on. So far I never had any of my waitlists uncleared, unless the flight is full on revenue tickets. A better indication is how full the flight actually is.

And yes, I have seen saver awards available and standard awards not available on that crazy website.

Comment

Flights to/from MEL on many days in July are completely full in Y- all four flights, website shows zero availability for almost a week at one point. No doubt this is why MEL has too much capacity and needs to lose the A380...

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post

- Business looks okay seat availability (Z/6 C/6 J/2 D/0) though lowest Biz fare bucket is zeroed out

Checking the SQ website it shows only a few J seats left so I'm guessing my chances of a J Saver with no status is zero :-(

Comment

I am trying to utilize my miles for an upcoming trip in end June 2014 to Tokyo. Will be traveling with a travel companion using my miles and both of us have no status with KF. What are our chances of getting the seat secured as it is still currently on waitlist, in particular for the return sector from Tokyo to Singapore. Thanks.

Sector 1
                      SQ638 SIN-NRT (26 Jun 2014): F Saver Waitlisted
                      Current Inventory Status: F7 P7 A2

Sector 2
                      SQ633 HND-SIN (29 Jun 2014): J Saver Waitlisted & J Standard Waitlisted
                      Current Inventory Status: Z9 C3 J4 D0

Comment

Working...
                      X