Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000! LPP Status At Last!

HUGE AL’s thoughts and lessons since joining this great community:
    • You will meet some of the kindest people in the world on this Board. Many who will go on to be friends for a lifetime.
    • That said, there are also a lot of tools on here that enjoy flaming people and/or talking about how many posts they have on TOF and/or how they are experts on the premium cabins, only for you to see them later just posting about whY – which basically means they are simply KJs.
    • There are also CRAZY people on here.
    • You think you know quite a bit about flying…until you read this Board. And even then, you’ll always still be learning.
    • KeithMEL’s true love is not a person, but the W brand.
    • Inaugural threads are filled with tons of great information.
    • F is F. It is better than C, which is better than whY.
    • Kyo didn’t know how to get from SIN to VIE. He has since evolved into Kyo+ and is contemplating entering competitive eating competitions.
    • If you can’t name your “source” of a rumor, it’s not a rumor, just crap.
    • If your friend’s face is blowing up like Hitch, get him to the emergency room as quickly as possible.
    • Before your first post, take some time to read as much as possible. Chances are, your question has been asked and answered – sometimes many times over.
    • Be specific in the titles of your threads, as well as the pertinent information regarding any questions you might have. It will help the thought leadership in helping you.
    • When addressing people’s questions, sometimes it’s perplexing to guess their gender based on their username.
    • There is a reason for Stickies. Read them! Especially the one on how to search since vBulletin’s feature is incredibly weak.
    • Utilizing said Google search, look far and wide for an already existing thread to tack your question onto as it will help others in the future by having all the info in one place. If, after a long search, you still come up empty handed, feel free to start a new thread.
    • The DSLR Thread is humorously full of false assumptions.
    • Kyo+ likes to use bad English in the form of the word, “Ain’t.”
    • Stock up on BKK Fast Track Cards – you never know when you’ll need them.
    • The online world is still the unknown frontier fraught with perils abound (as well as corresponding characters).
    • Don’t get too caught up in the game of miles and points. It’s time consuming and in the end, you won’t be living life as much as you should.
    HUGE AL

Woo! Can I be the first to congratulate you, HUGE!

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
      Woo! Can I be the first to congratulate you, HUGE!
      Sorry, we are now opening that up for bidding. Currency will be in The Official SQT Currency: bottles of Krug.
      HUGE AL

Comment

Congrats, HUGE AL.

Quite a re-entry into SQT too.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Oh, BRAVO!

I'm happy to get two mentions. Even if the above 're-entry' post doesn't have any mention about the most important lesson of all: "When in doubt, drink Krug"

Welcome back, Mr HUGE!

(Matrix Mr Smith voice) We've missed you...

Also, no lessons learnt about SQ and TPR?

Comment

Excellent 2,000th post, HUGE AL, and congratulations on your new SQT status!

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
            [*]Don’t get too caught up in the game of miles and points. It’s time consuming and in the end, you won’t be living life as much as you should.
            Very true.

Comment

Words to live by Cheers o Huge one*! Congratulations on 2000 posts of wit, humour and information - I most certainly found them helpful.

*even if i didn't get a mention

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                Wait til your 4,500th then...

Or better yet, 5,000th...

*have a hug*

Comment

Congratulations on 2,000 buddy

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                    Quite a re-entry into SQT too.
                    There really hasn't been a "re-entry" -- rather, I've been sitting...waiting for something relevant to comment on for 1999. Thankful, one of the old timers (KEITHMEL) came up with something...and with models indirectly, somehow, kinda sort of (Kingfisher) to boot!

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    Welcome back, Mr HUGE!

(Matrix Mr Smith voice) We've missed you...

Also, no lessons learnt about SQ and TPR?
                    I never left.

SQ & TPR, not really...

OH, but you know your nickname that I've given you! That in itself is enough.

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                    Congratulations on 2,000 buddy
                    Danke, my good friend!
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                      There really hasn't been a "re-entry" -- rather, I've been sitting...waiting for something relevant to comment on for 1999.
                      The metaphor I had in mind was a satellite orbiting, observing, before taking the plunge back into the atmosphere where combustion is a possibility. Hence, 're-entry'.
                      Last edited by jjpb3; 25 February 2010, 04:27 AM.
                      ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Congratulations for reaching the 2000 milestone.

Comment

Nice post fella, with some great points and observations.

Ah don't worry, I've also met him and I didn't get one either. Actually, I probably did....

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                            The metaphor I had in mind was a satellite orbiting, observing, before taking the plunge back into the atmosphere where combustion is a possibility. Hence, 're-entry'.
                            hahahaha Very well put, my friend.

And it's nice to see that this funny has gotten the old timers out of the woodwork. Aside from Kyo+...but he's OK.

We'll meet up in Europe this year.

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                            Congratulations for reaching the 2000 milestone.
                            Thank you, Lobster. We should also plan to meet up one of these days.

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                            Nice post fella, with some great points and observations.

Ah don't worry, I've also met him and I didn't get one either. Actually, I probably did....
                            You two were covered in point number one!

And you know, anything that is BKK = MAN Flyer.
                            HUGE AL

Comment

Congrats on the milestone, and welcome back!

I can assure you that my true love for at least 15 months has indeed been a living and breathing human being, who thankfully also loves the W brand as much as I do.
                              All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                              X