Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accommodations at Sapporo

Hi all,

Any advice on accommodations at Sapporo? Looking to experience tatami or private onsen in a room.

Preferably both if possible.

Thanks.

I've stayed at Best Western Hotel Fino Sapporo and it was one of the best hotel I've had in Hokkaido. It's located very near the JR Station (3 min walk). But if you want to experience the onsens, I would recommend that you drive up to Jozankei (~1hr drive).
    We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

Originally posted by nykelaz View Post
      I've stayed at Best Western Hotel Fino Sapporo and it was one of the best hotel I've had in Hokkaido. It's located very near the JR Station (3 min walk). But if you want to experience the onsens, I would recommend that you drive up to Jozankei (~1hr drive).
      Similar advice to above. Does it have to be "in" Sapporo? There are a few nice places around Sapporo that are not super far. Jozankei is definitely the closest place with lots of options.

Now Private Onsen in room can be found, but it is not something that is commonly available in every hotel or ryokan. Some have it for their premium, high category rooms so I hope you are flexible not just location, but also cost wise .

Two hotels near Sapporo I can recommend are these:

- http://www.mizunouta.com/en/
      - http://www.morino-uta.com/en/

Now both have rooms with private onsen, but beware that Tsuruga group in general is at the upper (luxury) end of hotels and ryokans in Hokkaido. Though the prices you will find are nothing outrageous when it comes to this kind of accommodation in Japan (not saying it is cheap though ).

The Mizunouta resort has a free shuttle bus from Chitose Airport for example.

Otherwise, if common onsen is fine your range of available options and lower prices increases a lot.

Comment

Thanks for the advice and recommendations. Unfortunately I'm not so flexible when it comes to the location but am flexible with costs.

So will explore the 2 options given by demue.

Otherwise, I'm planning to stay at a normal hotel such as the Mitsui Garden Hotel.

Comment

Mitsui Garden's location is not bad. Alternatively you can consider Hotel Gracery Sapporo which is just across the street from Mitsui. The staff were very friendly and helpful when I last stayed there. Also, it is connected to the JR station via an underground shopping mall.
          We put labels on people and fight wars over them. If we truly want harmony, we have to get past the labels.

Comment

If you're considering hotels like Gracery, I can recommend ANA hotel Sapporo

Comment

thanks to nykelaz and kyo.

Will give Gracery a look through on tripadvisor and it sounds better to be able to connect to JR station directly. more convenient.

kyo: am also considering ana hotel after one of my friends swore by their service and strongly urged me to give it a try. quick question though: does the ana hotel namesake do anything for my AMC membership? i'm sorry, 职业病 haha

Comment

RCTP, probably, maybe, don't know! I guess it might mean a few miles into your AMC.

Ask them?

Comment

Working...
                X