Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Capt. Budi Soehardi nominated for CNN Hero of the Year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capt. Budi Soehardi nominated for CNN Hero of the Year!

I just voted for him. It is something about his work with the children and him being a pilot for our beloved SQ.

Voting (click link below) ends on Nov. 19th. Let's see if he can be the CNN's Hero of the Year for 2009.

http://edition.cnn.com/SPECIALS/cnn.heroes/index.html

There are some great heroes there too - let's not forget!

Comment

When I click to Vote, in Chrome and Firefox, nothing happens - times out on a blank page..

Comment

[QUOTE=SQflyergirl;109028]There are some great heroes there too - let's not forget! [/QUOTE

But none of them flies with SQ.

Well, seriously I do hope he can get this US$ 100,000 awards so he can continue to feed and to provide bright future the 47 orphans in his orphanage. This is more urgent now that SQ is not planning to renew his contract when it expires on Nov. 11.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          When I click to Vote, in Chrome and Firefox, nothing happens - times out on a blank page..
          Worked for me. Firefox on Vista.

Comment

Good news when I woke up this morning...

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore...ro-flies-again

Comment

Well done SQ

People like him can be great ambassadors for the company - and end up being worth far more than the salary paid to them.

Comment

You beat me to it 9V-SIA !

Congratulations to Captain Soehardi and his family.

Comment

This is indeed a good news.

Comment

They still left him scrambling for quite a while before coming through (he was halfway moving house when he found out, for goodness' sake). Very happy for the Capt. Hope to fly with him one day - anyone knows what routes he would fly (I guess SIN-CGK is a regular one for him?)

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      They still left him scrambling for quite a while before coming through (he was halfway moving house when he found out, for goodness' sake). Very happy for the Capt. Hope to fly with him one day - anyone knows what routes he would fly (I guess SIN-CGK is a regular one for him?)
                      He's a A345 pilot.

The good news I read from the Today article is..

" based on our latest operating plan, we're pleased to be able to offer extensions to some of our captains".
                      Are daily non stops to EWR / LAX making a comeback then?

Comment

Working...
                      X