S$1917 for taxes/surcharges ?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S$1917 for taxes/surcharges ?!?

I am trying to make a Business Saver SIN-SFO return redemption in Jan 09, and the taxes/fees/surcharges are S$1917.
    There is no breakdown of the individual components of these fees.
    I then tried to do a dummy booking in Economy Saver - same charges ?
    Is this the usual cost of a SIN-SFO redemption ? I haven't done one before and am frankly shocked it's so much.
    J. my own dear wife J.

Well, if I buy a ticket, the surcharges total only S$467, so to redeem one costs an extra 1917-567=S$1450.
    What's going on here ? (I must be a real noob if it has always been this way and I never knew.........)
    J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Seems like it is SQ website being unstable.
      Suggest you close down your browser and restart the booking in a new window.
      It too came up with some crazy tax & surcharges numbers once or twice recently for me.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
        It too came up with some crazy tax & surcharges numbers once or twice recently for me.
        Ok, just tried that and it's still $1917.
        But feel more relieved now that you think it's a glitch.
        Thanks StarG !
        J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
          Originally posted by upright man View Post
          Ok, just tried that and it's still $1917.
          But feel more relieved now that you think it's a glitch.
          Thanks StarG !
          Last year, have similar experience... for SUB-SIN-SUB online award ticket, tax/surcharge went crazy... more expensive than buying the ticket... tried on the next day... it came to normal, around $60-70 per ticket IIRC.
          For my SIN-SFO-PHL-SJU-ORD-NRT-SIN award ticket with stop over at SJU and NRT, they charged me around Sin$700++ (haven't calculate the exact number, because changed the route twice, so there were additional tax/surcharge, but roughly around $700++)
          So, it must be a system glitch...

Comment

I called SQ this morning, and the staff confirmed that their computer system is having glitches.
            So he did it for me manually, with the online 15% discount.

Hmmm, wonder if the tax/surcharges ever err on the low side, and if someone books it, will they honor the lower price ?
            J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

SGD1917?? That's crazy! Only paid 500 for SINLAX//SFOSIN last month for travel next month..

Comment

Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
                SGD1917?? That's crazy! Only paid 500 for SINLAX//SFOSIN last month for travel next month..
                Forgot to state in my previous post : the SQ staff did the redemption for me manually, costs 102000 miles, and taxes/surcharges of only S$417.
                J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Originally posted by upright man View Post
                  Forgot to state in my previous post : the SQ staff did the redemption for me manually, costs 102000 miles, and taxes/surcharges of only S$417.
                  The 500 plus included charges for domestic flights as well since it was a star award itin.. Wish I could have the 15% discount though..

Business saver seats are hard to come by.. hehe

Comment

Working...
                  X