Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPS Card

How fast can SQ issue PPS card.

Assuming if my qualifying trip is on 27 Apr.

Thanks for helping as i need to know whether i can get the card by 31 May for my next trip.

Originally posted by tris View Post
    How fast can SQ issue PPS card.

Assuming if my qualifying trip is on 27 Apr.

Thanks for helping as i need to know whether i can get the card by 31 May for my next trip.
    usually you receive it in about 3-4 weeks along with your welcome package. if you don't, just print it out from the singaporeair.com website. it shows your status. however, you very rarely need to present it. people at check-in will know if you are pps.

Comment

It is possible to get it by 31 May but your status in the system should already show that you are a QPP. Your BP will have this status and you will be accorded with all the privileges.

Congrats on your impending QPP status, tris!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
        It is possible to get it by 31 May but your status in the system should already show that you are a QPP. Your BP will have this status and you will be accorded with all the privileges.

Congrats on your impending QPP status, tris!
        Thanks Taipeiflyer and Superjonjon.

The reason why i ask this is because of inflight purchase. I am currently a Krisflyer silver. Assuming i did not get the card but i am already a pps, can i still use my existing silver card to get 10% discount?

Comment

The reason why i ask this is because of inflight purchase. I am currently a Krisflyer silver. Assuming i did not get the card but i am already a pps, can i still use my existing silver card to get 10% discount?
          the passenger manifest should show that you are a pps. your boarding pass should also indicate this information. simply mention it to the crew at the time of purchase if you want to make sure, and i think they will be more than accomodating. =) congrats!

Comment

also the 10% discount is only for PPS members (so if you have Krisflyer Silver & haven't qualified you won't get the discount). However as taipeiflyer has said, the cabin crew can look up your status from the passenger manifest if needed.
            Last edited by matt_will_fix_it; 10 April 2008, 01:21 PM.
            matt_will_fix_it

Comment

Thanks guys for the good advise.

I have to be greatful to my company for helping me with acheiving the PPS status.

Comment

Purchase at duty free at Changi Airport gets a 15% discount, including tobacco products.....
                This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                  Purchase at duty free at Changi Airport gets a 15% discount, including tobacco products.....
                  For that you need to have the PPS card, they won't accept a BP showing the status. Tried it once and was flatly rejected.

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                    Recently got my PPS card, is this valid in all shops air side? or only certain shops? If so which shops, I can't seem to find this benefit on the member booklet.

Comment

Originally posted by gMaster View Post
                      Recently got my PPS card, is this valid in all shops air side? or only certain shops? If so which shops, I can't seem to find this benefit on the member booklet.
                      Valid for the duty free alcohol (15%) , and the cosmetics/perfumes at the Nuance-Watson shop (10%). I also asked at shops selling Samsonite luggage and Cartier bags (10%).
                      For all other shops, you gotta ask - it's not stated anywhere.
                      J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

Thanks all,

Assuming my PPS value is now $24000 and i booked a $3,000 return ticket.

Will i get the PPS once i make 1 sector worth $1,500 or it will be computed based on the entire return ticket fare of 3k.

Comment

Your PPS Value for the first flight will be posted after you fly it. However, the value of one way of the return flights may not be = total value divided by 2.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                            Your PPS Value for the first flight will be posted after you fly it. However, the value of one way of the return flights may not be = total value divided by 2.
                            Yes, got what you meant. Reviewing the flights that i have done so far for the past 12 months on C class, the split has always been 50/50 so that's why i am assuming this.

Comment

Thanks all, i was accorded with 10% discount for inflight purchase even though i have not received the physical card.

Comment

Working...
                              X