No announcement yet.

MEL-SIN-BKK (two-leg) redemption, 2nd leg cleared but waitlisted for the 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MEL-SIN-BKK (two-leg) redemption, 2nd leg cleared but waitlisted for the 1st

In need to burn some KF miles, I did a redemption booking on J for my husband first (via my KF account), all OK. Then, I proceeded to do a second redemption booking on the same flights for myself but had to waitlist the outbound flights. Details below:

=======================================
    1. Melbourne to Singapore - SQ 218, Status: Waitlisted
    25 Aug (Fri) Business (I)

2. Singapore to Bangkok - SQ 970, Status: Waitlisted

3. Melbourne to Singapore - SQ 238, Status: Reserved*

4. Singapore to Bangkok - SQ 982, Status: Reserved*

5. Bangkok to Singapore - SQ 977, Status: Reserved*
    28 Aug (Mon) Business (I)

6. Singapore to Melbourne - SQ 227, Status: Reserved*
    28 Aug (Mon) Business (I)

*Your seat(s) are reserved but confirmation will only be made upon payment.

======================

Within 10 minutes, I received the following e-mail from SQ, advising that the SIN-BKK waitlisted flight is available for confirmation.

We are pleased to inform you that the following waitlisted flight(s) is available for confirmation:

Flight No.: SQ970
    To: BKK (Suvarnabhumi Airport)
    Departing Date: 25 Aug 2017
    Departing Time: 07:10

If you have made a redemption booking, please visit singaporeair.com to confirm your booking. For other waitlisted flights or booking types, please contact your local Singapore Airlines office.

Your waitlisted flight(s) will be cancelled if no confirmation is received by 01 May 2017, 17:00 (GMT +8).

Questions:
    1. The time limit for confirming the SIN-BKK flight is in 3 days. It is unlikely that the waitlist for the first leg will have cleared by then!!! Has anyone had a similar experience? I do not see how I can confirm this second leg, and still be on the waitlist for the first? Ideas please?
    2. Any insights on how the SQ deal with this sort of situation?

Originally posted by Stripakis View Post
    Questions:
    1. The time limit for confirming the SIN-BKK flight is in 3 days. It is unlikely that the waitlist for the first leg will have cleared by then!!! Has anyone had a similar experience? I do not see how I can confirm this second leg, and still be on the waitlist for the first? Ideas please?
    2. Any insights on how the SQ deal with this sort of situation?
    Call them to extend the ticketing deadline.

Comment

Working...
    X