Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Siem Reap hotel and activity recommendations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Siem Reap hotel and activity recommendations?

Hi everyone, I am considering a short vacation to Siem Reap...any suggestions for accomodation suitable for a family vacation (With two kids, aged 12 and 15)?

Any advice on activities for kids as well would be appreciated.

I am looking at mid to upper-mid range accomodations.

Not looking at the top-end this time round, but if anyone has top end suggestions, do share them as well, as these would also be useful for future reference.

Thanks!

Hey yflyer, wife and I went there about 5 years ago and we stayed at the Sojourn Boutique Villas.

Pros:
    10-15mins south of the city. Quiet.
    Mostly stand-alone villas around a swimming pool.
    Very friendly hotel, down to earth hotel.
    Next to a real kampung from which they exist symbiotically; buying fruits and veg from them, hiring workers, hotel providing water pumps. We had a great walkabout tour in the village to learn about their simple lives, schools, community inter-dependency living.

Cons:
    Far from town, only restaurant around is the hotel's, no shopping (pro or con?)
    No lux
    Require wheels to town

Recommend:
    Go in Dec-Jan, at least the first half of the day is cool.
    Get a personal guide (hotel can recommend)
    Get a tuk-tuk or 2 for trips to town and surrounding temples
    Get a car for temples further afield
    Visit at least the Angkor Wat, Ta Prohm, Bayon and Angkor Thom. The rest depends on your interests in history, culture, religion and architecture.
    Go to the Tonle Sap lake for a sunset boat ride
    Shop at the central market

Enjoy!

Comment

Thanks for the tips and suggestions, CarbonMan!

Will forward the link on Sojourn Villas to Mrs yflyer...a Boutique property like Sojourn, with only a small number of rooms, would be much preferable to larger, more impersonal properties!

Thanks for the activity suggestions as well!

Comment

Working...
      X