Need help with the "Big Question"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with the "Big Question"

I'm planning to propose to my girlfriend this coming July when we go on our Aussie trip.

And the time frame in which I plan to pop the question will leave us probably somewhere along the Great Ocean Road.

So any advice and/or recommendations on where I is the best spot to do so?

I went on the Great Ocean Road with my parents many years ago, and the only part that I remember is the area of the Twelve Apostles. That was a scenic spot indeed but there could definitely be places with better scenery.

Some of the current or former MEL-based SQTalkers may offer more detailed insights.

Good luck!
    Last edited by SQGamespeed; 26 February 2015, 11:06 AM.

Comment

congratulations ahead of the big moment If it has to be at the lookout into the 12 Apostles, can I suggest early in the morning before the buses arrive to introduce boisterous-tourists to your script? I stand to be corrected by MEL-based Talkers, but I find the place to be pretty quiet (and even romantically-foggy) before 9am.

I find Port Campbell (as in the Town rather than the national park) has its charm, and the strip facing the sea beside Port Campbell Creek in front of Cairns Street may offer a setting for your trick.

Other scenic and quieter spots are little rest areas on the hill overlooking Port Campbell town, which offer majestic views of the ocean at the same time.

Fond memories cos honeymoon-ed there and elsewhere in MEL

Comment

I believe there's one McDonald's there. Tape the ring on the bottom of a milkshake and you're golden. A moment neither of you will ever forget.
        HUGE AL

Comment

Thanks to all for the well wishes.

I'm trying to keep this hush hush from the girlfriend and so she just suggested altering the itinerary and now will be either at Sydney (no idea of the exact location) or Melbourne (most probably on the GOR).

@HUGE AL: you know i did think about just organising a it at one of the Mac here in Singapore and get Ronald and his gang to help make it more joyous occasion, but decided against it for obvious reasons. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by RCTP View Post
            @HUGE AL: you know i did think about just organising a it at one of the Mac here in Singapore and get Ronald and his gang to help make it more joyous occasion, but decided against it for obvious reasons. Haha
            Nothing obvious about it. I think it's a novel idea! You could take it further and go to Burger King, have them put the crown on your head and ask her to be your Burger Queen.

OR…wait until the next In-n-Out Pop Up and do it there…with a Double Double!
            HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
              Nothing obvious about it. I think it's a novel idea! You could take it further and go to Burger King, have them put the crown on your head and ask her to be your Burger Queen.

I would prefer In-N-Out FAR more for eating than the other two. I would have to be paid an exorbitant amount to get me to eat at McD's or Burger King.

But the BK idea does sound like something the OP should consider.

Comment

There are so many iconic places in Sydney for a proposal......

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post

post deleted
                  Last edited by SQtraveller; 20 August 2017, 04:49 AM.

Comment

Just got back from the start of the Great Ocean Road one day ago, there's a little lighthouse near Airey's Inlet after Torquay which has far less tourists and it would mean you'd both be in a honeymoon state for the rest of the 3 hour drive to Apollo Bay/12 Apostles

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      Just got back from the start of the Great Ocean Road one day ago, there's a little lighthouse near Airey's Inlet after Torquay which has far less tourists and it would mean you'd both be in a honeymoon state for the rest of the 3 hour drive to Apollo Bay/12 Apostles
                      Think I've read about this lighthouse on some forums and travel blogs. Seems like a good place and so time to prepare some cheesy lines.

Comment

It's a nice spot, you can also walk around on the sand at the base of the hill the lighthouse sits on, plenty of parking. Just hope for a day with great weather, otherwise it'll achieve the opposite effect of what you intended

(also plenty of Fish n Chips shops around)

Comment

@Kyo

Yeah praying for good weather!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X