Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accumulating PPS$ via Paid Tickets but Not Flying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accumulating PPS$ via Paid Tickets but Not Flying?

Hi all, I've been a follower on SQTalk and absorbing some of the great advise posted by members and have a question to the experienced members.

If I buy Suites or Biz Class tickets for my parents is there anyway that SQ will allow the PPS$ and elite miles to be credited to me? It's like a one in a lifetime trip for my aged parents and they have no use for PPS$ or miles and I'll be the one paying for them.

Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks

No it isn't possible.

Comment

Deleted by user
      Last edited by gookia2000; 26 October 2018, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Hmm, so no point in me heading down to the Ion office and asking nicely since it doesn't seem like they'll make any exceptions. Guess it doesn't help that I'm just a normal PPS member either. Sigh, the Elite Miles and PPS$ will go to waste ...

Comment

Deleted by user
          Last edited by gookia2000; 26 October 2018, 03:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jonleong View Post
            Thanks for the replies. Hmm, so no point in me heading down to the Ion office and asking nicely since it doesn't seem like they'll make any exceptions. Guess it doesn't help that I'm just a normal PPS member either. Sigh, the Elite Miles and PPS$ will go to waste ...
            The PPS$ may go to waste but you can still use the miles for a redemption.

Comment

Thanks all! Sigh, $17k worth of PPS$ and I'll have none of it

Comment

not on SQ, on other airlines, maybe.

Comment

Is there a *A program that allows family pooling of miles that both tickets could be credited to? Then you'd have twice as many miles in a single account, which could be easier to use for award tickets or upgrades with miles.

Comment

Originally posted by MSPeconomist View Post
                    Is there a *A program that allows family pooling of miles that both tickets could be credited to? Then you'd have twice as many miles in a single account, which could be easier to use for award tickets or upgrades with miles.
                    Alas, there's no transfers or pooling ... SQ probably knows that a certain high percentage of the awarded miles don't get used. But these days though you can top-up cash to any portion of miles to get your flight.

Comment

Originally posted by MSPeconomist View Post
                      The OZ program allows pooling between family members. Basically, how it works is that each individual has their normal OZ account and accrues miles for themselves just like KF.

But once you establish yourself into a family group (not sure what the exact criteria is but it would probably be the same last name) then you can see all of the individual mileage account balances of the members and you can redeem awards from the family pool.

So the concept is, accrue individually but redeem as a family. Thats how the family thing on OZ works.

Comment

Originally posted by jonleong View Post
                        Hi all, I've been a follower on SQTalk and absorbing some of the great advise posted by members and have a question to the experienced members.

If I buy Suites or Biz Class tickets for my parents is there anyway that SQ will allow the PPS$ and elite miles to be credited to me? It's like a one in a lifetime trip for my aged parents and they have no use for PPS$ or miles and I'll be the one paying for them.

Any advise is appreciated.

Thanks
                        No way around this I'm afraid. Is there any way to earn the KF miles to book an award instead ?

Comment

Enrolling in an FFP that allows family pooling such as OZ or NH would probably be the most you can expect to get out of this.

Absolutely and categorically no, you cannot get the benefit of the PPSV of other people's tickets.

Comment

I love SQ and they've treated me well all these years so no complaints here. Just wished they could be a little less rigid. Unfortunately I don't have enough points to cover all the oldies so I might just get them on CX which is having a biz class promotion which comes to about 1/2 the cost of SQ. Thanks again to everyone for your advise!

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                              Alas, there's no transfers or pooling ... SQ probably knows that a certain high percentage of the awarded miles don't get used. But these days though you can top-up cash to any portion of miles to get your flight.
                              I know that SQ doesn't do this. My suggestion was to credit the parents' flights to a different *A program that has this feature.

Comment

Working...
                              X