No announcement yet.

SIA "Priority Boarding" - Krisflyer Elite Gold & Star Alliance Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uhm I just want to know why priority boarding is so impt so people?

I always wait till the ridiculous queue die down before boarding. I don't see any benefits of boarding first or last.

Comment

Originally posted by adamantine View Post

I always wait till the ridiculous queue die down before boarding. I don't see any benefits of boarding first or last.

Do you always manage to get your hand luggage into the overhead?

Comment

Originally posted by adamantine View Post
        Indeed!

Perhaps let me state why I personally don't find it important,

1) I hate to stand in a queue. I'll rather sit and wait if I can;
        2) I tend to choose aisle seats; if I get in early in Y, I've got to get up and make way for other pax on same row.
        3) The plane isn't going to fly off any earlier;
        4) I won't get a better seat.

and when I do,

a) flying Y on a US domestic US, and the flight is full'ish, there's always a chance that the overhead lockers will be completely full. I don't want to put my smallish carry-on under the seat (it's already quite tight on these 737s), as I've an issue finding a place to stretch my legs.

Comment

To me, priority boarding is not about getting into the plane first.

It about the ability to get into the plane anytime I want behind any Suite, First Class, Business Class and PSS passengers.

When I get to the boarding gate, all I want is to be able to walk into the empty premium lane and board.

SIA is not understanding the requirement and is making all the unnecessary arrangements to cause inconvenience to the Elite Gold passengers. I don't know; I have not tried yet but I did saw Elite Gold passengers boarding in the Premium Lane among the Premium Class passengers and the staff did not stop them.

I normally will wait until the blue lane is empty. Right now, I am avoiding the redundant Elite Gold lane assignment.

(Audio)

Comment

Placing my hand luggage at the compartment above my seat "is of utmost importance to me"

Thank you.

Comment

The only reason why priority boarding is important for me is so that I can have my luggage at my overhead lockers.
              Life's A Bitch,
              Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

Originally posted by j.lin View Post
                Placing my hand luggage at the compartment above my seat "is of utmost importance to me"

Thank you.
                I completely agree ! When getting off the plane and there is a scramble for luggage, if your luggage isn't above you, and in a locker a few seats down, it is a pain to get to it against everyone who is going out, and getting it down.

Comment

Originally posted by hjerapa View Post
                  I completely agree ! When getting off the plane and there is a scramble for luggage, if your luggage isn't above you, and in a locker a few seats down, it is a pain to get to it against everyone who is going out, and getting it down.
                  I agree!

The worst experience I had is a guy refuse to let me put my luggage to the overhead storage which is still quite empty. His reason is, "My important stuffs are insides.."

Comment

Yes, all of the above, stated about the importance of having your luggage placed in the overhead lockers, directly above your assigned seat is true. In light of the recent thefts onboard, which have been linked to syndicated crime, it is especially important to have your bags placed nearest to you (directly overhead, if at all possible). In addition, I always ensure that my bags are padlocked.

With priority boarding, it's all about having accessibility to the aircraft, in your own dedicated lane, away from the crowd (if properly managed by SIA) - this privilege made available at whatever time you, the "Premium" passenger wishes to board, be it travelling in JCL; or that you are a PPS Club / KFEG / *G flying in EYCL - as long as you do arrive at the gate 10 minutes before the STD.

Comment

Actually for cabin bag, I like to put them in my line of sight, rather than above my seat. As long as this condition is fulfilled, I never had any problem finding overhead bin space.

I really find it a chore to be lugging bags around. I find it to be a disservice to myself and I would check-in everything I could against George Clooney's advice in "Up In The Air". Yes, it saves a couple of minutes but really, I don't need the workout.

(Audio)

Comment

Originally posted by jbflyer View Post
                        I agree!

The worst experience I had is a guy refuse to let me put my luggage to the overhead storage which is still quite empty. His reason is, "My important stuffs are insides.."
                        Couldn't agree more. I have had far too many experiences like this! It really does become a "first-come first-serve" situation many times.

Comment

Originally posted by Audio View Post
                          Actually for cabin bag, I like to put them in my line of sight, rather than above my seat. As long as this condition is fulfilled, I never had any problem finding overhead bin space.

I really find it a chore to be lugging bags around. I find it to be a disservice to myself and I would check-in everything I could against George Clooney's advice in "Up In The Air". Yes, it saves a couple of minutes but really, I don't need the workout.

(Audio)
                          To each has his own. Line of sight will likely imply under the seat in front of you, which eats into legroom space.

Regardless, Singapore Airlines should ensure that "Priority Boarding" privileges remain for the KFEG / *G traveller, since this really is part of the privileges / benefits per the alliance. No other airline in this alliance, except for Singapore Airlines, had since early 2012, clearly separated *G members, where they board in the "Normal Lane" together with EYCL travellers (but ahead of EYCL passengers when *G produce their boarding pass for validation). Somehow, no matter how the airline "packages" this, the bottom line is that it's somewhat discriminatory and disrespectful to *G travellers.

That said, on my recent flight from CAN (SQ851), the "Priority Lane" was available to JCL pax; PPS Club; KFEG; and *G passengers. The ground agents on duty were clear that this lane was reserved for these "premium" travellers and directed those who strayed to their "Normal Lane" - anyone observed similarities whist boarding at other airports?
                          Last edited by SQ380; 30 July 2013, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
                            Do you always manage to get your hand luggage into the overhead?
                            SQ's still not so bad, however with SK out of Norway... That's a different story!
                            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

I feel that on widebodies, overhead space is less of an issue vs narrowbodies. So priority boarding is more important on the narrows

Comment

Originally posted by SQ380 View Post
                                To each has his own. Line of sight will likely imply under the seat in front of you, which eats into legroom space.
                                No no....line of sight means all the overhead bins that YOU CAN SEE.

My last flight I was sitting at row 38A. I can't possibly monitor anyone who is messing up my bag in the bin over my head 38ABC.....but I can definitely monitor / observe any activities at bins 38 DE, 37 DE, 36 DE from where I am sitting.....and these will be the places I place my bag. During disembarking, it is very convenient to get into the aisle and take the bag without obstructing anyone.

(Audio)

Comment

Working...
                                X