Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does SQ charge other *A airlines for their members entering SKL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does SQ charge other *A airlines for their members entering SKL?

Is it true that when you enter the SKL/Elite Gold Lounge as a *G member of another airline, that airline gets charged?

I also realized that the EGL lounge staff write down your FFP number in a book. Does this have anything to do with the charges?

Originally posted by W_Flyer View Post
    Is it true that when you enter the SKL/Elite Gold Lounge as a *G member of another airline, that airline gets charged?

I also realized that the EGL lounge staff write down your FFP number in a book. Does this have anything to do with the charges?
    I would suspect that that's the case. I'm sure there's a charge-back. That's how some independent non-airline related lounges work in some airports. Long time ago, before the Continental tie-up with *A, I was given a voucher by SQ, that I could either use to gain entry to Conti lounge or a spa. The value of the voucher was US$30, if my memory serves me correctly.

If it was "free" to SQ to use other *A lounges, there would be no incentive to them to have their own lounges e.g. London and other airports, that have a large pax throughput, IMHO.

Comment

Heard they also have some sort of offsetting agreement. Eg TG pax using the SKL, SQ pax using the ROL.

Makes me wonder though, does the airline getting charged know which particular members went into the lounge?

Comment

To clarify, it's the operating carrier and not the FF program of the passenger's *A elite *Gold status that is charged, right?

Comment

AFAIK the KF EG card expires a month after the gold year ends. In that case, does that mean the holder can still enter lounges? And since the FFP number is recorded, will SQ go after the holder?

Comment

AFAIK the KF EG card expires a month after the gold year ends. In that case, does that mean the holder can still enter lounges? And since the FFP number is recorded, will SQ go after the holder?
            So long as the card is valid you can still enter the *A lounges. What is SQ going to do, send you a bill?!

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
              So long as the card is valid you can still enter the *A lounges. What is SQ going to do, send you a bill?!
              Shhh....don't give them any ideas!

Comment

If that's the case, can't anyone just forge an EG card and enter other *A lounges?

Comment

If that's the case, can't anyone just forge an EG card and enter other *A lounges?
                  if one goes through that trouble, he is deserves to enter the lounge! Most *A lounges have a system to check your KF#. And your KF membership only expires a month after your renewal date.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                    if one goes through that trouble, he is deserves to enter the lounge! Most *A lounges have a system to check your KF#. And your KF membership only expires a month after your renewal date.
                    One can always insist he/she just qualified and thus the systems aren't updated

But will he/she get into trouble?

Comment

That person will have a heck of a time with the dragons to start with.

Comment

you appear very keen to get into a lounge. It's a lot easier to "friend" or "liked" a *Gold member to enter as a guest. You don't have to sleep with that person, but no one will stop you from offering..

Comment

Working...
                        X