Mumbai hotels under attack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mumbai hotels under attack

Terrorists have attacked 9 up market hotels in the centre of Mumbai.

Many killed.

Hostages taken.

Terrorists looking for tourists with US or British passports.

Watch CNN or BBC now

Foreigners have been deliberately targeted this time.

Comment

I hope the situation will get better soon.

By the way, I was told that SQ's Mumbai office is in the Taj Mahal hotel.

Comment

This situation is bonkers. I cannot believe there are still terrorists loose in at least one of the Hotels, when this started on Wednesday !!!.

This morning on Sky News they were showing an interview with some 'Commandos' who had apparently just carried out an operation in a Hotel. I sat there wtaching this guy, with shades on and a mask, talking about the operation. Notwithstanding the nonsense of 'Special Forces' giving interviews to the press (I can just see the SAS doing this...) but there was still terrorists with hostages in two Hotels and the Jewish centre less than a mile from where these lot were holding court.

WTF is that all about ?. Are they on shifts or something ?!

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
          Are they on shifts or something ?!
          Probably a bit like the Australian navy:

David Johnston, the opposition spokesman on defence issues, said [....]

"I've never seen a defence force charged with the protection of Australia saying we're going to have six-to-eight weeks off over Christmas because we think it's a good thing for the mums and dads,"

Comment

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...392947/1/.html

RIP

Comment

Oh my! She was involved in a transaction I worked on last year. RIP.

Comment

RIP.

Comment

Indeed. RIP to all those who persished, and condolences to their friends and relatives.

Comment

While all these are happening, I still don't understand how can people be on the street within the perimeters of the scene, watching the drama unfold. Shouldn't they be evacuated and all?

It seems they targetted foreigners, but based on the reports, only a handful foreigners were killed?

RIP...

Comment

Originally posted by quik! View Post
                      While all these are happening, I still don't understand how can people be on the street within the perimeters of the scene, watching the drama unfold. Shouldn't they be evacuated and all?
                      Well... similar situation will hold true in many places, like Pakistan and Indonesia for example.

It seems they targetted foreigners, but based on the reports, only a handful foreigners were killed?
                      If you recall the the bombing in Bali, Jakarta, and the recent one, in Islamabad, most of the victims are locals. They also target the main station in Mumbai and from the news, it seems that they just shot randomly. The locals are always in the front line, while the foreigners tend to be inside the luxury hotels or restaurants for example.

RIP to those who perished...

Comment

RIP...
                        Terrorists are terrorists. Their objective is always to create chaos and to cause harms regardless the nationalities of their victims.

My condolences to all who are impacted by this tragedy and RIP to all the victims.

Originally posted by singaporu_kooku View Post
                        Well... similar situation will hold true in many places, like Pakistan and Indonesia for example.
                        In this particular situation where there was clearly an exchange of fires between the terrorists and the anti-terrorists squad, I am sure the public would have been cleared from the affected areas in many places.

Comment

RIP to all those who've perished and their loved ones.

A horrific and extremely sad episode indeed.
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                          X