Newbie Question: Elite Qualification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
    In the past it was definitely 25,000 to silver, plus another 25,000 to gold. Perhaps this changed when they switched to the rolling 12 mth qualification period from the Apr-Mar fixed calendar?
    I sent the email after the new qualification rules (including the personal 12-month calendar) came into force. Who knows, though, they may have just done the second (unseen) counter thing during some kind of transition period.
    Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
    From the SQ Website:
    <snip>
    To me this indicates it 50000 miles AFTER achieving silver. So - from nothing to Gold is 75,000 miles.... 25 of which must be within the first 12 months, and 50 of which must be in the 12 months after becoming silver. You can still obtain gold within a year of joining but to do so would mean 75,000 miles minimum.
    If you add the word 'ONLY' before 'AFTER' in your second paragraph, that's how I interpreted the new rules. That's exactly why I sent the email to KrisFlyer. Their answer -- which I unfortunately did not save -- indicated that that wasn't the case.
    ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      I explained this in another thread, but can't find the link to that one.
      This one perhaps ?

http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2423

Search - jjpb3 and "counter" (although I remembered the thread in question).

(I qualified for KF EG by 50,000 from a standing start and - IIRC - KF had already introduced the change to a rolling 12-month qualification period. HOWEVER, this was within a few months of that change so I don't know whether I was the beneficiary of any transitional rule.)

Comment

I switched my miles from UA to SQ in September 2006. I was already carrying UA Gold. UA operates on the same dates for everyone - calendar year.

I don't recall ever actually getting a SQ Silver Card and I hit SQ Gold in February 2007 as soon as I hit the 50,000 miles. So my renewal is at the end of Feb each year.

This year I lost about 15000 miles in the rollover.

So the first year you qualify for Gold you don't lose miles in the rollover but once the date is fixed you do.

I am seriously thinking of switching allegiance to TG because their program seems easier to work with and they hand out upgrade vouchers to gold members.

Comment

Originally posted by sudsoz View Post
          I don't recall ever actually getting a SQ Silver Card and I hit SQ Gold in February 2007 as soon as I hit the 50,000 miles. So my renewal is at the end of Feb each year.

This year I lost about 15000 miles in the rollover.

So the first year you qualify for Gold you don't lose miles in the rollover but once the date is fixed you do.
          Thanks for the confirmation.
          ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Working...
          X