SQTalk  

Go Back   SQTalk > Singapore Airlines > All About Singapore Airlines

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th January 2019, 10:33 PM   #166
9V-SKU
SQTalk Elite Gold
 
Join Date: 17-Sep-2017
Location: Singapore
Programs: Solitaire PPS Club
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Final View Post
Nice surprise today, SQ 959 being served by 77W instead of those ratty old 773s. Anyone know why?

One positive new development for PPS members at the new terminal is that they board strictly by groups. When flying eco as PPS, this means you get to your seat (and empty overhead bins) way before others.
Thatís good news. Did you have to tell them that youíre PPS or did they pick it up from the boarding pass?
9V-SKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2019, 10:44 PM   #167
BlinkJet
SQTalker
 
Join Date: 20-Jan-2018
Posts: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Final View Post
Nice surprise today, SQ 959 being served by 77W instead of those ratty old 773s. Anyone know why?

One positive new development for PPS members at the new terminal is that they board strictly by groups. When flying eco as PPS, this means you get to your seat (and empty overhead bins) way before others.
No idea why, but managed to snag one of the PEY seats

But the queue system is not optimal (or rather, the overall gate design is poor). All pax (including F/J pax) have to queue in the open passageway as airport buggys force their way through to Gates 1-4.
BlinkJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2019, 02:40 PM   #168
Short Final
SQTalk Elite Gold
 
Join Date: 15-Jun-2012
Location: Jakarta
Programs: PPS
Posts: 192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9V-SKU View Post
Thatís good news. Did you have to tell them that youíre PPS or did they pick it up from the boarding pass?
They check your boarding pass as you queue, so they are enforcing the group boarding system quite tightly.



Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkJet View Post
No idea why, but managed to snag one of the PEY seats

But the queue system is not optimal (or rather, the overall gate design is poor). All pax (including F/J pax) have to queue in the open passageway as airport buggys force their way through to Gates 1-4.
Yes, there is the downside of having to queue now.
Short Final is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2019, 03:45 AM   #169
SQfanatic
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 05-Nov-2008
Location: SFO
Programs: KrisFlyer
Posts: 1,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Final View Post
Nice surprise today, SQ 959 being served by 77W instead of those ratty old 773s. Anyone know why?

One positive new development for PPS members at the new terminal is that they board strictly by groups. When flying eco as PPS, this means you get to your seat (and empty overhead bins) way before others.
The only reason I would think CGK would use a 77W is because one of the 773 could be out for maintenance. Apparently, it wasn't just SQ958/959 (Operated by 9V-SWV). It was also SQ950/953, operated by 9V-SWG and SQ966/967 operated by 9V-SWV which did the earlier afternoon CGK flight.

We've seen a couple of cases where it was operated by 9V-SWT in place of a 773 in maintenance and once that 773 returned to service, SWT went in for its maintenance/cabin refit.
SQfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2019, 03:11 PM   #170
davidfusq
SQTalk Elite Gold
 
Join Date: 03-Jun-2017
Location: SIN
Programs: SQKF
Posts: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQfanatic View Post
The only reason I would think CGK would use a 77W is because one of the 773 could be out for maintenance. Apparently, it wasn't just SQ958/959 (Operated by 9V-SWV). It was also SQ950/953, operated by 9V-SWG and SQ966/967 operated by 9V-SWV which did the earlier afternoon CGK flight.

We've seen a couple of cases where it was operated by 9V-SWT in place of a 773 in maintenance and once that 773 returned to service, SWT went in for its maintenance/cabin refit.
I checked FR24 and it seems one of the 773 Reg 9V-SYF was out of operation from 8 - 12 Jan.
davidfusq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th January 2019, 03:40 PM   #171
SQfanatic
SQTalk Solitaire PPS
 
Join Date: 05-Nov-2008
Location: SFO
Programs: KrisFlyer
Posts: 1,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfusq View Post
I checked FR24 and it seems one of the 773 Reg 9V-SYF was out of operation from 8 - 12 Jan.
Yeah that explains it.
SQfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th January 2019, 11:17 AM   #172
SporeAir
SQTalker
 
Join Date: 16-Dec-2017
Posts: 6
Default

Any idea if USD15/20 meal voucher is still given to Y pax on partner *G at T3 CGK?
Or nothing at all...
SporeAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Techadmin: Luke | Hosting: www.lomag.net