Dubai dining suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dubai dining suggestions?

Hi everyone, I am heading to Dubai for a few days. Anyone have dining suggestions? What counts as distinctive local cuisine there?

Emirati food is generally casual. One of the touristy place is in Festival City called Al Fanar. See link below:

http://www.alfanarrestaurant.com/

Another common food is called mandi which is a communal eating where briani rice with meats served in a large platter. If you are used to eating with hands while sitting on the floor, then you are in good company. Be warned, portions are large.

Unfortunately, mandi is not my fav, so can't really tell you where to go. Lebanese foods are decent and a plenty here. Enjoy Dubai.
    Last edited by Global Nomad; 7 September 2014, 01:54 AM. Reason: typo
    there's nothing more rewarding than flying for free, is there??

Comment

Originally posted by Global Nomad View Post
      Emirati food is generally casual. One of the touristy place is in Festival City called Al Fanar. See link below:

http://www.alfanarrestaurant.com/

Another common food is called mandi which is a communal eating where briani rice with meats served in a large platter. If you are used to eating with hands while sitting on the floor, then you are in good company. Be warned, portions are large.

Unfortunately, mandi is not my fav, so can't really tell you where to go. Lebanese foods are decent and a plenty here. Enjoy Dubai.
      Thank, Global Nomad! This is useful info. I had not heard of madi.

Al Fanar looks to be worth a try too. Although "touristy" is not usually a flattering term, as long as the food is fairly authentic I don't mind heading to the occasional touristy place.

Comment

While this may not be anything near Arab cuisine, please don't miss Armani/Peck at the Armani hotel (Burj Khalifa)... best Italian food I've tried anywhere (outside of Italy of course)...

Comment

Originally posted by metcalve View Post
          While this may not be anything near Arab cuisine, please don't miss Armani/Peck at the Armani hotel (Burj Khalifa)... best Italian food I've tried anywhere (outside of Italy of course)...
          Thanks for the recommendation, metcalve! My schedule in Dubai was packed, and I didn't have the opportunity to visit Peck (Or Al Fanah, for that matter), but I've noted these places for future visits to Dubai.

The online reviews for Peck in Dubai are very positive, I have to say!

Comment

Working...
          X