No announcement yet.

We love the Swiss DO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im a Sqtalk DO virgin, but i think im in the maybe pile!
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
      Originally posted by Lobster View Post
      But an ideal time of year for fondue
      How many calories is that? Poor jjpb3.
      Fondue and raclette = ways of reminding me that Switzerland can be punishment.

‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

At this rate, we'll be calling it the ZRH Raclette+Rosti FonDOo

Is that groaning I hear at the suggested title? Cringing, maybe?

I'm the instigator. kyo+ is the organizer.
        No, this is all inspired, instigated and will-be-organised by phaleesy.

I would have thought you fit into the elderly category since you're more concerned about hotels.
        As the HUGE one surely has shown by now, one can be very concerned about hotels, but need not be elderly.

Regarding hotels, we'd go with the majority. I'm happy with ICH, Accor, Hyatt and SPG.
        Well, since you're organising...

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
        I'm gobsmacked: Kyo in a weekend Do?

Please put me down as a maybe.
        Touché! And for that comment, you should be struck off the Maybe list and into the Confirmed category..!

I remember those comments you made about DO:OSlo being mid-week, now you have no excuse!!

Umm, cancel me out on the frozen waterpark and any other water-based ideas, thanks.. don't intend on freezing myself in the lake anytime soon, cheers!

Hope to see you, Lobster and sqdazz!

Perhaps our dear friends near Sherwood Forest can be persuaded to join?

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          As the HUGE one surely has shown by now, one can be very concerned about hotels, but need not be elderly.
          Ok, not elderly... The oldER generation is more concerned about luxurious hotels.

Bright young things like me stay in YHAs and HIX.

Umm, cancel me out on the frozen waterpark and any other water-based ideas, thanks.. don't intend on freezing myself in the lake anytime soon, cheers!
          You only have yourself to blame for organizing a European Do in winter!

Echoing what kyo+ said, all European SQTalkers should really try to be there.

Comment

You only have yourself to blame for organizing a European Do in winter!
            It was an Indian summer! 7-18 Deg all round, perfect weather! Couldn't have been better!

Comment

It was an Indian summer! 7-18 Deg all round, perfect weather! Couldn't have been better!
              kyo kyo, I am referring to the We love the Swiss Do which you WILL be organizing. Right smack in the middle of winter. During the Chinese New Year too! During wedding season in Australia as well!

Excellent timing.

Comment

But I didn't organise it! You called it! Methinks we should immediately downgrade this to a Meet...

Comment

But I didn't organise it! You called it! Methinks we should immediately downgrade this to a Meet...
                  Don't know the exact definition of a Do or meet. They sound interchangeable to me.

Since kyo+ is getting his boxers (why do people always say knickers?) in a twist at the thought of organizing a Do/meet, the queen of delegation has to undertake the task herself!

The organizer would only sort out your meals. Everyone's free to do as much/little sight-seeing as one likes or to engage in prolonged marathon sessions, so long as one appears at the pre-arranged mealtimes.

It's definitely not the 'living in one another's pockets' kind of Do/meet. But I think that people do tend to meet up for breakfast, wander around together, meet up for lunch, have coffee/tea/cakes. Then off to change. Then back for dinner. Then more drinks in the hotel lobby or someone's suite.

I'm usually tucked into bed by 2-3 am, so I can't help anyone with any clubbing/partying ideas. Sorry I can't help with the more colourful and exotic activities.

Hmmm... doesn't sound like a very exciting and promising Do/Meet at all, after reading my own description of our activities.

It might turn out to be a two people Do/meet again.

Comment

Don't know the exact definition of a Do or meet.
                    And still nobody has been able to explain to me the origin/meaning of "DO."

You know, if you're going to start the thread and throw the idea up there, you must measure up to flo/Kyo+ standards!
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                      You know, if you're going to start the thread and throw the idea up there, you must measure up to flo/Kyo+ standards!
                      Please don't talk to me about benchmarking against some arbitrary standards.

This organizer is unlikely to go AWOL on the second day (even if she meets a very tempting handsome Swiss the night before). I think that should be enough to satisfy the criteria for said standards, don't you think?

Comment

Please don't talk to me about benchmarking against some arbitrary standards.

This organizer is unlikely to go AWOL on the second day (even if she meets a very tempting handsome Swiss the night before). I think that should be enough to satisfy the criteria for said standards, don't you think?
                        Nope.
                        HUGE AL

Comment

You won't be stuck in SIN if you get onto a flight to join us that weekend.
                          Have guests coming all the way from Europe to SIN for CNY, so I am afraid I won't be able to let them down and join you guys, although would have loved to be again back in Swizterland.

(even if she meets a very tempting handsome Swiss the night before).
                          You surely referring to a tempting piece of yummie blond Swiss cheese here... to make hot fondue with?

Comment

Originally posted by Ikarus2006 View Post
                            Have guests coming all the way from Europe to SIN for CNY, so I am afraid I won't be able to let them down and join you guys, although would have loved to be again back in Swizterland.
                            Let's not forget this is the weekend AFTER Chinese New Year (14th)

Comment

Correct Kyo, but guests will arrive on CNY and stay till 21st.

I will still have to be content with your trip and "DO/weekend/meeting" report guys , which I hope will be very detailed.

Comment

I shall certainly look into it, please feel free to nag me as this is often the only way to get me moving on such things

Comment

Working...
                                X