Scoot to Athens?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scoot to Athens?!

We've all heard the rumours about Scoot deploying services to Europe. One of their web pages seems to have been made semi-public, showing S$888 flights to Athens in ScootBiz, starting from June 2017. Appears to be $288 for the lowest Economy fare.
    http://www.flyscoot.com/en/sg-athens
    Fly well,
    Travel safe,
    And have a pleasant journey.

Originally posted by SQ747 View Post
    We've all heard the rumours about Scoot deploying services to Europe. One of their web pages seems to have been made semi-public, showing S$888 flights to Athens in ScootBiz, starting from June 2017. Appears to be $288 for the lowest Economy fare.
    Now the link shows HTTP 404 error
    Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

Fly well,
      Travel safe,
      And have a pleasant journey.

Comment

I just don't get it

Am I the only one confused by this choice? Is there even demand for a flight to Athens that can fill their aircraft?

Comment

Scoot has officially announced flights to Athens starting Jun 2017.
          My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Scoot has officially announced flights to Athens starting Jun 2017.
            Officially announced and updated at
            http://sbr.com.sg/aviation/news/scoo...-greek-capital

Logical route choice for Scoot and the SIA group as Athens should have enough leisure demand from SEA and Australia! Seems like old long haul routes that couldn't work on SQ are being experimented on by Scoot! Exciting development! Next destination, Madrid?!
            Last edited by chiraagnt; 16 August 2016, 11:08 AM. Reason: Adding picture

Comment

Currently based on the promo fare, the prices without check-in luggage or meal/drinks comes to $606 roundtrip. This comes with 10KG cabin luggage.

Meal combo add-ons are $50 per way.
              +20KG luggage space is $52 per way.
              Flickr, Reviews, SIN Credit Card Usage Reference Table

Comment

Add in luggage, meals and credit card surcharge and certain 5-stars ME carrier might be of similar pricing as well.
                My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
                  Add in luggage, meals and credit card surcharge and certain 5-stars ME carrier might be of similar pricing as well.
                  That's true, I see QR has a promo to ATH for $850.

Comment

Originally posted by coffeeblack View Post
                    Am I the only one confused by this choice? Is there even demand for a flight to Athens that can fill their aircraft?
                    +1. Probably they may try to target the Greek community in Australia?

Originally posted by lcpteck View Post
                    +1. Scoot meals are a rip-off.

Comment

I presume that there may be some who will endure a budget airline to save time on a non-stop. The question is how much endurance.

Comment

Originally posted by kevin-sg View Post
                        +1. Scoot meals are a rip-off.
                        True, I tried it once on the inaugural B787 flight to HKG on Scootbiz. Meals are not worth it... ugh....

Comment

True, I tried it once on the inaugural B787 flight to HKG on Scootbiz. Meals are not worth it... ugh....
                          Forget the cooked dishes. The wraps are a lot better if you really want something to eat onboard.
                          God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                            I presume that there may be some who will endure a budget airline to save time on a non-stop. The question is how much endurance.
                            We did the S$850 SIN-DOH-ATH flight last year. The SIN-DOH sector on the new A350 was nice. But DOH-ATH on an old single-aisle plane was not much of an improvement over a budget airline. The long lines for security clearance during the transfer in DOH was a bit of a put down too.

If I had the choice of flying Scoot then, I might very well have chosen it. My Kindle will make up for the lack of IFE. But the horrific Scoot catering is the only put-off. I'd be willing to pay a small fee to bring my own.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
                              Forget the cooked dishes. The wraps are a lot better if you really want something to eat onboard.
                              Got it! Will try the wraps when I fly to TPE next month.

Comment

Working...
                              X