X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite status with one Delta trip

9V-JKL
    SQTalk Elite Gold
    Elite status with one Delta trip « Thread started on: Oct 26th, 2006, 11:56pm »

MovieMan, this may interest you.....

http://www.businesstraveller.com/default.asp?Page=3&PUB=67&ISS=22624&SID=658824

t's probably the fastest way to become an elite frequent flyer. Until December 15 Delta will award high-ranking frequent flyer (FFP) membership to passengers booking just one ticket for its forthcoming London to New York service.

Pay the return economy or discounted business class rate for a return flight and you'll become a Silver Medallion member. Pay the regular business class rate and earn Gold Medallion membership.

Passengers must enrol by December 15 with all travel taken before January 15 and the elite membership valid until February 2008.
    Normally travellers would have to make several transatlantic return trips to reach this status even Silver status.

A further benefit is that Delta is a member of Skyteam Alliance it means this high-ranking status is also valid when using other members such as Air France, Continental, CSA, KLM, Korean and Northwest around the world.

Delta's first service on the London-New York route is set to go ahead as planned on November 16. Operated by a 214-passenger two-class B767-300 flight DL2 will depart Gatwick at 1100 arriving in JFK at 1410. The return flight DL1 will depart JFK at 1905 and land in Gatwick the next morning at 0725.

There will be a 36 Business Elite seats configured 2-2-2 with 60 inches of legroom. Although not the latest lie-flat generation of seating it does have a good angle of recline with Delta promising innovative cuisine from celebrity chef Michelle Bernstein and a wide range of inflight entertainment.

Delta says it will add an extra daily flight from next April. DL2 will leave Gatwick at 0915 to reach JFK at 1210 with the return service DL3 at 1800 landing in Gatwick at 0620.

Return fares currently start at £2,790 in business and £263 in economy class.

shortfinals
    Founding SQTalker
    Re: Elite status with one Delta trip « Reply #1 on: Oct 29th, 2006, 07:13am »

I think our lovely MM has already made it to the hallowed ranks of DL Gold from what i saw on his TOF profile

« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2006, 07:35am by shortfinals »

jhm
    SQTalk PPS Club

Re: Elite status with one Delta trip « Reply #2 on: Oct 29th, 2006, 07:30am »

I'm sorry but I refuse to take seriously a FFP with such silly sounding elite tiers!

http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/medallion+man

http://www.cartoonstock.com/directory/m/medallion_man.asp

« Last Edit: Oct 29th, 2006, 07:32am by jhm »

Savage25
    SQTalk Elite Silver
    Re: Elite status with one Delta trip « Reply #3 on: Oct 29th, 2006, 07:31am »
    on Oct 29th, 2006, 07:13am, shortfinals wrote: I think our lovely MM has already made it to the hallowed ranks of DL Gold from what i saw on his TOF profile

Doesn't take much to reach those hallowed ranks
    Last edited by shortfinals; 1 November 2006, 04:39 PM.
Working...
X