A380 - Master Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ell3 View Post
    hahah so when is SKE going to leave the fleet. thought it's due to depart this FY.
    Well this is actually very interesting. I've looked up when SKC and SKD were withdrawn from service and in both cases it was just a few days earlier than 4 months prior to their 10th birthday, based on their delivery date listed on planespotters.

If SKE had followed the same protocol, the first time it stopped flying on 24FEB would have been that exact time. But then it started flying again on 02MAR until 11MAR and now again since 22MAR, so it is still flying a month after SKC and SKD did, respective of their lease timing. I don't know how easily these negotiations can happen, but if SQ wanted to hold onto it a little longer, if as a lessor there are already 4 A380s on the ground with nobody signing up for new leases, I would have thought that might be motivation to agree to a lease extension on SQ's terms.

With regard to ZRH, it appears they may have switched it to upper-Y again and instead put the all upper-J on CDG, now that it has returned to the A380. SKH is currently on its way to ZRH and CDG is getting SKL-T planes. They have made these trades between CDG and ZRH in the past.

Comment

• Does anyone know if the SIN-FRA route is due to get the 2017 variant of the a380?

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
        Does anyone know if the SIN-FRA route is due to get the 2017 variant of the a380?
        If I didn't know you better, I'd say you were filling in for someone else on here!

Click here for my response just a few posts above...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          If I didn't know you better, I'd say you were filling in for someone else on here!

Click here for my response just a few posts above...
          I'm missing him.

Please excuse me for not taking time to read previous post. Mea maxima culpa.

Comment

• Just got a seat change notice for SQ317 LHR-SIN in October. So The New Suites is going daily by that time. Not sure when it will start.

Comment

• I see 336 is back to a 380, and today's flight using SKT is, as seems to happen half the time, will land about an hour late. I am interested in this flight as I go to Paris at least a couple of times a year and use the TGV service to get to my ultimate destination. Trouble is I can never book the train with any degree of confidence! It seems the problem is they use the plane inbound from PVG quite often, and it's always late.

Comment

• Hi Fly have confirmed they are to receive a used A380 in mid 2018. They haven't confirmed where it is from but does have the same IFE and seat count as the SQ birds.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                  Hi Fly have confirmed they are to receive a used A380 in mid 2018. They haven't confirmed where it is from but does have the same IFE and seat count as the SQ birds.
                  Indeed, ex-SQ, with the configuration intact, Suites and all!
                  https://www.flightglobal.com/news/ar...d-year-447342/

Would have thought that SQ would not want another airline using its products. Wonder if there's any licensing by HiFly to use the seats...

Comment

• Doesnt look like its one of SIA's first 2 or 3 A380s as Flighglobal mention as "This includes 399 seats on the main deck with 60 business-class and 12 first-class seats on the upper deck – the configuration used by Singapore Airlines, which started withdrawing its older A380s last year."
                    this is because the 1st 5 A380s have suites on the main deck and not on the upper deck and the earlier SQ A380 have even EY seats on the upper deck.

Comment

• Originally posted by flyguy View Post
                      Doesnt look like its one of SIA's first 2 or 3 A380s as Flighglobal mention as "This includes 399 seats on the main deck with 60 business-class and 12 first-class seats on the upper deck – the configuration used by Singapore Airlines, which started withdrawing its older A380s last year."
                      this is because the 1st 5 A380s have suites on the main deck and not on the upper deck and the earlier SQ A380 have even EY seats on the upper deck.
                      I'd say that's just journalistic error.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                        Just got a seat change notice for SQ317 LHR-SIN in October. So The New Suites is going daily by that time. Not sure when it will start.
                        Speaking of LHR, SQ306/305 have gone back to their regular 77W rotation and the A380 is back to its usual SQ322/317 rotation.

Besides that, anyone got news about 9V-SKW?

Comment

• 9V-SKW got delay in delivery. Mess up the plan of SQ. I think mainly miles have an articles yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                            9V-SKW got delay in delivery. Mess up the plan of SQ. I think mainly miles have an articles yesterday.
                            Yep. For reference here's the link:

https://mainlymiles.com/2018/04/05/u...zurich-routes/

Comment

• Originally posted by sbs2716g View Post
                              9V-SKW got delay in delivery. Mess up the plan of SQ. I think mainly miles have an articles yesterday.
                              Another journalistic error, and this is a massive one!

For LHR to be currently served by the new A380 4x weekly, that would require some kind of time vortex or parallel universe. I'd like an explanation from the writer as to how a plane can take off from SIN over 6 hours before it lands in SIN.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                                Another journalistic error, and this is a massive one!

For LHR to be currently served by the new A380 4x weekly, that would require some kind of time vortex or parallel universe. I'd like an explanation from the writer as to how a plane can take off from SIN over 6 hours before it lands in SIN.
                                They have edited. They claim they show the days for old configuration instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X