AMS and FRA saver awards/Babies..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMS and FRA saver awards/Babies..

Looking at going to London next Feb and seems the FRA and AMS routes still have old equipment for at least one flight so was thinking of booking and using a saver upgrade as obviously the SIN-London routes are comical for burning miles.
    I did a redemption award mileage calculator and it states save awards are not available for those routes any more? Does anyone have a time frame for these being upgraded to the newer cabins?

Also Looking at taking the new addition back to see the grandparents does anyone have any experience taking a young baby on these legs, I seem to recall there being bassinets in the AMS leg. Might be a pipe dream and easier to go in Y with the little one but wonder if there are bassinets on all the European routes in J?

Yes, bassinets are available in J.

Comment

Bassinets are available in all classes/aircraft.

Have done both J & Y with my little one and have found that in J, we got very very well looked after. Had a rare female IFS on SYD-SIN last month and she took much effort herself in looking after us. At one point, she had a LSS come babysit our little one while my wife and I could eat.

Comment

There are not many seats with bassinets and being in the front row with extra legroom, they are very popular. Unlike in Y, these J bassinet seats are open for anyone to select online so they may be taken up fast.

FRA and AMS are popular destinations and savers are taken up months in advance.

I'd suggest you get your redemption done as soon as possible and secure your bassinet seats.

Comment

If there's a bassinet request and if travelling with infant, you WILL get them regardless if anyone has already taken them. Been there, done that

Comment

Yup... Parents with infants will always get the bassinet seat, even if someone else has secured that seat (non infant).
            This has been many many times being told to me whenever I asked for bulkhead seat over the phone to KF agent: "this seat can be taken away whenever any other pax with infant need it"...
            So, no worry.... Infant always has trump card onboard...

Comment

Cool thanks all, will be interesting to take him on a long haul.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                If there's a bassinet request and if travelling with infant, you WILL get them regardless if anyone has already taken them. Been there, done that
                Never knew that. Good piece of information.

Unfortunately, I did not know that when my kids were younger... maybe when I become a grandpa, it will be useful again. Haha...

Comment

Can anyone say which are the best seats on the trip to LHR from SIN, two adults and one small baby, having always tried to avoid the bassinet areas before I'm not well versed in the best seating positions. Any equipment better then the other?
                  Looking at Y I think as do not have enough miles for J

Thanks

Comment

Row 31 on the A380. The only ones which are by the window so you have some privacy.
                    All the others on the A380 as well as all on the 77W are in the centre aisle.

Comment

Working...
                    X