Star Gold status for only 20,000 miles with Aegean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
    I am under impression you can only use that benefit if the FF Program is printed on the boarding pass (which means you will also get the point on that program).

I guess I am wrong

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
      What I mean, normally a Frequent Flyer number will be printed on boarding pass. Assuming this is will be my Aegean FF Gold which mean Star Gold. Then I will earn the flight miles into Aegean FF and also enjoy the benefit as Star Gold (i.e lounge, priority bag).

But, I want my miles to be credited to TG ROP (which is not gold yet), but I want to enjoy the benefit of StarGold which I can using the Aegean FF.

Is this possible?
      visit my blog

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
          Yes.
          Can advise how should I do it? So far I only know just to give TG ROP number only. How to tell them I want to split. I will be traveling on SQ most of time
          visit my blog

Comment

You can either leave your TG ROP number there and just present your *G card for the benefits or have them enter both, like how people can accrue PPS value and put miles in another program (there are 2 FFP number fields, FQTS and FQTV, 1 for mileage accrual, 1 for status). I did the former previously, but only for lounge access. Had the latter done for me once too (had UA status for economy plus access but miles going to Krisflyer), but found it too troublesome talking to the UA customer service, just booked with UA number to preselect the economy plus seat, and changed to Krisflyer number upon self check in.

Comment

Originally posted by fone View Post
              You can either leave your TG ROP number there and just present your *G card for the benefits or have them enter both, like how people can accrue PPS value and put miles in another program (there are 2 FFP number fields, FQTS and FQTV, 1 for mileage accrual, 1 for status). I did the former previously, but only for lounge access. Had the latter done for me once too (had UA status for economy plus access but miles going to Krisflyer), but found it too troublesome talking to the UA customer service, just booked with UA number to preselect the economy plus seat, and changed to Krisflyer number upon self check in.
              Thanks fone. I think in my case I want both status and mileage to be accrued in TG ROP (since I would like also to work toward TG ROP Gold also). But since Aegean is easier to achieve Gold, I will be qualify faster and make use of the benefit while I am working on TG ROP (which I guess I need the status right).

Does it make sense.....
              visit my blog

Comment

Thanks fone. I think in my case I want both status and mileage to be accrued in TG ROP (since I would like also to work toward TG ROP Gold also). But since Aegean is easier to achieve Gold, I will be qualify faster and make use of the benefit while I am working on TG ROP (which I guess I need the status right).

Does it make sense.....
                I did that with asiana (requiring 45k I think) and have *gold till 2013 and remaining KF silver all these while

Comment

I managed to become A3 BLUE member which is a *Silver last month after my 1 round TPE flights. Until now I have not received the card. So I asked them. I got answer that they will only send my card end of April although I have reached the BLUE status early Feb.

Also I notice on my last week flight I saw A3 *S already printed on my boarding pass.

Why so inefficient hor... Just sending card. By end of April, I may reach their gold liao
                  visit my blog

Comment

Just thank the heavenly bodies that your mileage credited okay and that your status already refelects. I know quite a few folks trying out Aegan for an easy *G and they are having a heck of a time with getting proper mileage credits and any answer at all from A3.

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                      Just thank the heavenly bodies that your mileage credited okay and that your status already refelects. I know quite a few folks trying out Aegan for an easy *G and they are having a heck of a time with getting proper mileage credits and any answer at all from A3.
                      well thats not true. on the past 4 flights that i have in the last 2 months, all got credited within 1-2 days after my flights.

they did not reply direct email. if you filled the form, they will reply within 1-2 days
                      visit my blog

Comment

well thats not true. on the past 4 flights that i have in the last 2 months, all got credited within 1-2 days after my flights.

they did not reply direct email. if you filled the form, they will reply within 1-2 days
                        Again, good for you if that's the case. Great so it does work actually. However, saying it is not true assumes you know exactly the status of those mileage claims and I highly doubt that. I would recommend a bit more caution when replying before it sounds like you are accusing other posters of lying.

We all just share experiences here and these are my (& my friends) experiences. Out of 11 flights taken, 4 posted right away, 4 more posted after submitting the form (some claims needed to be submitted twice) and 3 were pending for almost 8 weeks and needed to be repeatedly escalated.

Maybe things have improved over the months and that would be great news.

Comment

Originally posted by fone View Post
                          there are 2 FFP number fields, FQTS and FQTV, 1 for mileage accrual, 1 for status
                          Wow I never knew that. Just in case, may I know which field refers to which? some check-in counter agents can be blur, or act blur!

I just registered for A3 membership too, and want to earn tier miles on A3 while crediting award miles to KF.

Comment

Originally posted by ginkoka View Post
                            I just registered for A3 membership too, and want to earn tier miles on A3 while crediting award miles to KF.
                            It doesn't work that way. Except for PPS, status and award miles must credit to the same FFP.
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                              Again, good for you if that's the case. Great so it does work actually. However, saying it is not true assumes you know exactly the status of those mileage claims and I highly doubt that. I would recommend a bit more caution when replying before it sounds like you are accusing other posters of lying.

We all just share experiences here and these are my (& my friends) experiences. Out of 11 flights taken, 4 posted right away, 4 more posted after submitting the form (some claims needed to be submitted twice) and 3 were pending for almost 8 weeks and needed to be repeatedly escalated.

Maybe things have improved over the months and that would be great news.
                              demue, I am so sorry. I am not trying to imply that you are lying.

I just stated based on my experience. OK may be my karma..... so after I replied to your post, my SIN-TPE flight was not been credited into the account properly. Now I have 1 missing transaction out of my 8 flights.

I filled a missing mileage through their website and only get the message saying it will takes 2 week for them to check and another 2 week for it to get posted. No email.

Agreed with you that the "admin" part ia quite bad and definitely need big improvement. I haven't got my BLUE card and I was told they will only send it by end of April. If there is no missing transaction by next week I should hit GOLD status already..... yet I haven't received my BLUE card.
                              visit my blog

Comment

demue, I am so sorry. I am not trying to imply that you are lying.

I just stated based on my experience. OK may be my karma..... so after I replied to your post, my SIN-TPE flight was not been credited into the account properly. Now I have 1 missing transaction out of my 8 flights.

I filled a missing mileage through their website and only get the message saying it will takes 2 week for them to check and another 2 week for it to get posted. No email.

Agreed with you that the "admin" part ia quite bad and definitely need big improvement. I haven't got my BLUE card and I was told they will only send it by end of April. If there is no missing transaction by next week I should hit GOLD status already..... yet I haven't received my BLUE card.
                                Not too worry, I'm not too sensitive . Well I don't think it is karma as 7 out of 8 flight segments posting is pretty darn good. It is more like they are consistently inconsistent (hmm sound like TG in other areas ) from what I have heard. Some odd flights on JK or TK post fine and LH or LX go awol. Who knows. Good luck to you on getting that credit.

Comment

Working...
                                X