SQ diverts all flights from Iranian airspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQ diverts all flights from Iranian airspace

Mentioned in the article below is that SQ is diverting all flights away from Iran.

Also QF is avoiding Iran & Iraq which likely will require them to add a refuelling stop on the LHR bound flight on their PER-LHR route.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-...ondon/11852472

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    Mentioned in the article below is that SQ is diverting all flights away from Iran.
    Indeed. I noticed it after seeing the news about the Ukraine 738.

Comment

Good to see SQ take a proactive step, being amongst the first to divert their routes.

Just wondering if the fact that one of their planes was in the area when MH17 got shot down back in 2014 had anything to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkenpachi17 View Post
        Good to see SQ take a proactive step, being amongst the first to divert their routes.

Just wondering if the fact that one of their planes was in the area when MH17 got shot down back in 2014 had anything to do with it.
        Possibly, but even if it hadn’t been, MH17 was the first time that most people had ever thought about a commercial airliner operating between Europe and SE Asia being shot down. Now that it’s something that’s part of the collective conscience I don’t think airlines can afford to do nothing. And of course since then we’ve witnessed another tragedy, so I would expect to see proactive airspace avoidance increase from now if anything.

Comment

Working...
        X