• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This, all due to the Savage25 Effect!
    HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      Unless your previous 12-month period of buying said miles has been maxed out..

Also, they amended it awhile back to max 80K
      my bad...thought it was per calendar year before the new change as well.

The total is currently 20K buy + 80K gift, so 100K.

Comment

My mileage has varied then, as they nor their website are allowing over 80k (inclusive of buying 20k for oneself), at any rate - don't want to drag thread OT.

You and your effect!!!!

Comment

At the moment, I'm peeved more at the effect Savage has had on the UK economy and its currency than on BD...

Comment

Originally posted by jhm View Post
            At the moment, I'm peeved more at the effect Savage has had on the UK economy and its currency than on BD...
            Well, I'd go to Zimbabwe, but it looks like they're doing just fine without me.

Comment

Back to the original topic I read elsewhere that SAS is putting up for sale it's stakes in spanair and bmi. I guess LH will have total ownership of bmi soon enough = more drastic changes faster.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiwi View Post
                Back to the original topic I read elsewhere that SAS is putting up for sale it's stakes in spanair and bmi. I guess LH will have total ownership of bmi soon enough = more drastic changes faster.
                But they still do not have regulatory approval from the EU as far as I'm aware, so nothing drastic will really happen until that, I would guess. (... hope!!)

Comment

Sure there are limits on what they can do until it is approved. But if hold 100% they can do much more than if only hold 80%.

Comment

Well, not really... As long as LH hold more than 75%, the company's basically theirs as far as operation of the business amd decision making is concerned.

Comment

There's control and there's control. At less than 100% they have to do stuff because they have a minority shareholder in bmi. At 100% they don't have to worry about it at all.

Comment

[QUOTE=Kiwi;83039]There's control and there's control. [QUOTE]

Oh yeah.... an example is Indonesia's law on minority stakeholders. Own less than 98% you can't do stuff like making a share offering, or delisting - without the permission of the small guys.

Comment

A sign of things to come?

Lufthansa and Brussels Airlines announced reciprocal lounge access and baggage check-through. The carriers said a codeshare agreement covering "large parts" of their networks "is also envisaged," in addition to the pooling of LH, SN and Swiss International Air Lines loyalty programs.

From ATWOnline, Feb. 16
                          Last edited by Desert Traveller; 16 February 2009, 03:24 PM. Reason: spelling
                          /Desert Traveller

Comment

And now this:

https://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/dia...rst-class.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                              It's getting worse... Savage25!
                              HUGE AL

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X