Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UA short connections in LAX

Hi all,

Hoping I may be able to get some advice here. I'm looking at flying from SYD all the way through to LEX on UA in October (all one ticket). The option that puts me in LEX at the earliest/most conentient time only gives me 1hr 40mins layover in LAX, followed by another short layover of 1hr 7mins in IAH.

I'd be flying from SYD with UA, landing early morning along with several other widebody trans pacific flights at that time, probably meaning TBIT will be slow going through customs. Is 1hr 40mins too tight because of this?

My other options include a 4hr layover in LAX or a 3hr layover in SFO, but these options wont have me arrivin in LEX until after 11pm.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

As you are going to have to traverse from TBIT Customs to T7 or 8 -- likely walking because the terminal buses are unreliable, THEN go through TSA security, AND you're on United, I seriously doubt you would make it with even a 2 hour buffer.
    HUGE AL

Comment

IIRC, UA LAX international arrivals is at T7/8, though I have not flown UA to LAX (international) for years (last time was like 7 years ago?). They actually have immigration and customs at T7/8. Things might have changed.

You'd have to go through TSA security again though. Again, I've not flown UA from LAX for quite some time, things might have changed.

editted: IIRC they also once renovated the immigration area at T7/8, and international arriving passengers have to be bused to TBIT, not sure what's the status now.

Comment

Thanks guys,

following on from your input as well as some advice from some friends in the states, I abandoned the 1hr 40min layover idea. Decided to leave the day earlier, this then allows me a 4hr layover in LAX, then a quick layover in ORD. If I miss the connection in ORD, its not the end of the world. By that time im almost in Lexington and I could be put on a flight early the following morning.

Comment

Yes, is T7 and T8. Immigration is at lower level of T8. Turn around time is quite fast and short distance compared to SFO.

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
            Yes, is T7 and T8. Immigration is at lower level of T8. Turn around time is quite fast and short distance compared to SFO.
            That said, I've been out of UA international arrival at LAX, in like 20 mins time, but with no checked baggage.

Comment

UA's SYD flight has been arriving TBIT for a while now.
              HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
              X