Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TG are going to be great fun for the forseeable...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG are going to be great fun for the forseeable...

Now that the good old Air Chief Marshals have got their feet under the table, their experience and expertise in running an international airline comes to the fore...

A new service starts to DUS, a bit from the left field but big catchment area, German and Dutch etc so you can sort of see it. But the proposal is to start with an F cabin, which seems very strange. What is really bizarre though it was to be at the cost of FRA which was going to lose its second daily flight and get just a single A380 a day.

However, that was last week, and this is TG, with new geniuses in charge, so the second daily FRA is being kept, or is it ?. No really it is, and the second daily flight is now with a 744 rather than the current 346. This week anyway...

In addition to this SYD looks like it is finally losing F, again, which isn't a surprise and probably means it will be back again shortly.

CGK is supposedly going from a daily A333 to three times a week, on an A320 (just like the first flight to SGN), which belong to Thai Smile, who are moving half of their flights from Suvarnabhumi to Don Muang.

Even airline route has stuff in Red on the TG updates. This promises to just keep getting better.

http://airlineroute.net/2014/08/25/tg-w14update2/
    Last edited by MAN Flyer; 26 August 2014, 06:12 AM.

I am actually starting to question their safety if this many idiots are running the airline. It seems.incredibly unstable at the moment. More so than ever
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Hey I'm flying with them end Oct CTS-BKK-SIN in J and I hope they keep their wits together till then.

However, that the bunch in charge now has no clue on how to run a commercial airline is pretty obvious so I also expect to get things worse rather quickly and more non-sense to come out of TG HQ and we all know that means something looking at the "fast ones" they pulled in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
        CGK is supposedly going from a daily A333 to three times a week, on an A320 (just like the first flight to SGN), which belong to Thai Smile, who are moving half of their flights from Suvarnabhumi to Don Muang.
        http://airlineroute.net/2014/08/25/tg-w14update2/
        I think the CGK reduction is only for TG435/436. Doing a dummy booking on TG's website after 16 Dec shows a daily 777 flight to CGK (TG433). Seems like the 3x weekly TG435/436 has not been loaded into the system. So overall TG might operate 10 weekly services from BKK to CGK, with 7 services on the 777 and 3 on the A320.

Comment

I quite liked DUS! Bring it on

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            However, that was last week, and this is TG, with new geniuses in charge, so the second daily FRA is being kept, or is it ?. No really it is, and the second daily flight is now with a 744 rather than the current 346. This week anyway...

In addition to this SYD looks like it is finally losing F, again, which isn't a surprise and probably means it will be back again shortly.

....This promises to just keep getting better.
            And they haven't let us down.

THAI on Friday evening (12SEP14) further updated planned Northern Winter 2014/15 operations, effective 26OCT14. In the latest update, THAI reverses previously planned operation changes for Frankfurt and Sydney service.

Bangkok – Frankfurt TG922/923 continues to be operated by A340-600, 6 times a week. Planned 747-400 service is cancelled. Reservation on/after 17JAN15 re-opened on Friday evening.

Bangkok – Sydney Boeing 747-400 continues to operate 10 weekly flights, instead of planned 3 weekly 777-300 (TG471/472) and 7 weekly -300ER (TG475/476). First Class service will be maintained on/after 26OCT14, on TG471/472
            http://airlineroute.net/2014/09/13/tg-frasyd-w14update/

Comment

Well for Kyo's sake apparently the bunch over at TG is still mulling DUS for Summer 2015. So stay tuned and be surprised

Comment

Yay me!

It'd be quicker to fly to Photokina also...

Comment

Looks like they changed their mind, DUS is now cancelled!

http://airlineroute.net/2014/09/23/tg-dus-w14update2/

....THAI has removed schedule filing for Bangkok – Dusseldorf route.....
                  I also thought that the runway @ DUS was not large enough for a fully loaded 747 anyway.

Comment

Yep, DUS dropped, for this week at least.

They have now also removed the 787 from PER, less than a couple of months after starting flights there with it. SGN seems to have been drawn out of this weeks raffle to get it next, yes the SGN that has lost it's morning wide body flight in favour of a Thai Smile A320. This week anyway.

This madness promises to just keep on coming with these new geniuses in charge.....

Comment

Hey I wouldn't mind a 787 on CTS-BKK in late Oct. But SGN is such a better use of the a/c than PER right? Maybe the weekly game of dice will make it happen for me . I think I'm safely out of range of Thai Smiles in CTS so the worst a/c they could send has either the slanted Biz seat version 1 or 2. Oh well it is a day flight so we will survive. It can only get better seat wise I guess.

Comment

At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly decide to cancel a proposed route 3 days before launch, or make route/ac changes every 24 hours...

Comment

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
                          At this rate I wouldn't be surprised if they suddenly decide to cancel a proposed route 3 days before launch, or make route/ac changes every 24 hours...
                          Ehh knock on wood 5 times now please. Don't jinx it - my CTS flight is a LM redemption and would be a pain to sort out. But I do agree with your point

Comment

DÜS is my second home but even I think it makes a poor choice as a new destination. There's a direct ICE-train service between the city and FRA which takes only an hour. Anyone headed from the surrounding areas of Düsseldorf would find it just as easy to use FRA as DÜS, if not easier as more express trains on the network head to FRA. Many trains run express DÜS and even if they stop, there's then a further shuttle train to catch. Even LH codeshares Deutsche Bahn ICEs out of FRA 'Fernbahnhof' as do other airlines like QF.

When I booked DÜS-MEL recently, SQ threw in the connecting DÜS-FRA flight for only a few extra dollars which was quite refreshing. The only advantage to me is not having to deal with my luggage at FRA and maybe it shaves an hour off my travel time.

If TG wanted to add a new destination they should look at Berlin which is around 4 hours by train from FRA, but maybe that's next week's thought bubble...

Comment

I think Berlin would mostly be low yield tourist traffic so not sure that works, but hey not like that reason and common sense rule at TG these days .

Comment

Working...
                              X