Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mileage Run ex-SIN for Aegean

Hi all,

Am currently on 19,200 miles with Aegean Miles & Bonus and need another 800 miles to qualify for Star Alliance Gold before Feb 2015. Could anyone suggest any trips ex-SIN that could help me achieve that? Unfortunately most of the short SQ trips I looked at are usually V or N class which don't qualify. Thanks!

mingster

Originally posted by mingster View Post
    Hi all,

Am currently on 19,200 miles with Aegean Miles & Bonus and need another 800 miles to qualify for Star Alliance Gold before Feb 2015. Could anyone suggest any trips ex-SIN that could help me achieve that? Unfortunately most of the short SQ trips I looked at are usually V or N class which don't qualify. Thanks!

mingster
    Have you considered a quick BKK getaway with TG?

Comment

Hi all,

Am currently on 19,200 miles with Aegean Miles & Bonus and need another 800 miles to qualify for Star Alliance Gold before Feb 2015.
      That's an awfully long time off to be worrying about just 800 miles. Do you really know for certain you won't be going anywhere in the next seven months?!. What a luxury that must be.

Comment

Thanks SilverChris for the bkk suggestion. I've actually never been but mrs mingster has been over 10 times and is kind of sick of it.

MAN Flyer - actually I've got trips to PER and ICN planned for August and Sept but both are in V class with SQ which doesn't qualify. Any potential work travel is also limited to HKG and CX and jan I've got some redemption Js for NRT so that is pretty much it.

I guess the BKK weekend is the best option for now.

Thanks guys

Comment

SIN - BKK is 880 miles.

SIN - CGK is 550....

If you do a SIN-BKK-SIN, then will be above what you need.

Maybe it better to do a SIN-CGK-SIN, then just slightly above.
          Last edited by kapitan; 2 July 2014, 03:12 PM.
          This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
            SIN - BKK is 880 miles.

SIN - CDG is 550....

If you do a SIN-BKK-SIN, then will be above what you need.

Maybe it better to do a SIN-CDG-SIN, then just slightly above.
            SIN-CDG is waaaaay longer than SIN-BKK, buddy

In terms of cost per mile, BKK might come out ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
              SIN-CDG is waaaaay longer than SIN-BKK, buddy

In terms of cost per mile, BKK might come out ahead.
              I actually meant CGK.... : sorry... amended...
              This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

SGN is another choice. More miles than CGK but less than BKK. Haven't checked SQ prices given how cheap VN tickets are.

Comment

The distance is not the issue here in my book. It is cost for a mileage accruing fare. I'm in a similar situation as I need a qualifying flight posted to my A3 *G account to keep my Gold status alive and active.

No work travel for months and my upcoming personal flights (DPS, KIX/ CTS) are mileage redemptions. Then how?

I was looking at CGK but SQ E fare is blo*dy 798 SGD all in. Are you kidding me? KUL is 434 SGD for an E fare - again, you got to be joking? BKK seems most reasonable on a TG Q fare (400 SGD range), but the Misses isn't really very much in favor of me heading there unless I do a same day turnaround - how boring would that be?
                  Last edited by demue; 2 July 2014, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Just had a quick look at options again. All the main ones for SQ e.g. DPS, SGN etc all would cost about $600 odd.. TG to BKK seems to be the best bet with a Q fare being $400 odd.

I was just thinking though, I'm booked to go to PER with my family with all of us on a V fare. Do you think if I paid the difference, SQ would allow me to switch up from V to H (about $400 odd difference) or do you think the answer would be a straight up no as I bought the cheapest available one which doesn't allow changes?

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                      but the Misses isn't really very much in favor of me heading there unless I do a same day turnaround - how boring would that be?
                      This I got to ask: what were you planning to do there?

Comment

Originally posted by demue View Post
                        but the Misses isn't really very much in favor of me heading there unless I do a same day turnaround - how boring would that be?
                        Wait until I'm there next and tell her you are having a night out with me then.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                          Wait until I'm there next and tell her you are having a night out with me then.
                          Then I'm definitely not allowed to go

To 9V-JKL's question - apparently 'Ang Mo' are better supervised when out in the "wild" here in SE Asia, we could get lost or side tracked

Comment

Just had a quick look at options again. All the main ones for SQ e.g. DPS, SGN etc all would cost about $600 odd.. TG to BKK seems to be the best bet with a Q fare being $400 odd.

I was just thinking though, I'm booked to go to PER with my family with all of us on a V fare. Do you think if I paid the difference, SQ would allow me to switch up from V to H (about $400 odd difference) or do you think the answer would be a straight up no as I bought the cheapest available one which doesn't allow changes?
                            I think upfare - assuming H is available - should be possible. Definitely worth a try.

Comment

Anyways, ex-SIN there are no good mileage runs that I'm aware off. I'm waiting for TG to launch another Mastercard sale maybe with a decent C fare to somewhere in the region and may consider that. If not there is always a Q fare to BKK on TG

Comment

Working...
                              X