Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thai (TG) Royal Orchid Plus Devalues As Much As 50%

http://www.thaiairways.com/frequent-...ceAirlines.htm

Upon first glance, the Star Alliance Chart does not seem to have changed. But the small print has -- redemption rates are now listed as one-way instead of roundtrip.
    HUGE AL

I think you mean 100%
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

The increase is insane, especially from Singapore to Europe. 288k for return J class and 414k for return F class. KrisFlyer need 215k for return F class and 160k for return J class. Let's all boycott THAI ROP...
      Air Canada's Aeroplan is still the best for flights within Asia for First & Business Class, only 30k in J and 50k in F, if the bulk of your miles comes from flights.
      But if the bulk of miles comes from credit cards, KrisFlyer is still the best...
      Last edited by vsepr; 21 June 2014, 11:20 AM.

Comment

wait...... is this increase for redemption at ROP with STAR Alliance carriers.... if you redeem flight with TG, it remains the same??
        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

TG ROP became really poor value earlier this week, Kapitan...

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            TG ROP became really poor value earlier this week, Kapitan...
            What does he care when the treatment he receives is God-like?

Comment

Originally posted by vsepr View Post
              The increase is insane, especially from Singapore to Europe. 288k for return J class and 414k for return F class. KrisFlyer need 215k for return F class and 160k for return J class. Let's all boycott THAI ROP...
              Air Canada's Aeroplan is still the best for flights within Asia for First & Business Class, only 30k in J and 50k in F, if the bulk of your miles comes from flights.
              But if the bulk of miles comes from credit cards, KrisFlyer is still the best...
              You are referring to Krisflyer point to redeem SQ ticket and not to other *A ticket right?

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
                You are referring to Krisflyer point to redeem SQ ticket and not to other *A ticket right?
                KrisFlyer's Star Alliance Award chart:

http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/ppsc...rip_june13.pdf

Comment

Thanks for the update.

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                    I think you mean 100%
                    I was wrestling with what to put. Since a devaluation of 100% would take it down to zero, I was torn.

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                    wait...... is this increase for redemption at ROP with STAR Alliance carriers.... if you redeem flight with TG, it remains the same??
                    Here's the new chart for Thai flights:

http://www.thaiairways.com/frequent-...ds-on-THAI.htm
                    HUGE AL

Comment

with Thai giving higher bonus miles for Gold and Plat member, up to 200% of actual miles flown for Plat, will this lessen the pain??

http://edm.royal-orchid-plus.com/Mor...middle_NewTier
                      This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                        with Thai giving higher bonus miles for Gold and Plat member, up to 200% of actual miles flown for Plat, will this lessen the pain??

http://edm.royal-orchid-plus.com/Mor...middle_NewTier
                        It lessens the pain a bit, especially for you Plats, but it's still a hit and for Golds and below it's severe, including doubling the miles required for many of the awards.

Comment

Please see the charts below for Mileage required by for a BKK-LHR return redemption award on a selection of Star Alliance Frequent Flyer Programs:

The first is the mileage required by a Star Alliance Mileage program before September 1st

Airline - FFP Name No of Miles
                          1 United - Mileage Plus 170,000
                          2 Eva Air - Infinity Miles 160,000
                          3 Sinagpore Air - Krisflyer 136,000
                          4 Lufthansa - Miles and More 135,000
                          5 Thai - Royal Orchid Plus 130,000
                          6 Asiana - Club 115,000
                          7 Turkish - Miles and Smiles 100,000
                          8 ANA - Mileage Club 90,000

At a requirement of 170,000 miles United is the most ‘expensive’ award on the list. Thai Royal Orchid Plus ranks at number 5 in this list. Compared to other programmes, the THAI awards do not look ‘undervalued’. They are around the same as Lufthansa Miles and More and Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer.

Now look at the chart AFTER September 1

Airline - FFP Name No of Miles
                          1 Thai - Royal Orchid Plus 260,000
                          2 United - Mileage Plus 170,000
                          3 Eva Air - Infinity Miles 160,000
                          4 Sinagpore Air - Krisflyer 136,000
                          5 Lufthansa - Miles and More 135,000
                          6 Asiana - Club 115,000
                          7 Turkish - Miles and Smiles 100,000
                          8 ANA - Mileage Club 90,000

Looking at this list, I have a feeling other Asian Star Alliance FFP's may now increase their mileage.

There was some speculation in the office today that the new people in charge in Thailand had something to do with the devaluation. Travel perks for members of the TG board have been reduced since the military assumed control of the government. Maybe the change of leadership in Thailand has empowered ROP to reduce the value of their awards and weed out the premium cabins?

Comment

I am sure if this is completely correct.
                            Has not use Krisflyer for long time. I remember the award ticket does not include fuel charges and airport tax.
                            For UA, award ticket include fuel charges but does not include airport tax.

Can someone confirm this?

Comment

Dear SQ Talk members,

In a recent communication with TG Management regarding the devaluation of TG ROP points I was directed to this KF chart:

http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/ppsc...wardCharts.pdf

I think this may have been TG management's inspiration for their own chart. The manager at TG pointed to the One Way Full awards. Are these ever applied by KrisFlyer? I seem to remember using the savers when I was a KF member and indeed using my KF miles to fly BKK-LHR at much less that the rates on this chart. Esp the One Way Full Awards.

Comment

Working...
                              X