United & Other US-Based Airlines To Raise FFP Requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    We just did SIN-FUK recently and had great service on SQ. Have also found myself liking the OZ crew, but notice that they serve fellow Koreans with exceptional respect (perhaps out of fear of getting scolded by pax, as I observed once)
    Similarly on Japanese airlines, the FAs seem to be a more attentive when serving Japanese pax. I hear they also get priority when it comes to getting the Japanese meals in the premium cabins, though I'm not sure if that's true as I usually stick with the western option.

Comment

Hearing all the praise for OZ, I'm really tempted to make that additional transit and give up the flat bed for an angled lie flat.

Comment

Originally posted by GLAM82 View Post
        Hearing all the praise for OZ, I'm really tempted to make that additional transit and give up the flat bed for an angled lie flat.
        I wouldn't give up fully flat on a non-US airline for OZ angled flat, even though I'm a pretty big fan of OZ's soft product.

And on a night flight where I expect to be sleeping most of the way, I doubt I would even give up fully flat on UA for angled flat on anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
          I wouldn't give up fully flat on a non-US airline for OZ angled flat, even though I'm a pretty big fan of OZ's soft product.

And on a night flight where I expect to be sleeping most of the way, I doubt I would even give up fully flat on UA for angled flat on anyone else.
          Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
            Have also found myself liking the OZ crew, but notice that they serve fellow Koreans with exceptional respect (perhaps out of fear of getting scolded by pax, as I observed once)
            Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
            Similarly on Japanese airlines, the FAs seem to be a more attentive when serving Japanese pax. I hear they also get priority when it comes to getting the Japanese meals in the premium cabins, though I'm not sure if that's true as I usually stick with the western option.
            I have NEVER seen this on any Corean or Japanese carrier.

HK Ground and CX F Lounge Staff's treatment of ABCs is an entirely different matter...

Originally posted by stargold View Post

+1 and I HATE HATE HATE UA!
            HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
              I have NEVER seen this on any Corean or Japanese carrier.

HK Ground and CX F Lounge Staff's treatment of ABCs is an entirely different matter...

+1 and I HATE HATE HATE UA!
              Haha, I have confirmed and ticketed on UA for NRT-HNL-NRT.

Comment

Haha, I have confirmed and ticketed on UA for NRT-HNL-NRT.
                We look forward to the TR!
                HUGE AL

Comment

After my trip last week, BR will be a (or maybe even THE) preferred choice for Trans-Pac flights. Reverse herringbone seats, Rimowa amenity kits and Dom Perignon all in J! 3x daily to LAX and the chance of getting on the Hello Kitty jet! Mileage accruable on *A programs. What more can one ask for?

They are expanding their NA schedules now with more 77W deliveries. Do avoid the few routes served on the 744s (SEA, YVR, I believe). They have the older slip-slidin' seats. But they will be phased out by yearend, when NA becomes all 77W. Additionally they are using the 77Ws on the SIN-TPE leg too and it is well-timed to connect to/from most trans-pac departures and arrivals. TPE lounge is not bad.

OK....food is not great if you don't care for Chinese. For those who do, there is usually a Din Tai Fung signature dish on the menu. And service is functional, but not CX or SQ great.

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
                    What more can one ask for?
                    Well, I think GLAM82 would ask for TPE-HNL-TPE.
                    HUGE AL

Comment

Well, I think GLAM82 would ask for TPE-HNL-TPE.
                      I've read good reviews about BR but personally only flew with them once on a short TPE-HKG sector in a Hello Kitty plane in J class. Did the pre-ordered Ding Tai Fung Beef Noodle as well.

I think their standard on that flight was below OZ but I would be keen to try them again on a longer flight.

Comment

I think their standard on that flight was below OZ but I would be keen to try them again on a longer flight.
                        I would take Corean over Taiwanese ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!
                        HUGE AL

Comment

Thanks. For a moment I thought I had to get my expectations in check.

Comment

Just two years ago, I would have agreed with that view. But BR has invested a lot on the new 77Ws to up their act. CI hasn't quite caught up. In terms of service, it is a matter of personal taste. Taiwanese are a lot more casual than Koreans, and hence less consistent. Just across the board - from flight crew down to taxi drivers. As an outsider, I feel more "at home" in Taiwan than in Korea.

Also, I am commenting purely from a SIN to North America flight perspective. BR uses their premium long haul product on the SIN route, which the Koreans don't. Also flight connections tend to be better with BR. TPE-HKG uses regional aircraft, sometimes even the dreaded MDs.
                            Last edited by 259850; 6 March 2014, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 259850 View Post
                              Just two years ago, I would have agreed with that view. But BR has invested a lot on the new 77Ws to up their act. CI hasn't quite caught up. In terms of service, it is a matter of personal taste. Taiwanese are a lot more casual than Koreans, and hence less consistent. Just across the board - from flight crew down to taxi drivers. As an outsider, I feel more "at home" in Taiwan than in Korea.

Also, I am commenting purely from a SIN to North America flight perspective. BR uses their premium long haul product on the SIN route, which the Koreans don't. Also flight connections tend to be better with BR. TPE-HKG uses regional aircraft, sometimes even the dreaded MDs.
                              I was on BR857, their Hello Kitty jet which I think was an A330

Comment

What's COREAN?

Comment

Working...
                                X