Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First TG F flight in a while, some thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I had another flight in F on Friday, this time MUC-BKK. A decent flight, which I slept through most of, memorable more for the fact the IFE was still December's and a great announcement prior to take off that not only do they reserve the right to refuse to serve alcohol to those who are intoxicated but :

"It is not allowed to sleep on the floor. We repeat, it is not allowed to sleep on the floor".

What exactly have those cwazy Germans been doing ?.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      Well I had another flight in F on Friday, this time MUC-BKK. A decent flight, which I slept through most of, memorable more for the fact the IFE was still December's and a great announcement prior to take off that not only do they reserve the right to refuse to serve alcohol to those who are intoxicated but :

"It is not allowed to sleep on the floor. We repeat, it is not allowed to sleep on the floor".

What exactly have those cwazy Germans been doing ?.
      Watched the Wolf of Wall Street last night, there's a particularly memorable scene in the F cabins that comes to mind...

Comment

Quick question please...... in both F and J, is it better to BtC before flying or take what's on offer? Got the SIN-FRA(J)/LHR-SIN(F) schedule coming up soon and so far never BtC.

Comment

Originally posted by scooby5 View Post
          Quick question please...... in both F and J, is it better to BtC before flying or take what's on offer? Got the SIN-FRA(J)/LHR-SIN(F) schedule coming up soon and so far never BtC.
          You can always BTC one meal, look at what's on offer for both meals, and request the cabin crew before takeoff to defer/bring forward your BTC if necessary. In 2 meals there's bound to be one main you like...

Comment

Originally posted by Unionruler View Post
            You can always BTC one meal, look at what's on offer for both meals, and request the cabin crew before takeoff to defer/bring forward your BTC if necessary. In 2 meals there's bound to be one main you like...
            On what routes do you fly TG F yourself ?

Comment

Originally posted by Unionruler View Post

I know I can eat one or two of the meals from the menu, I'll always find something but the point was only if the quality is different between a 'standard' menu item and one from BtC?

Comment

Just booked myself and partner SIN-BKK-MUC daytime flight in J and F.
                4 hours stop in between.

J class on SIN-BKK seems to be the 2nd newest 2-2-2 layout.
                F class on BKK-MUC seems to be the New F semi suites

Looking forward to the Rimowa kit, and the Bangkok spa. And I picked 1A and 1K.
                These have not changed, I hope.
                And I think my seat selection is the best?

Just saw that they have BTC too. Is that something worth trying ex-BKK? and if so, which one?

Should i expect about 80% of SQ F/Suites experience? or even less?
                Would like to adjust my expectation.

Cheers, and happy weekend everyone.
                Last edited by SQueeze; 16 August 2014, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                  4 hours stop in between.

J class on SIN-BKK seems to be the 2nd newest 2-2-2 layout.
                  F class on BKK-MUC seems to be the New F semi suites

Looking forward to the Rimowa kit, and the Bangkok spa. And I picked 1A and 1K.
                  These have not changed, I hope.
                  And I think my seat selection is the best?

Just saw that they have BTC too. Is that something worth trying ex-BKK? and if so, which one?

Should i expect about 80% of SQ F/Suites experience? or even less?
                  Would like to adjust my expectation.

Cheers, and happy weekend everyone.
                  SQueeze, according to the reports on FT, it appears that TG has done away with Rimowa amenity kits and you might be receive the Porsche ones instead. If this is true, it certainly is a step down.

Anyway, 1A/K on the 74N is indeed good.

May I ask - is this the MC promo?

Comment

Thanks Eriond,

Went to FT to look through the discussion. Looks like it's rumored a lot of things, the latest seems that it's out of stock and will be back mid-September. My flight is just right after.

But I am ready with the expectation that TG is consistently inconsistent.

So expecting Porsche and expecting to be TG-ed to old First Class or even old old nostalgia First Class

But hope they don't swap the Queen of the Skies to a 340 or 777. That I will be very mad.

Am using KF miles for this trip, the MC promo F class is not attractive. But the business class fares on that promo are pretty good.

Comment

4 hours stop in between.
                      TG924 has always been my favourite day time F flight to Europe. As has the return TG925 to be honest. In the good old days of BD's DC I was on these flights every month. The main reason I preferred them was the ease of connection either way in MUC, which is easily the best airport in Europe for quick and easy connections. The only hiccup was I couldn't take TG924 on Saturday as that was the only day of the week the late LH flight to MAN doesn't operate. The only problem was I did get TG'd a number of times to the old fourteen seat product on MUC flights, in both directions.

You should get the latest nine seat F cabin as in true TG style MUC is currently scheduled to get that yet the higher yielding FRA gets the older ten seat F cabin. As ever though, prepare to be TG'd

Are you doing the return TG925 as well and/or connecting onwards from MUC ?

Originally posted by eriond View Post
                      SQueeze, according to the reports on FT, it appears that TG has done away with Rimowa amenity kits and you might be receive the Porsche ones instead. If this is true, it certainly is a step down.
                      Indeed, as posted on here just before the thread on FT was started :

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthre...t=11709&page=6

kapitan virtually lives on TG these days.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                        TG924 has always been my favourite day time F flight to Europe. As has the return TG925 to be honest. In the good old days of BD's DC I was on these flights every month. The main reason I preferred them was the ease of connection either way in MUC, which is easily the best airport in Europe for quick and easy connections. The only hiccup was I couldn't take TG924 on Saturday as that was the only day of the week the late LH flight to MAN doesn't operate. The only problem was I did get TG'd a number of times to the old fourteen seat product on MUC flights, in both directions.

You should get the latest nine seat F cabin as in true TG style MUC is currently scheduled to get that yet the higher yielding FRA gets the older ten seat F cabin. As ever though, prepare to be TG'd

Are you doing the return TG925 as well and/or connecting onwards from MUC ?
                        Well, just decided to change to go via FRA on the A380 instead. It looks to me that the 747 New First hardware is better than on the A380. But via dreadful FRA would suit my schedule better.

I am heading to Venice for the Biennale.
                        And via MUC, it looks like the Air Dolomiti flight to VCE is not part of Star. I cannot redeem on it. So if I choose to go via MUC, I would have to fly to MXP, stay one night there, then to Centrale the next morning, then by train to Venice. Quite troublesome. Via FRA, it's an overnight from Asia connecting to a direct morning flight to VCE with LH.

Coming back from Venice, I am still undecided.

I am in the mood of trying different airlines' products although I have discovered so far that SQ is still the best .

Considering Austrian or Ethiopian to Dubai, and then hoping I can try the bling bling gaudy First Class back home from DXB.

Comment

I am heading to Venice for the Biennale.
                          And via MUC, it looks like the Air Dolomiti flight to VCE is not part of Star. I cannot redeem on it. So if I choose to go via MUC, I would have to fly to MXP, stay one night there, then to Centrale the next morning, then by train to Venice. Quite troublesome. Via FRA, it's an overnight from Asia connecting to a direct morning flight to VCE with LH.
                          Yup - unless you're willing to pay for the MUC-MXP flight, it's a no-brainer to go via FRA for the one-stop vs. via MUC with a train (!!) connection.

Coming back from Venice, I am still undecided.
                          I am in the mood of trying different airlines' products although I have discovered so far that SQ is still the best .

Considering Austrian or Ethiopian to Dubai, and then hoping I can try the bling bling gaudy First Class back home from DXB.
                          OS I can understand, but I would never have the urge to try ET unless the schedules absolutely dictated so.

If you haven't tried them before, LH is also pretty reliable in a German sort of way, and LX is an option too.

Comment

Originally posted by stargold View Post
                            Yup - unless you're willing to pay for the MUC-MXP flight, it's a no-brainer to go via FRA for the one-stop vs. via MUC with a train (!!) connection.

Coming back from Venice, I am still undecided. OS I can understand, but I would never have the urge to try ET unless the schedules absolutely dictated so.

If you haven't tried them before, LH is also pretty reliable in a German sort of way, and LX is an option too.

LH/LX are rather stingy with opening up seats.

OS service looks good esp the food.

But I don't like stagger seats. Tried it on Jet Airways's new 333s and was very disappointed with the coffin-like space. I would rather be on a recliner seat with less clautrophobic feel.

And on the dates that I am looking at, there is only OS available on 1 particular day and I would have to shorten the trip such that I would have to skip Florence.

My heart is with Florence, so am going down the peninsula, and will fly out from Rome to Dubai via ADD on ET's vintage 767 then connect to their better 777 to DXB. And yes, i think I will like the vintage recliner better than narrow stagger seats.

Still hoping for better routing to open up to come back.

Comment

I am sure some will be pleased to know the Rimowa Kits are back, in place of the Porsche ones. This month at least. The have also got new light blue PJ's as well, which while nice and thin thus meaning they don't make you sweat, the bottoms have no pockets, the tops have no buttons and are v-neck. They look cheap but are ok for sleeping to be fair. Got all these on last nights TG925 from MUC.

The crew admitted they have no idea when they'll change again but are sure it won't be long.

Comment

We had 2 different styles of PJs on our flight to SYD in late September, both the light blue ones and the cream/brown ones. I'd initially thought it's a nice touch that they offer a choice of colours/designs, but subsequently realised they're in the middle of a changeover. Personally found the brown ones more comfy.

We also had the Porsche Design kits on both ZRH-BKK and BKK-SYD.
                                Last edited by KeithMEL; 13 October 2014, 07:18 PM.
                                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Working...
                                X