No announcement yet.

OZ 777 Crash Landing at SFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

errrr.... as much as i love these gossip and insider news stories, i don't think many of us here are qualified to make a complete finding. often the final report contains a few reasons as well. Hopefully, maybe other airlines will learn from it and not take short cuts.

The bright side is the cabin crew manager who appeared on media photos actually looked very good considering what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by flyguy View Post
      some times for some unexplained reasons, things just don't add up or run against conventions. More news emerged from Asiana - and now it just added that the Supervising pilot (check pilot) was also his first time as a check pilot - who was supervising a PIC who was also doing his first landing in SFO and as a "Training" pilot in the 777.
      Further to that apparently there's another set of pilots (normally referred to as cruise pilots) for this long flight - making it a total of 4 pilots in the flight deck.
      It wasn't his first time at SFO but the first time at SFO in a 777. The pilot had flown a 747 into SFO on occasions before. Source: AVherald

Comment

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
        Your comment shows your absolute lack of of knowledge of airline operations
        Not until what you hear on the ATC recording.

Comment

Originally posted by cscs1956 View Post
          seriously, just quit now mate
          My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
            I hope they renumbered their ICN-SFO flight...

Oh my!

Originally posted by RHG View Post
            ...i don't think many of us here are qualified to make a complete finding. often the final report contains a few reasons as well.
            Well said!
            HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
              Oh my!

Well said!
              This is what forum for. Otherwise one can speak in front of the press already!

Comment

I am sure the press would hang on to your every word, whether they could keep a straight face is another matter.

BTW, you do realise this flight was operated by Asiana Airlines and not Singapore Airlines ?. I just wanted to check as your appearances on here are always based around having a pop at SQ, Changi or the Singapore authorities.

Comment

Mind backing that up with what you may have found out about the actual ATC recording?

Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
                  seriously, just quit now mate
                  +1 At least as long as he posts something that can't be understood.

Unfortunately they haven't (as per FlightAware). I wonder how everyone on board that flight might have felt seeing its destroyed sistership!
                  Last edited by SQGamespeed; 11 July 2013, 10:56 AM. Reason: Punctuation/cite source for flight no.

Comment

Two interesting comments from the ATW blogs on the media hype:

Media getting it wrong on Asiana 214 pilot

Stick to the facts
                    /Desert Traveller

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL

Quote=RHG
                      "...i don't think many of us here are qualified to make a complete finding. often the final report contains a few reasons as well."

Well said!
                      So I guess SFO's "boneheaded" decision, which wasn't true, wasn't so much the case in hindsight?

Comment

Hi, I just want to start by declaring I have absolutely no bones with you. Having said that, I need to question yr statement above - the implied is one can say anything without any factual justification whatsoever at all. That IMHO is highly irresponsible; if there's a basis for making certain statements or arguments, the source or credibility of that basis shd be stated.

I'm not a pilot, ATC, cabin crew or aviation tech; simply an enthusiast, and so in lieu of any tech knowledge, quite happy to be an observer.
                        Last edited by jammed; 11 July 2013, 04:18 PM.

Comment

HUGE AL

Comment

Reminds me of the Mandarin Airlines accident at Hong Kong. Almost similar picture.

Comment

Quite a realistic recreation of the accident.

http://blog.sfgate.com/stew/2013/07/...ays-sfo-crash/

Comment

Originally posted by SQGamespeed View Post
                                Mind backing that up with what you may have found out about the actual ATC recording?

+1 At least as long as he posts something that can't be understood.

Unfortunately they haven't (as per FlightAware). I wonder how everyone on board that flight might have felt seeing its destroyed sistership!
                                Google/Youtube will be your best friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X