LH A380 Flies To Singapore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
    What do little birdies say about equipment to be used and if the RTW is on the SQ26 or SQ 326 timings?
    My mouth is sealed...

But just a note... Birdies have gone quiet on when it would be launched, given the "spike" in oil prices and all.

Don't be surprised if it is not launched in time for W11. It is almost the done deal with regards to most aspects. Oil price will be the thing to watch.

Comment

For now, Changi has A380s from SQ (T3), QF (T1) and LH (T2). What's next? EK?

Comment

Originally posted by j.lin View Post
        It's only a matter of time till EK send their A380 to Changi. The only airline with Three-figured no. of orders for the superjumbo...

Comment

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
          Will go daily, but still A343.

Very glad LH is (supposedly) getting their A380's here. Talk about a product improvement, especially for Y - no PTV's to the best that LH has to offer! Some serious competition for SQ now.
          Well I was quite happy as I thought I can do SIN - CGK on A388. I guess the issue is CGK cannot handle A388, so they have no choice but to do MUC - SIN - CGK, instead of FRA-SIN-CGK I guess
          visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
            Well I was quite happy as I thought I can do SIN - CGK on A388. I guess the issue is CGK cannot handle A388, so they have no choice but to do MUC - SIN - CGK, instead of FRA-SIN-CGK I guess
            And why would that be reason, as opposed to the simple commercial consideration that the SIN-CGK-SIN tag-on has minimal loads in the premium classes?

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
              And why would that be reason, as opposed to the simple commercial consideration that the SIN-CGK-SIN tag-on has minimal loads in the premium classes?
              as far as i know, cgk cannot handle a388 yet. i may be wrong
              visit my blog

Comment

And personally, I prefer LH A380 F seats to SQ 77W's.
                Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                I have a feeling I would also. Again, I'd have to try both to be sure.
                And if there's no substitution, I'll have a chance to verify this towards the end of this year. Just got ticketed, can't wait!

Much thanks to the earlier hints from various contributors to this thread

Been biding my time for a longgg time for this one. That's just about the last of my BD stash...

Update: Just noticed that all F availability just changed to J on LH778 for November on ANA. Didn't try to check other months. Anyone else ticketed/going to try?
                Last edited by Kyo; 20 May 2011, 02:49 AM.

Comment

One airline to watch would be AF...
                  I remember that they mentioned SIN as one of their potential A388 destinations.

I wouldn't be surprised if SIN was upgauged to the A388. Premium yields are good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    Update: Just noticed that all F availability just changed to J on LH778 for November on ANA. Didn't try to check other months. Anyone else ticketed/going to try?
                    Lufthansa is limiting availability on its A380 First to Miles&More member only that have at least Senator (SEN/*G) or HON Circle Status.

There is no way to redeem BD or SQ miles on LH A380 F. Similar to what SQ is doing with their A380 F.

Comment

SMK77: That was to be expected, there was, however, a short overlapping window of time that LH's booking engine allowed the booking into 388 F (at least two hours before I typed that post you quoted). I redeemed mine through BD. Now it's back to usual SOP.

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                        as far as i know, cgk cannot handle a388 yet. i may be wrong
                        My comment isn't about whether CGK can or cannot handle the A380.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                          My comment isn't about whether CGK can or cannot handle the A380.
                          milehighj, my point is in my opinion the reason LH change the SIN-CGK-SIN leg to MUC-SIN=MUC from FRA-SIN-FRA is more because of CGK cannot handle A388 rather than lack of premium traffic.

LH used to stop SIN-CGK-SIN leg sometimes ago and did (FRA-??)BKK-CGK-BKK(-FRA??) instead.

You may be right that the SIN-CGK-SIN alone may not be justifable to do A388, but in my opinion the FRA-CGK-CGK part did and they will do it if CGK can handle A388
                          visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                            What do little birdies say about equipment to be used and if the RTW is on the SQ26 or SQ 326 timings?
                            I would believe that it would be a 77W.

There is a detailed discussion about this here

Good to see RTW confirmed.

Now if only SIN-AKL-SIN would be upgauged to A388

Comment

Originally posted by solitaire View Post
                              I would believe that it would be a 77W.

There is a detailed discussion about this here

Good to see RTW confirmed.

Now if only SIN-AKL-SIN would be upgauged to A388
                              Little birds twit a "single deck for passengers" plane for the RTW

Comment

Lufthansa might name one of their A380 "Singapore" or "Singapur". So far, they have named the A380s after their destinations such as New York, Peking, Tokyo, Frankfurt - Main and Munchen.

Comment

Working...
                                X