Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
    Serious, perhaps. Superior...???

And that's just the hardware. We haven't gotten to the software/service yet...

LH A380 > SQ 744
    LH A380 < SQ A380
    LH A380 = SQ 77W (Y equal, SQ J better, LH F better)

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
      Little birdies say that SQ will be reacting to the change as well.
      The only thing I'm waiting for is SQ to confirm SIN - FRA - JFK - TPE - SIN v.v., and I can't wait for the announcement to be released...

It's almost a done deal... Just simple housekeeping issues to iron out and you'll have SQ join the RTW league

Comment

Originally posted by Fryderyk HPH View Post
        The only thing I'm waiting for is SQ to confirm SIN - FRA - JFK - TPE - SIN v.v., and I can't wait for the announcement to be released...

It's almost a done deal... Just simple housekeeping issues to iron out and you'll have SQ join the RTW league
        What do little birdies say about equipment to be used and if the RTW is on the SQ26 or SQ 326 timings?

Comment

SQ's J class is 1 - 2 - 1... LH one is 2 - 2 - 2.

Comment

+1 I don't see where LH is superior. In C, slope vs flat can't even compare.

Comment

I think what he's trying to say is that SQ 744 F/Y loses out to LH 388 F/Y by a significant margin. Hopefully SQ will match LH's 388 service in Oct 2011 then.

Comment

If they did nothing and kept the 744s on the SIN-FRA route instead of fighting back with the 388, then yes, I'd be of the opinion that the mass populi would imagine the LH 388 to be superior in terms of product-offering.

Service-offering, I think SQ would still pull ahead ex-SIN, and let's not forget TPR for SQ F pax.

I was comparing the premium cabins LH 388 vs SQ 744 mostly (added: And let me qualify that by saying I'm not a fan of the Spacebed. At all. LH 388 J or SQ 744 J, I'd probably not care for either of them, to be frank - they are both not fully-flat). Y-wise, haven't had a chance to really try either for any lengthy flight, thank goodness.

Originally posted by j.lin View Post
                Speaking of that, I hope it will be a full flat bed by the time it comes in Oct~
                Doubt that's going to happen.
                And personally, I prefer LH A380 F seats to SQ 77W's.
                I have a feeling I would also. Again, I'd have to try both to be sure.
                Last edited by Kyo; 19 May 2011, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Hell, I'm just wondering if BD F redemptions are fully available...
                  HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by ek&sq View Post

LH A380 > SQ 744
                    LH A380 < SQ A380
                    LH A380 = SQ 77W (Y equal, SQ J better, LH F better)
                    Could not agree more (if we're talking only about hard product.) LH service is a bit of a mixed bag. They do a very consistent job but can be a bit cold sometimes. That's why I much prefer LX, especially on long haul.

LH's 388 and SQ's 744 J hard product are on par though. I think SQ's J pulls far and away ahead once talk about the newer planes. Would the A333's regional product be better even?

Also I should ask - wouldn't price be a big consideration for people? I would seriously consider taking a lot of my custom to LH even if it means transiting in FRA because in the future my flights will either be to AMS, which is an old aircraft with SQ, or London, (which i'd love to be able to go to LCY direct). I already do a lot of my flying with EK, so transit stops aren't a major issue to me...
                    Last edited by coffeeblack; 19 May 2011, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                      Effective October 30, Lufthansa will fly its A380 to Singapore. The daily service from FRA will return in SIN and no longer fly to CGK.

Similar to SQ, LH does not allow award redemptions for other *A FFPs on their A380 First Class. Commercial tickets SIN-FRA return in First are available starting from 11.500 SGD.
                      From 30OCT11:

FRA SIN A380
                      MUC SIN CGK A340-300
                      Airline Route | twitter

Comment

We can trust jimyvr so it's confirmed then

Comment

Originally posted by jimyvr View Post
                          From 30OCT11:

FRA SIN A380
                          MUC SIN CGK A340-300
                          Is this going to be a 388 daily route?

Comment

LH has uploaded the A380 on the systems now, so no sources needed...

SQ will send their A380 to Frankfurt as well, I think that's an open secret.

LH's First Class is a very nice product on the A380 and tough competition for SQ's Suites.

SQ's Business Class is superior to LH's Business Class but LH offers a lot better fares and with 99 seats to fill, that should stay that way.

Differences in Economy will be minimal and price will matter. Let's see.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                              Is this going to be a 388 daily route?
                              Yes both LH flights will be going Daily.

Comment

We now have official news:

http://airlineroute.net/2011/05/19/lh-sincgk-w11/

Comment

Working...
                                X