Star Gold status for only 20,000 miles with Aegean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Gold status for only 20,000 miles with Aegean

This may be of interest to some - Aegean Alirlines, now a Star Alliance partner, only require 4,000 miles to reach Blue level (Star Silver) and a further 16,000 to reach Gold within their Miles&Bonus programme, thereby totalling 20,000 flown miles for Star Gold status. From a quick read of the T&Cs, if you hold an Aegean partner credit card, you are automatically given Blue status, so this total may reduce to only 16,000 flown miles for *G.

Almost seems too good to be true - I'm sure there will be downsides relating to redemption etc., but on the face of it, it seems to be about the easiest programme to achieve status with. Any tips/comments welcome

EDIT This may well require further scrutiny, as from a scan read of the T&Cs I came across the following: "Miles can be earned on flights performed by Aegean or Lufthansa"
    Last edited by nickbot; 13 September 2010, 08:32 PM.

Maybe they have not updated their T@Cs since joining *A. The info on this page http://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbonu...px?code=winFly clearly states that flights on any *A flight can earn miles.

Comment

Thanks Nickbot!

Intra-Asia (Far East according to Aegean) redemptions are rather good value.

Comment

Thanks for sharing nickbot!

20k for *G is a steal.

Comment

Quite a few cases on TOF where some mentions of flights not posting and retro-claiming not allowing selection of cities where flights are flown (only those listed on their network can be selected).

Sounds like a dream with many catches... and easily one that turns into a nightmare, so I'd not go for it unless it's one of the routes between cities able to retro-claim from their website.

Comment

anyone has enroll on Aegean Miles&Bonus? Seems this is the easiest way to earn *A Gold. 20K only.....
            visit my blog

Comment

I've just seen the thread and have a friend who is a member of A3's frequent flyer program. Over the Christmas holidays, while back in Athens, Greece, I have been speaking with him and was told he was very happy on this ffp.

Mind you, though, that he flies at least once per week within Europe. Although I have not yet looked in detail at the terms and conditions of the program, this may seem especially appealing to frequent flyers who use primarily A3 or LH.

Comment

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post
                I've just seen the thread and have a friend who is a member of A3's frequent flyer program. Over the Christmas holidays, while back in Athens, Greece, I have been speaking with him and was told he was very happy on this ffp.

Mind you, though, that he flies at least once per week within Europe. Although I have not yet looked in detail at the terms and conditions of the program, this may seem especially appealing to frequent flyers who use primarily A3 or LH.
                I read through their details Term and Conditions. It does not mention about *A. I guess some one mentioned they have not changed their "real" T&C. But on the web, it mentions about accumulate miles on *A. I notice on SQ and TG, almost Y class can earn 100% with the exception deep discounted sub-class. But no mentioned about qualifying miles....
                visit my blog

Comment

20k for *G? Wow, not even able to reach SQ's ES.

If I use Aegean's miles to redeem on SQ, I'd use more miles compared to using KF miles to redeem?

Comment

Depends. Intra Asia redemptions for example cost less that KF

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                      Depends. Intra Asia redemptions for example cost less that KF
                      Thing is, most of my KF miles are used for SE Asian flights. No point spending 25k for an award that is worth 15k (using KF miles). Don't know if I should drop KF for A3..

Comment

Ah sorry, I should have been clearer. SE Asia to North Asia is cheaper on A3

Whether its worth it or not depends on where u want to redeem to. Do the math & see which one works out better for you

Comment

Guys, once someone get the *Gold status from Aegaen, is it possible to use the benefit and claim the points on other program says TG or SQ?
                          visit my blog

Comment

Originally posted by lingua101 View Post
                            Guys, once someone get the *Gold status from Aegaen, is it possible to use the benefit and claim the points on other program says TG or SQ?
                            Yes of course, that's the benefit of *A.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                              Yes of course, that's the benefit of *A.
                              I am under impression you can only use that benefit if the FF Program is printed on the boarding pass (which means you will also get the point on that program).

I guess I am wrong
                              visit my blog

Comment

Working...
                              X