Questions re connection at LAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SQDoubter View Post
    I have a question on flight connections at LAX as well. Hope someone can give me their advice.

My connection is as follows :

LAS-LAX US 2648 ARR 0837 (Saturday)
    LAX-EWR CO 0016 DEP 1025

Is this connection time enough and can I get US to through check me to the CO flight including baggage even hough they are ticketed seperately?
    that is PLENTY of time on a domestic flight. i have done connections at LAX where i had 35 mins between flights. you can have them tag your bag at LAS all the way thru to EWR and collect your boarding for the LAX-EWR flight in LAS also. once at LAX, your best bet is just to walk it from term 1 to term 6. LAX is shaped like a horseshoe. when you come out of term 1, just walk straight out (towards the traffic and parking structures). walk alongside the parking structures and you will end up on the other side term 6 & 7. you will have at least 75 mins by the time you get off the plane and over to CO security. you will be fine.

Comment

get and keep the wheeled baggage cart

At LAX like most US airports, use of a sturdy wheeled baggage cart is free in the customs area but usually subject to payment (swipe a credit card usually, a few machines take cash) elsewhere in the airport, with sometimes a minor return credit.

However, you can keep the cart and take it anywhere in the airport, usually including on whatever little trains there may be connecting terminals, rental car on site locations, and parking. You may have to abandon the cart when you reenter security.

At LAX, even if you recheck your checked bag at TBIT, it can be helpful (and enable you to run faster) if you keep the cart for your carry on when walking to other terminals. If you're walking on the departures level, take the elevator up one level after exiting customs. There are no steps whatsoever.

Comment

will connect at LAX to IAH this month, getting off TG flight at TBIT and then to T6 for a CO flight.... arriving at 1920 and next flight out is 0030.... a few hours of waiting... hate this flight but have to do it..... imagine being unable to smoke for all the all hours.... aarrrggghhh makes me want to just give it up..... maybe this is good chance to go cold turkey..... anyways, whats there to do other them sitting in the lounge and doing nothing...
        This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Grab a cab and go somewhere close by like Marina del Rey or Manhattan Beach for dinner or a drink.

Comment

TBIT to T4 Connector?

I've seen the video on T4 to TBIT Airside Connector, is this one way only or can one go TBIT-T4 airside after clearing immigration & customs?

If yes, how does it work?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              I've seen the video on T4 to TBIT Airside Connector, is this one way only or can one go TBIT-T4 airside after clearing immigration & customs?

If yes, how does it work?
              It's both ways.

It is a hallway, which is a corridor. You walk one way, then you can turn around and walk the other.

http://bfy.tw/KBd

HUGE AL

Comment

2 hours for connecting between TBIT and Terminal 4 sufficient?

Riding on this topic since I'm not too familiar with LAX and have a connecting there in January.

I'm scheduled to arrive in LAX Intl Terminal B (I presume this is TBIT) at 1150am and have a connecting flight at 215pm with American Airlines which seems to operate out of Terminal 4.

I presume having just over 2 hours to clear everything will not require any rushing for me?

Any advise will be appreciated.

Comment

Thanks to the folks from TOF who answered my question.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26243206-post9.html

Jonleong, this may help you

Comment

Originally posted by jonleong View Post
                    Riding on this topic since I'm not too familiar with LAX and have a connecting there in January.

I'm scheduled to arrive in LAX Intl Terminal B (I presume this is TBIT) at 1150am and have a connecting flight at 215pm with American Airlines which seems to operate out of Terminal 4.

I presume having just over 2 hours to clear everything will not require any rushing for me?

Any advise will be appreciated.
                    My son just did this connection two weeks ago, to SEA - because of complications due to Typhoon Chaba. Originally he was supposed to have two hours of transit time but his BR flight took off late and hence arrived 30 mins behind ETA. The air crew knew of his connection and gave him and another pax priority to get out of the aircraft. Then the ground crew managed to get him through immigration through the priority queue. They still had to run to Terminal 4 after checking out the luggage, which took quite awhile to pop up. But they made it at the end with some time to spare.

As a side note, I've to say that BR managed to recover from the typhoon mess quite well, though what was supposed to have been a 21-hour or so flight with one stopover became a 36-hour journey with 3 stops (HKG, TPE, LAX).

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                      My son just did this connection two weeks ago, to SEA - because of complications due to Typhoon Chaba. Originally he was supposed to have two hours of transit time but his BR flight took off late and hence arrived 30 mins behind ETA. The air crew knew of his connection and gave him and another pax priority to get out of the aircraft. Then the ground crew managed to get him through immigration through the priority queue. They still had to run to Terminal 4 after checking out the luggage, which took quite awhile to pop up. But they made it at the end with some time to spare.

As a side note, I've to say that BR managed to recover from the typhoon mess quite well, though what was supposed to have been a 21-hour or so flight with one stopover became a 36-hour journey with 3 stops (HKG, TPE, LAX).
                      CarbonMan, this is perfect! So without the typhoon saga the 2-hour connection time for your son would have been ok yeah? My added buffer would be that I have no check-in luggage and I can use Global Entry to clear immigration so that should shave off some waiting time if I end up having to rush.

Thanks to the folks from TOF who answered my question.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26243206-post9.html

Jonleong, this may help you
                      9V-JKL, this is useful thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by jonleong View Post
                        CarbonMan, this is perfect! So without the typhoon saga the 2-hour connection time for your son would have been ok yeah? My added buffer would be that I have no check-in luggage and I can use Global Entry to clear immigration so that should shave off some waiting time if I end up having to rush.
                        Short story: It probably depends on how fast he could've got through immigration. Personally, I've spent as long as an hour on the queues. But if you have Global Entry and no luggage you should've a pretty easy walk to T4.

Long story: Actually his original route would just have been a simple SIN-TPE-SEA. But the flight couldn't land in TPE despite circling due east of it for a few rounds. They diverted the flight to HKG where he sat in the plane for quite a few hours (no disembarkation) and then took off again back to TPE once the all-green was given. When he landed, he found out his connection to SEA had already taken off. BR sorted out his alternative flight after about an hour and a half (mind you, there were quite a few flights affected). They routed almost everyone who was taking BR to the US onto their LAX flight instead and connected everyone onwards from there.

Comment

9V-JKL, just for you, I discussed this with a Qantas passenger and verified with CBP. YES, you can exit Immigration, head up to Level 5, and take the hallway that goes to Terminal 4 (direction both ways). The signage you're looking for will say, "Qantas First Class Lounge; Terminal 4; Gates _____ (didn't remember the exact numbering)"
                          HUGE AL

Comment

Thanks Buddy

Comment

Thanks Buddy
                              Kaya Toast sounds good!
                              HUGE AL

Comment

Hi guys - I need some advice from those who are familiar with LAX.

I will be doing a connection in LAX in June 17 - I will likely be taking Alaska from SEA to LAX (arriving about 130pm) and leaving LAX on SQ7 departing at 515pm. I will be taking SQ in J.

Is 3.5 hours adequate for the transfer?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X