This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
    Yup and we're now waiting for SWY to emerge as a 77WR. On Week 6 and will hit Week 7 by this weekend. SWW will emerge 2 weeks later most likely.

I also just thought SWS was in for a retrofit, but it turns out it seems that it's scheduled to do SQ634/635 to HND today after 4 days of being on the ground. Also, as always thanks for the updates FSJZ
    Was still hoping when SWY hatches, SQ638 might have a chance to go 77WN. Unfortunately received the dreaded "Changes To Your Seat Due to Equipment Change" today and 638 is going 773 for my flight on the 15th this month. Guess a couple of the 77Ws might be out soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by goodielecks View Post
      Was still hoping when SWY hatches, SQ638 might have a chance to go 77WN. Unfortunately received the dreaded "Changes To Your Seat Due to Equipment Change" today and 638 is going 773 for my flight on the 15th this month. Guess a couple of the 77Ws might be out soon.
      If any it could be at least the ones that have not gone for a 4-day maintenance recently (i.e. SWG and SWT). But I think it'll most likely be another 77WN (SWV) before they handle the rest of the fleet.

Depending on the rate they're going, it's very well going to extend into January or February 2018. Everyone's saying January but things can always (and has usually been the case) change.

Speaking of SWY, iCargo sounds like it's scheduled to do 636/631 tonight.

Comment

• I am guessing this sudden increase is to get them out of the way so they can crack on with the A380 refit?

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
          I am guessing this sudden increase is to get them out of the way so they can crack on with the A380 refit?
          Ok, so what impact is it going to have on the 77W retrofits? Two of them are already 10 years old with the old products while the other two are less than 10.

Also, as I correctly stated, SWY is flying 636/631, so it has hatched without a known A/T like the other 77WNs. EF indicated to me it is in a 77WR config, if anything, feel free to post config details.

Comment

I just checked SQ's website. Only on the 15th you will get a 773. Otherwise, all other days after that they are operated by a 77W.

77WN? There's only one 77WN left in the fleet before that may go as well maybe next. If you mean 77WR, then okay, but don't get your hopes up. SWV rotates between MEL and NRT, but most of the time it's nailed to the MEL route, so NRT will see the 2006 cabin product more and more.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
              I just checked SQ's website. Only on the 15th you will get a 773. Otherwise, all other days after that they are operated by a 77W.

77WN? There's only one 77WN left in the fleet before that may go as well maybe next. If you mean 77WR, then okay, but don't get your hopes up. SWV rotates between MEL and NRT, but most of the time it's nailed to the MEL route, so NRT will see the 2006 cabin product more and more.
              14 & 15 actually. Well hopefully waitlist on 636 clears.

Comment

14 & 15 actually. Well hopefully waitlist on 636 clears.
                Yup. Good luck, I hope it works out and if it does, enjoy the 77WR then.

Comment

• SWV seems to be assumed to undergo refit especially judging by the fact it got SWI on 3 straight days so far and is also scheduled for tonight. SWT however is back in the air doing NRT. I think once they finish the last 77WN, we just have 77W and only then it should be 2 at a time.

Comment

• If I'm not wrong the NRT route SQ637/638 will be served by a 773 today. Currently SYL is the scheduled plane for the flight to NRT tonight.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQkid View Post
                      If I'm not wrong the NRT route SQ637/638 will be served by a 773 today. Currently SYL is the scheduled plane for the flight to NRT tonight.
                      FlightRadar24 is showing SWT, unless I'm wrong (which is possible!)

Comment

• Originally posted by maestro View Post
                        FlightRadar24 is showing SWT, unless I'm wrong (which is possible!)
                        If the rostering has been identical the past few weeks (i.e. Mondays-Fridays) then FR24 shows it this way.

Example: First 2 Fridays, SQ2 gets the craft from SQ325, third Friday FR24 predicts it, whether it happens or not is determined by iCargo and what aircraft SQ rosters on that route. Same scenario I saw for SQ2 Sunday which also happened to get the aircraft from SQ319.

Comment

• I am on SWW to MNL and apparently this is the first flight since the refit. however the pressurization system isn't working and we are returning to the gate now.

Comment

• Originally posted by pokfur View Post
                            I am on SWW to MNL and apparently this is the first flight since the refit. however the pressurization system isn't working and we are returning to the gate now.
                            They have been skipping those test flights after refits for a few months now. I guess this the risk they take.

Comment

• Looks like 9V-SWN is taking over SQ910 with revised departure time of 1300.
                              Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                                Looks like 9V-SWN is taking over SQ910 with revised departure time of 1300.
                                Aww. Would've been nice to enjoy the brand new seats. At least my bum is the first on 1A on SWW!

Good that I'll still get a 77WR replacement. Would be less than ideal if the original 773 was rostered.

For now, time to enjoy some roti prata at the F lounge (and reschedule some meetings......)

Comment

Working...
                                X